We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Truth Is Coming Out Now!

“This is so awkward” I admitted and he smiled “Baby I know this is your first time and I just want to make it right, there’s nothing awkward about it. That’s why I asked if you’re comfortable with me, you could say anything to me and there’s nothing to feel awkward about. Me talking is awkward,” he explained kissing me pulling his pants off before his fingers undid my shorts pulling them off me. “Fuck your body is amazing” he whispered grinding his hips into mine kissing me, he pulled back and I grabbed him pulling him back to me and his hips dropped into mine, my skin jumped as his fingers traced down my stomach to my underwear.

I dug my nails into his skin as they traced down his back, his tongue moved strong against mine “How come you drive me crazy like this?” he asked before kissing at my chest pulling the covers over us, I felt his hand on my back before he undid my bra. He kept kissing me as he pulled it off, he moved his hand to my neck slowing the kisses down “I love you” he said in my ear before kissing down my jaw reattaching his lips to mine whilst his hand massaged at my chest.

His hand moved to my underwear teasing at the waist before kissing down my body and along the waistband of my underwear, I felt his fingers dig in at my thigh before he moved back to my mouth. “Hales you’re amazing, are you okay?” “Kevin shut up,” I stated and he laughed against my neck before sucking on the skin, I arched my back and he pulled back from me smiling. I pushed my hand through his hair “I love you” I said and he smiled, he moved slowly before I felt his breathing become shallow “Babe are you sure?” I nodded.

2 days later and I was walking to work when someone shouted my name, I turned to see 2 guys. “It’s Alex, Kevin’s friend” he reminded and I smiled “Oh hi” I replied and he smiled “What you going?” “Going back to work, you?” I asked, “Going to the studio, do you know if Kevin’s going?” “Yeah he said he was going down after lunch, I bet he’s still in bed if you go by his place” I joked and Alex laughed.

I recognised the guy next to him from seeing him with that Jeremy guy from outside what I thought might be my dad’s house in town that day “As always; this is Neil, Neil this is Hayley” Alex introduced and the other guy smiled “Nice to meet you, what are you guys doing later?” he asked and I shrugged “Well we’re going down to the park for this party thing, you guys should come” “Yeah you should! It’ll be fun; I think Kevin thinks we’ll be embarrassing so he never comes out with us if you’re with him. Promise we won’t embarrass him” Alex reasoned and I laughed, “Yeah okay, you can tell him I’ll go. Anyway I have to go otherwise I’ll be late” “Okay see you later!” Alex shouted as they walked off “Bye” I replied.

By the time I had finished work my phone rang as I walked out “Hales did you tell the others we’ll go out tonight?” “Hi Kevin, I’m great thanks you?” I joked and I heard him laugh “We’ll do that in a minute! Did you say that?” “Yes, they saw me going to work and I said I’d go, if you want to go” I replied and he groaned “What?” “I wanted to watch TV,” he complained, “Well record it, you always watch TV! Is the thought of going out with your friends with me that bad?” I asked, “Hales no it’s just complicated” “How complicated can it be?” I stated.

“I just know they’ll go on at you constantly and I don’t want to deal with it! I’d rather spend the night at home with you than with them” he explained and I smiled “Fine Kevin Skaff have it your way” “Baby are you fucking me around?” he asked and I laughed. “I hate you! Babe if you want to go we can” “Yeah, you never see them and they seem nice” I reasoned and he laughed “Okay babe we’ll go, I got us dinner so I’ll see you in a bit. I love you pretty face” “I love you too handsome” I replied smiling as I hung up.

I walked in the house to hear him in the kitchen, I smiled as I saw him stood with his back to me watching the stove “Something smells good” I said “Yeah the food doesn’t smell bad either” he joked turning to face me and I laughed at him. “You have a good day?” I asked and he nodded “Did you?” “Yeah not bad thanks” I replied as he put food on plates. “You made this?” “Well it came in packets and I made it up,” he said as he began eating and I smiled sitting opposite him eating my own food “You finished?” I nodded “Go get ready then and I’ll clean up in here” he stated and I got up walking off.

I showered getting changed and walked out to see him sat watching TV “Ready?” I nodded, he turned it off standing up “Come on then” he said holding his hand out and I smiled as I pushed my fingers into his own. We walked down the road together reaching the park “Hales if you want to leave we can…” “Kevin I’ll be fine” I reassured and he smiled as we walked into the park.

