Status: finished!

Sunflower

one

“How are you today?”

I take a puff from my cigarette and blow out the smoke from the side of my mouth. “Fine, I suppose.”

“Why do you suppose?”

“Why do you ask so many questions?”

There’s a slight pause.

“It’s been a while since I’ve last seen you.”

I shrug. “I’ve been around.”

“Where?”

“Places.”

“Doing?”

“Stuff.”

Another pause. She writes something down on the notepad she’s holding and looks up at me again, a patient smile on her lips. She thinks she can crack me, and I can’t deny that I’m intrigued to find out how far she’ll go for an answer.

“Your brother, Colin, admitted you here in the first place. Do you know why he did that?”

I immediately tense. She notices and smiles, having finally gotten a response out of me. Tensing doesn’t mean anything though. It could mean a lot of things.

“Can’t say I have much an idea of what you’re talking about.”

“You know, that’s the longest sentence you’ve spoken to me throughout this whole session.”

I take another puff of my cigarette. “Would you like a fucking award?”

“Swearing is not allowed in my practice, and neither is your cigarette.”

“Yet, I have both.”

Another pause, longer this time. She’s writing some notes. The cigarette I’m using is out of flavour. It’s strawberry flavoured, my favourite. Can’t say I’m much a fan of the tobacco kind.

“You know cigarettes kill you, right?”

I shrug. “Who wants to live forever?”

She sighs again. “Do you know why you’re here, Jess?”

I finally look at her, and I mean really look at her. Her dyed blonde hair is tied up into a tight bun, the crisp white shirt she wears hangs from her body in sort of an odd way, that makes her sides appear bigger than usual and her shoulders more like man shoulders than anything else. An intense look bores her deep blue eyes, yet her eyes are shining with what, tears? That throws me off completely. I’m not sure how to think, or even act now. I don’t know why she affects me so much, except that she reminds me of a best friend of my mother’s.

“Yeah.” I smile coldly, void of any emotions or feelings or thoughts, even though my mind is racing a mile a minute and I can’t seem to form any words properly except for the following ones that rush out of my mouth. “I killed my parents.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm already up to the fourth chapter of this. The chapters are pretty short, and I'm not sure how long this will be, maybe ten-fifteen chapters at most? Anyways, I hope you like so far :)