Status: finished!

Sunflower

end

I thought this would be uplifting. Maybe it’d make things better. Maybe I could befriend all of my old friends and things would go back to normal. Maybe I’d stop trying to kill myself. Maybe, just maybe I could stop smoking. Maybe something good could finally happen.

I return home. The house is quiet. I strip off my clothes and enter the shower. The hot water soothes my neck and back muscles. I turn off the hot water tap, leaving me with the cold water to shock my body. I don’t mind though. It’s nice, relaxing actually.

I slip on some underwear and an oversized t-shirt. Sliding into my bed, my eyes flutter for a moment before my head collides with my pillow and my hands loosely clenching the blanket.

For the first time in five months, there are no nightmares. Only dreams, dreams about a field of sunflowers where my parents greet me, and I pick the petals of a sunflower and throw them in the air. Colin’s there too, and he’s smiling with me, the way it should be. The way it always will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
26 recc's, 33 subs, 7 very lovely comments, 88 readers, seriously, I can't even.
Thank you to everyone, and a special thank you to losing control. who reviewed Sunflower, I'm still fan girling over it, haha.
Even though this was a short story and only was 'up' for five days, it's easily one of my most favourite things I've written. Maybe I'll write something similar to this in the future, who knows? Much love to everyone :)