He introduced me to the guys that were there and their girlfriends and friends, “Hey I know you, well I’ve seen you around. I never saw a picture otherwise I’d have recognised you, I’m Jeremy” he introduced and I smiled “Hayley” I said and he smiled at Kevin. “Check you out with a legit girlfriend. I’m sorry Hayley if we’ve all commented it’s just, well…none of us really thought Kevin had a girlfriend. I mean he jokes about stuff a lot and we’d all gone and got girlfriend or on dates and then you appear and we were sceptical but we believe him now. Unless this is some massive ploy and he’s persuaded you into it” he joked and I smiled.

We’d been there for ages and it was already dark out by the time I heard shouting and Jeremy stood talking to some guy and then Alex walked over to them. “Skaff what’s this I hear about you not lying to us and that this girlfriend you keep banging on about is real?” a voice shouted and Kevin started to laugh before kissing the side of my head. “Hales baby come with me a second” he said pulling me after him and I smiled “Yeah you heard right, this is Hayley. She’s real and everything, I hate to disappoint everyone and not have a made up girlfriend,” Kevin answered laughing.

“Hi Hayley, I’m Tom. Kevin tries to replace me in the band but fails every time; we all know I was and still am better than him” he smiled and Kevin laughed. “It’s nice to meet you” I replied and he nodded, Alex started to ask me about Mico and what exactly he did so I stood talking to him for awhile before I saw Tom talking to a woman “Who’s that?” I asked. “Oh that’s Kelly, his wife” “Wife?” I repeated and Alex nodded.

“Yeah, that’s why he left the band in the first place. He’s a bit older than us so he’s got that family thing going on” he explained and I nodded. I was too busy being distracted by meeting all of Kevin’s friends to pay much attention to the fact this Tom was older than the others. “You ought to watch that one, Kevin will be drunk and well he’s always an embarrassment when he gets wasted” Alex stated and I laughed as another guy walked over talking to Neil and Jeremy before he saw everyone else.

“Tom Denney you old dog, how are you?” he asked and I looked over as they hugged each other and I felt sick, “I-I have to go ring someone I’ll be back” I lied walking over to the tree’s and leaning against one. Tom Denney was his name, he was older than the others, and he was living in Ocala!

“Hales baby” I heard Kevin say as he stood in front of me and I looked up at him, “Hey what’s wrong? Did someone say something to you, who was mean?” he asked pulling me into his chest. I shook my head “So why the sad face and tears?” “I’m not…” I trailed off as I realised I was crying, “W-what’s his name?” I asked. “Who, the old guy?” he questioned and I nodded.

“Tom, Tom Denney. Why?” he said as I tightened my grip on him, I felt physically sick but I just couldn’t move or bring myself to say anything. “Hayley, what is it babe? It’s okay, it’s just me, tell me what’s wrong?” Kevin begged squeezing me against him. “I’m fine” I managed to lie and he rocked slightly “Baby you’re shaking, what’s wrong?” he asked. “You know Tom or something?” I felt my breathing increase as I saw him looking our way.

“Tom Denney, about 35 years old, from Ocala” I said reeling off his address and home phone number and Kevin nodded at me “How’d you know? You know him from somewhere, he’s 37?” he stated and I shook my head “No but my mom told me to come here to find my dad, she always made me aware he was around her age, she was 16 when she had me. I’m 18 now so she would be 34 now; she told me his name was Tom Denney. I’m going to put money on the fact he’s the only guy matching that description around here” I explained and Kevin pulled me to look at him.

“He could be your dad?” he asked and I nodded feeling new tears in my eyes, “Tom never mentioned having any other kids than the 2 he has” “He has 2 kids?” I questioned and he nodded “A boy and girl, well the girl is his step daughter but he has never mentioned another kid so he can’t be surely?” Kevin replied and I shook my head “She said I had to give him a chance, I never knew my grandparents from his side, what if he doesn’t even know?” I said and Kevin looked at me.

“Do you want to know?” he asked and I shrugged “What if it’s not?” “Hayley I can find out if it’s him for you without even making it obvious but it’s if you want to know. Look I won’t ever tell anyone even if it is him if you don’t want me to, it’s all up to you baby because this is your life” he reasoned. “I-I just don’t get it, what are the chances?” I mumbled and he hugged me again.

“I know what are the chances I’m his replacement and one of his best friends! Look babe if you want to get to know him it’ll be easy” “I just don’t know what to do” I admitted and he pulled me to look at him “Babe it’s better to know than not, now I can find out for you. Come on babe lets go see them,” he whispered kissing me.