To Write Love on Her Arms

Tear In Two, She lies awake

Chap 3: Tear in Two, She Lies Awake
The full length mirror shattered with only a spilt second thought. Her naked reflection causing
the violent outburst. Why couldn’t she be born beautiful like other girls? Whether they were tall, short,slender, or what society called ‘fat’, those girls were beautiful. Katie was not.
‘No wonder no one can love me. ‘ She thought as she picked up the glass. Katie sighed only CatCat haever shown her affection. While other children were showered with hugs and ‘I love yous’, she was ignored and cast off on other people. Sadly, when those people decided she wasn’t worth the bother she was given back to her mother. It was like a vicious cycle, when she got sick of Katie she was once again pushed on the next unsuspecting person until they returned her to her mother before the next victim.
Katie wished the cycle with her mom would have been the same cycle she had with boyfriends but thatwas much worse. For any man that ever looked her way there were 100 more who gave her looks of pure disgust. As a child, even with all the horrible namecalling she thought she would turn into a swan.After all, Disney movies were never wrong. As a teenage , Katie thought she would be like Rachael Leigh Cook in She’s All That. By the time she was out of school , Katie had come to realize one serious thing: unless she came up with serious cash to fix herself she was stuck being the ugly duckling.
Katie smiled with relief in knowing her list was almost done then she could make the world a little more beautiful. She looked down at her rewritten goals even though she had them memorized and calculated. It would probably only take another week or two to accomplish everything then she could make arrangements for her things and for CatCat. It would be the 13th if everything went according to plan, Katie knew it was meant to be if that happened as 13 was her favorite number.

The atmosphere was different on the Pierce The Veil bus and it hadn’t gone unnoticed by Jaime Preciado. The normally fun bus had an air of suffocation and a silent disturbance that he couldn’t figure out. He knew it had started some time the previous week. At first, he figured whatever was in the air would blow over but now that it hadn’t, he was worried. Jaime knew it wasn’t something he had done and from the lack of strangeness surrounding Vic, he figured it had nothing to do with him either. The odd vibe was radiating from Mikey and Tony, both of whom had been acting different.
Tony was hiding in his bunk more than usual. Sure the guy was quiet but usually that was only for interviews and fans. Jaime knew Tony as the goofy, Star Wars loving fool that was one of his best friends. This new quieter, reserved Tony was beyond his comprehension. Jaime had been
trying to figure out a way to approach Tony about his behavior. He knew he couldn’t just very
well walk up to him and ask what was with the sudden strangeness. Afterall, Tony had only been
separated from his girlfriend of 4 years for about 6 months and IF that was the reason for his behavior then Jaime didn’t want to make him feel worse.
Mike was also different. Jaime hadn’t seen him smoke a blunt since all this began and he
was glued to his fucking computer like the Geek Squad. Both of those behaviors were very unlike
Mikey Whiskey Hands. Jaime had asked Vic about this change in Mikey but he had been clueless as
well. Whatever was going on with Mike seemed to have a possible link to Turtle, Jaime noted; he
just hoped he could figure it out soon. This Twilight Zone shit was really freaking him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Even though the song has nothing to do with the plot, I have been listening to Mayday Parade's The Silence on repeat while writing this. I really hope you guys are enjoying it. I'm so sorry for my grammar issues.
I would like to say a special thank you to everyone who has reviewed this story, as well as to the subscribers and the person who recommended it. This particular story has been very difficult for me to write because it has some facts in it. I encourage each of you, should you feel alone to contact a friend, trusted family member, or even myself. No one should know what it's like to hate themself or to question who they are.
True love is that of accepting and loving oneself.