Status: In Progress.

A New Heart.

Before I break.

All I could hear was the soft thump of his slow heart against my ear. His warm skin was soft and smooth against my cheek as I rested my hand on his chest next to where my head was rested. My heart fluttered a little when his heart stopped for a moment and started back up again. His lungs filled with air as his body adjusted to the small murmur. He began stoking my hair with his finger as he gently pressed his lips against my forehead trying reassure me.

I looked up at him, starring into his dark blue eyes, trying to keep my emotions at bay. He lifted his lips in a small smile, but I could see the small sparkle in his eyes slowly fade. I lifted my hand to touch his face, as he pressed his lips to mine.
He took another deep breath as his lungs and heart worked hard to keep him alive. Before our lips parted, a small tear fell down my cheek before I could stop myself from showing any emotion that could cause him to worry. He pulled back as the tear fell onto his bare chest. I hid my face in his side as my tears began to flow more freely. He held me tightly as my weeping grew.
He didn't say a word, for it was obvious why I was upset. The harder he held me, the more I began to sob. He began to lean forward, taking my body with him so that he could wrap my arms around him as he held me and my cries fell onto his shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here." He whispered, holding the back of my head tightly.
It was odd how even when he was holding me so tightly, and how amazing it felt, I could still feel everything inside me falling apart. There was nothing in this world that I hated more than knowing the inevitable. He was dying, and there was nothing anyone or anything could do about it. This thing that I was sure to be growing inside me would never know this amazing being that made my world keep spinning.

"Brody, I have to tell you something. I can't hold it in any longer. I wanted to wait until I was sure, but I just can't do this on my own." I cried as I pulled myself in front of him so I could see his strong face.

I took his hand and rested it on my stomach, "I think I'm pregnant." I said bursting out into more tears as my body began to quiver.
I could see his eyes lighten up slightly as he starred at me, holding his hand still where I had put it. With his other hand, he caressed my cheek as his eyes began to water. "That's great Marianne. You're going to be a mother." He smiled as a tear ran down his cheek, but his lips pulled in a small smile.

"But... but I can't do this alone. Brody, I can't do this without you." I cried pressing my forehead against his.

"Didn't I already tell you that I'm here? I'm here for you Marianne. No one knows when I will slip away. I do promise you that I will be here for you as much as I can. You are everything to me, you are the one keeping this deformed heart beating." He explained trying to hold back his tears.

"But you won't be here. You don't know how much longer you're going to be here. What will I do? I can barely take care of myself let alone another person."

"You are strong. Weren't you the one who said, that with love anything is possible? This child is a part of me. If I can't be here with you forever, this child will be." He began to cry even more.
I could tell that he was angry for not being able to be here for me, but it was worse when he was leaving something he had created that he may never be able to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the depressing story. Listened to a song and got in that kind of mode I guess lol.