We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

You F***ed Up!

I was in my room when my phone went “Hey baby, come down?” the voice asked and I smiled running downstairs to see Kevin stood waiting for me. “Lets go out for a bit,” he stated “Where?” “I don’t know, a walk maybe? Can’t we just go out together?” he snapped and I looked at him and he smiled “Sorry beautiful I’ve had a shitty day, just wanted to see my favourite girl so she could cheer me up” he offered and I smiled at him kissing him.

I linked my fingers through his and he gripped my hand tightly in his own as he led us down the road, “So why you had a bad day?” I asked, “Because it was just shit from beginning to end. I wake up and your not there, then I fell back to sleep and had to nearly run to the studio. I got there late and Jeremy got pissy with me for it, then I couldn’t get anything good down, had a disagreement with Andrew and then had to walk to see you to get out the house before I drove myself crazy” he explained and I nodded slowly leaning against his side.

“How was your day babe?” he questioned and I nodded slowly “Good, this is what I like to hear. Baby stay at mine tonight” “I can’t I have work tomorrow” I stated. “Like that ever stops you, come on. Please” he begged and I laughed “But “”But you’ll make my day a lot better if you do, we can watch TV until late together” he reasoned as he turned to face me stopping walking and pulling me into him.

“We can chill out, watch TV, eat bad food and well we could do other things too,” he offered grinning at me and I rolled my eyes “What other things?” “Scrabble” he said quickly and I laughed kissing him and he held me there “Ergh put her down Skaff!” a voice shouted and he smiled into the kiss before pulling away. “Maybe if you got your head out of the bedroom you’d do better at work!” the voice called and he tensed up “We’ll see” I said quietly and he looked down at me smiling.

“Shut up you dick!” he argued with the person kissing me quickly “Well that’s obviously your issue” they called back “No you’re my problem right now! Get off my case you jerk! Babe ignore him” he whispered the last part and I rolled my eyes. Yeah this should be awkward but it actually wasn’t, I knew Kevin would never go telling people what we got up to and that made me feel more comfortable around people and him.

“Oh calm down you, come get a drink with us you grumpy fucker!” they shouted and Kevin glared at them “Hayley tell Kevin to calm down and relax, come to the bar with us” the said and I looked to see Neil. “Come on, just for one” he reasoned and Kevin groaned “Fine, 1 but then we’re going” Kevin replied motioning me to walk with him. “Kevin…” “It’s fine babe, they don’t even bother unless you’re drinking and even then they’d serve you. You look old enough, hence why we got into this whole thing in the first place. Honestly it’s fine” he reassured.

I nodded slowly as we crossed the road “Who cares anyway, we’re cool with it so it doesn’t matter” he stated before walking with Neil and Alex, we got there and they stood talking at the door before going to sit down. They all picked on Kevin for being grumpy and he got tenser as they went on at him. “Anyway I’m getting drinks, what’s everyone having?” Neil asked “Kevin the usual?” “Yeah man” he replied.

“Hayley?” “Oh I’m good thanks,” I stated “Sure? Kevin would be pissed if you refused a drink on my money” “She said no already” Kevin cut in and Neil wandered off, they started to talk between themselves when Alex looked at me “Are you straightedge?” I shook my head “Religious?” I looked at him “No she’s not religious, what’s the deal Alex?” Kevin said looking at him.

“Just making conversation, jeez! She said she didn’t drink I was just asking why” Alex cut back “Because she’s fucking 18 that’s why” Kevin growled and they practically all looked at us. Right there and then I just wanted to die, “What? Hayley’s 18?” Jeremy asked and Kevin nodded “But you’re…” “26, yeah I know. We never really knew how old each other was,” he reasoned and they all looked at him.

“What’s with the faces?” Neil questioned as he sat down passing drinks around the table “Erm Kevin just said Hayley’s only 18” “Yeah because that’s right, he’s 26 the fucking idiot! He’s messing around, if he was dating an 18 year old that’d make him a right creeper,” Neil laughed and Kevin glared at him. Neil was laughing but none of the others were “You got a fucking problem Westfall?” Kevin snapped at him and he looked up meeting Kevin’s gaze.

“Yeah you being such a grumpy git, you tell a joke and I laugh and you get down on me for it” “Yeah because it wasn’t a fucking joke. Hayley really is 18 you douche! I’m not messing around and I’m not a fucking creeper but thanks for the vote of confidence, I’m glad you can be mature enough to deal with it” he growled at him and Neil’s eyes widened. “But…” “But what?” Kevin snapped tightening his grip on my hand.

