I'm All Yours

Babysitting Melody!

*Alexis' p.o.v.*
As I warmed Melody's bottle, I heard her giggling. I ran to the living room and saw Jay there, tickling her. I smiled and sat by him.
"So, since you're experienced with babies, maybe you should handle the poopy diaper. Sound great? Yay!" Jay said, kissing me on the cheek before running off. I sighed. "Alright Mel, don't squirm this time." I said as I changed her diaper. Whew, I barely survived the stench! I threw the diaper away and washed my hands. Jay peeped his head in the bathroom and smiled. "Baby!" he said, hugging me from behind. I smiled and splashed him, then pecked his lips and ran to the living room. "Hey!... You left the sink on!" he called after me. I heard the water stop running and heard Jay mumble something. "What was that, sweetie?" I said, teasing him. He sat on my lap and kissed my forehead. I looked at Melody, who was studying the pillow. "Look at her face! She looks so serious!" Jay said, chuckling. Melody looked at us and smiled, so I gave her a baby rattle and turned on the tv. Cow and Chicken was on. I haven't seen this in forever!!

*Jay's p.o.v.*
I looked at Alexis and Melody watching tv. I can't say thank you enough to Caitlynn and David. I asked them if Alexis and I could let Mel spend the night. I wanted to see if Alexis really wanted a baby. Let's see if she can handle waking up every 3-5 hours. I reached over Alexis and grabbed the remote. "No, don't turn it!" Alexis said, sounding like a little kid. "Why shouldn't I? You're falling asleep!" I said with amusement in my voice. She glared at me and I threw my hands up and smirked. "Fine, you win!" I said. She smiled and continued watching tv. Melody fell asleep, so I brought her to the room and placed her into her crib. I walked back into the living room and Alexis was watching Phineas and Ferb. "Baby, are you awake?" I whispered. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for Gravity Falls to come on." she said. I sat by her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She layed her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. I carried her to the room and kissed her forehead. Then I watched tv for a while in our room until I fell asleep.

*3am*
*Alexis' p.o.v.*
It's 3am and Melody is crying. I rolled out of bed and went to the kitchen to get her a bottle. I changed her diaper and fed her. She started to close her eyes, and I picked her up and burped her. I didn't turn the lights on because I didn't want Melody to be wide awake, but I still saw how beautiful she was. I heard her burp and I layed her back down to sleep. I crawled into bed and fell asleep again.

*Jay's p.o.v*
I watched Alexis work in the dark. She really knew what she was doing, I guess it's because she helped out with taking care of babies when she was younger. She would be a great mother, but would I be a great father? I sighed and kissed Alexis' forehead. She smiled and opened her eyes. "Jay?" she whispered. "Yeah?"
"Why are you awake this early? I left the lights off..."
"I know, but I felt you move. I just wanted to see how you take care of babies." I said, smiling. She smiled and closed her eyes. "I love you." I told her. "I love you too." she whispered, and then fell asleep. In just a few hours Melody will go home... Maybe I can practice with Melody until then. I tapped Alexis and said "Don't worry about anything later. I'm taking care of Mel until it's time for her to go." and then went to sleep.