Status: One Shot

Danny Kurily and Rainy Days

1/1

I was running home from the bus station in the pouring rain, my umbrella had broken this morning and I had a mile walk left. I was soaked to the bone as soon as I stepped in the rain.

Okay so now running was useless. I couldn’t’t get any more soaked. I trudged slowly down the streets watching pedestrians pass by with envy as they held their umbrella over their perfectly dry heads. And cars passed by carrying people in warm dry havens. As I walked I found myself in the sketchier part of town. Where hobo’s littered the streets, as I walked I tried not making eye contact. I’ve had enough of their sleazy grins and badgering for money.

Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me, getting louder and louder. I kept my eyes forward hoping it was not a hobo, coming to ask for money or ask if I had any drugs on me. It was already a bad enough day I was soaking wet, as the rain still poured down persistently, I did not need a bum to stir up more unnecessary trouble.

“HEY.” I heard a deep masculine voice boom, as the steps got closer. Oh fucking great it was a bum coming after me for money or something. I kept my composer trying not to speed up, and not to show fear. And then came a tap on my shoulder, I quickly spun around preparing my self to tell this bum “No I do not have any change.” and to “fuck off.” But my eyes did not come face to face with a grimy run of the mill hobo, instead a man with brown hair, light scuff covering his face with dazzling blue eyes and pale skin. Okay this guy what attractive, but what did he want from me?

“Uh, yeah?”

“Well I noticed you didn’t’t have an umbrella, and I did. And it’s pouring. So would you like to share this umbrella and get coffee with me.” He asked confidently, his American accent very prominent. American accents were hot but they were usually nothing but trouble round here. Just trying to score British girls while they were on vacation in Liverpool.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I thought you looked nice.” He merely shrugged a slight grin adorned his face. “I’m Danny by the way, Danny Kurily.”

“Dottie.” I smiled shaking his hand.

“So what do you say Dottie? Let’s get some coffee.”

As much I was told not to go off with strangers I really didn’t’t want to say no. He was just so quite with his beanie glad hat and pieced nose. And gorgeous eyes I kind of had to say yes.

And the next thing I knew we we’re in some local coffee shop I’ve never stepped foot in.

“I’m paying.” Danny stated bluntly truthfully I didn’t’t have more than 7 dollars in my bank account so I just nodded. “What you you like?”

“Just a cappuccino and any kind of muffin, please.” He just nodded, walking toward the line. I decided to take a seat in one of the big chairs in the corner of the coffee house, I sat awkwardly. Danny had a knack of making me feel nervous. He seemed like a cool guy and I really wanted him to see me like a cool person too.

“Hey.” I said softly as Danny sat next to me in a matching red chair, setting down our coffee and snack.

“So, I got you a chocolate chip muffin. I hope that’s okay.”

“Yeah that’s great. I love basically all muffins.” I laughed awkwardly, hoping it came out charming and not like I was a pig.

“Uh so what brings you too Liverpool?” I ask trying to stir up a conversation.

“I work for a band, I’m a guitar tech. What about you?”

“Oh guitar tech that’s cool, you must get to travel a lot with your band, and I um, I’m just a waitress, I’m still paying my way through university.”

“Yeah I mean working for the band is pretty great I’ve been to south America and Europe with them. But it gets tiring sometimes, being away from home for so long, but sometimes you get to meet really cool people.” He winked before sipping on his coffee.

Our babble continue for the next hour of so, Me and Danny had exchanged numbers and skype’s he promised to call me sometime

He insisted on walking home with me since it the rain was still pouring down and I had no umbrella, he was so sweet and cute. And I really just wanted to kiss him.

“Thanks for the coffee Danny, I really had a great time.” I smiled up at Danny as we stood on my door as step we stood under his umbrella as the rain decided to never give up.

“It was no problem, I’m glad it rained today.”

“Me to.” damn this boy was charming. “While I better go inside I can’t keep you waiting from your life.”

“While, good-bye dottie.” Danny grabbed my hand shaking it.”

“Bye Danny.” I said, my hand still in his grip.

“Well, bye…” Danny said again.

“Bye….” I laughed at how our never ending good bye was going.

“Oh I forgot, one more thing.”

“Uh yeah?”

And then Danny’s lips were on mine. His hands pulling my waist toward his. My eyes shut tight hoping this moment wouldn’t’t end to soon. But it did Danny pulled away, as I open my eyes in shock from the absence of his lips on mine.

“Well, I guess I’ll call you later.” Danny smiled before kissing me on the cheek and walking off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear dottie, i really hoped you liked this. I'm sorry I'm bad at illuminating conversations and writing fanfics but I hope you enjoyed it anyway