“But it’s just…weird” “There’s nothing weird about it Neil, I didn’t know she was that age and she didn’t know I was this old. It just happened and then we found out, by then things was already great between us. No I wouldn’t have been up for dating her if I knew straight out but I wasn’t going to screw myself over for the sake of jerks like you acting like this about us” Kevin argued. “Dude come on you have to realise this is what people will say and think?” Neil asked.

“People yeah, my friends no. People can think what they want I don’t care, I’m not ashamed and neither of us should be made to feel that we need to be ashamed of being together,” Kevin lectured and it fell quiet. “Dude sorry it’s just a shock you know? You don’t even look 18 it’s just…” “Neil just get out my face!” Kevin ordered and he sighed getting up and disappearing followed by Alex.

“Hey Kevin it’s cool man, if you’re happy that’s all that matters. Right?” “Yeah dude, who gives a fuck. It’s your life and you can do whatever you want, as long as everyone’s happy then who cares. It’s cool I guess, I mean you’ve always been young for your age and Hayley seems to be grown up so I guess you meet in the middle” Josh offered and Kevin nodded slowly. “So Hayley how long until you’re 19?” Jeremy said “Oh I erm…” I glanced at Kevin who nodded “I only turned 18 just over a month ago” I admitted and they looked at Kevin “So you’ve been dating nearly 6 months right?” I nodded slowly “So then you were together when…” “Yeah we were together when she was 17, what is this fucking interrogation? Who made you guys the fucking police? I know what I’m doing for fucks sake!” Kevin barked at them and I looked at him.

“So anyway Hayley how’s work?” Josh changed the conversation quickly “What you think I don’t know my own mind? Or is it that I can’t date Hales because she’s not old enough, what the fuck guys!” Kevin ranted and Jeremy shook his head at him “Kevin keep it down, you don’t want the whole bar hearing you!” “Maybe I do, I’m happy!” Kevin growled back and I wanted to die.

“Kevin, temper, control it” Jeremy warned, “You guys need to just stay the fuck out of this! My life, my choices! I made the right choice here and I’m sticking by it, I knew this was a bad idea. Come on Hayley!” Kevin snapped pulling at my hand and I looked at him before getting up. He dragged me through people before hitting outside and I pulled my hand from his and he cursed before looking around at me. “Come on babe lets go home” he stated and I shook my head “I’m going home” I replied turning to walk back to mine that was only at the end of the road.

“Hales I thought you were staying over, come on baby we can watch TV and everything” he said grabbing my hand and I pulled it from him “Kevin I’m going home” “Hayley come on, what’s up?” he asked and I started to walk. I heard him follow me “I swear to god Kevin if you follow me home I’ll never talk to you again!” I snapped at him “Hayley what the…” “Just go home now!” I growled at him.

“Hales, babe what’s up?” he questioned and I looked to see him totally confused with why exactly I was angry “What’s up? Kevin you just acted like a total jackass! You shouted at your best friends, you practically told the whole bar I’m only 18, you bit everyone’s head off about us,” I argued at him. “Baby I was sticking up for myself and for us! I was sticking up for you!” he replied and I shook my head “No you were making me feel like shit! You know when you say you’re cool about something and then you act like that? Makes it obvious you’re not cool about it! Just leave me alone” I snapped walking away from him.

I got home getting changed into my pajamas and going to the lounge, I saw a couple of guys sat watching TV and I smiled at them “Hayley” one of them said and I nodded looking at him. “I thought you were going out?” he asked and I nodded sitting down next to him, “You don’t normally come home alone, is Kevin coming?” he questioned in Spanish and I shook my head.

“Oh, are you not going to bed?” he carried on in Spanish and I shook my head at him “Nope, not tired. I thought I might watch some TV, you don’t mind do you?” I replied and he smiled “No” he said and we sat talking away. I like living with these guys because they were all so nice, we had this agreement where I helped them with their English and they helped me with improving my Spanish and I’d gotten a lot better.

I heard my phone in my room but I ignored it “Hayley that’s your phone” one of them stated and I nodded “I know, ignore it” I smiled at him and he nodded carrying on what he’d been doing. They all slowly disappeared to bed and I headed to my room to find countless calls and message from Kevin. ‘Babe I’m sorry. Did you get home okay? Hales please don’t be mad at me! I wasn’t trying to make you feel that way, I’ve had the shittest day ever and I let it all get to me. I’m sorry! I love you xxxxxx’ he texted me along with others but I ignored him.