We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

I'll Stand Here, Forever Now

3 days later and I heard my phone “Hayley some guy just said there’s someone outside your building to see you, apparently he’s so hot all the girls outside are fighting over who should get him. I’d hurry up before they steal him” I heard Kevin joking and I laughed “Well they can have him, he ain’t all that” I teased as I ran down the stairs and he laughed as I opened the door jumping on him. He laughed against my neck and I smiled kissing his shoulder “I like this, how are you?” I nodded and he laughed again.

“Hayley baby, not that I’m complaining, but you know you didn’t do anything wrong so you don’t have to make anything up to me. I did the wrong and well I hope I’m making it up to you” he said and I nodded and he laughed, “So at the risk of ruining it, what’s brought on this happiness to see me suddenly? Is it because you’ve realised I’m fucking sexy?” he asked and I smiled as I let him go walking with him down the road.

“Maybe” I said and he laughed kissing my cheek “Where we going?” I asked, “Park for lunch and then I’ve got an appointment” he replied and I looked at him “My arm,” he added and I nodded. We were laid under a tree in the park talking about what he’d been doing at the studio’s when he looked at my neck “Hey you have your locket on” he stated and I nodded, he rolled onto his stomach next to me opening it “That’s your mom right?” I nodded smiling and he leant down kissing me.

“So are we cool now after our little fall out?” he said as my fingers traced along the back of his ear “Yeah so stop trying to make me forgive you already” I smiled at him and he kissed me again, “I’m not!” “Yeah because you cook my dinner every night and buy me breakfast, oh and come around at lunch and want to buy me that as well” I replied and he laughed. “I’m just being nice” “No you’re just trying to make me not hate you” I cut back and he nodded.

His fingers moved my hair and caught the shoulder of my top “Where’s that from? You hurt yourself?” he asked and I looked at it before shaking my head “You did that” “No I didn’t,” he argued and I nodded. “You did that the night I came over yours, you know when we talked. You bit me” I replied and he shook his head. “Yes you did! Before Neil came over” I said and he grinned at me “Okay so maybe I did but in my defence I’d not seen you or spoken to you for a couple days” “Oh well that makes it all okay then” I joked and he smiled.

“Well next time I’ll make up for it” he mumbled kissing my neck and I laughed “I dislike the arguing but the bit afterwards I do like” he admitted quietly “Kevin Skaff how old are you again?” a voice asked and I looked around to see Jeremy “Making out in the park, you’re such a smooth criminal” he joked and Kevin laughed. “So I take it you’ve reconciled your differences, nice to see. Hayley let me apologize on behalf of us all and from now on if any comments are made ignore them because we most likely don’t mean them to offend” Jeremy offered and I sat up nodding.

“Thanks” I replied and he nodded “Anyway I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone, nice seeing you!” he called walking off smiling, we got to the tattoo place and he was busy talking to the guy explaining what he wanted before they started and I sat watching him, I heard the door and Kevin’s eyes widened before looking at me. “Kevin! So this is where you’re ditching work to be, I thought you were at the studio?” “Nope, I thought you were away?” Kevin replied looking at me as Tom walked into view.

“Yeah but Betty got ill so I came back” he answered “Oh Hayley hi” he smiled at me “Hey” I said feeling strange. “Is she okay dude?” “Yeah, just a stomach bug. She’ll be fine,” he stated “So what you doing here?” “Came to see if they were busy” Tom said, “Well I can do yours after if you want to wait?” the guy offered and he nodded. I saw Kevin look at me and I nodded slowly “So Hayley, where do you work?” “Oh erm for Mico on the…” “Oh Mico’s place, yeah I know where. He’s a nice guy, so you 2 met on the street because he can’t look where he’s going. You could do better” Tom joked and I smiled as Kevin glared at him.

“So can your wife but she’s still with you” “Yeah well this one can get out whilst she still can, mines made her bed and she’s got to lie in it” Tom laughed and we all started talking. “I’ll see you Tom!” Kevin called as we left “Yeah! Nice talking to you Hayley, see you again soon I hope” he replied and I smiled “Yeah you too” I admitted as Kevin took my hand in his own leaving the shop.

“So that was…strange” he admitted and I laughed nodding “He’s nice, I mean the situation is completely strange but I like him” “Well that’s positive, so any clues on what you’re going to do?” he asked. I shrugged “It’s a weird but I guess I have to take it as it comes and when I’m ready I’ll say something. I kind of want to know everything before I say anything” “Take it as it comes? Oh you have definitely been talking to Tom for too long! That’s the only advice he ever gives out,” he laughed kissing the side of my head.

My phone vibrated while I was at work and I turned it off throwing it in the drawer, “Hayley if I give you an extra 15 minutes lunch can you go get us some things from the shops please?” Mico asked and I nodded as he handed me the list. I was in the queue in the shop when I heard someone say my name. “I’ve not seen you in awhile, how are you?” “Oh hey Max, I’m good thanks you?” I replied and he smiled nodding.

“What you doing?” “Oh picking some stuff up for work on my lunch break” I said, “Have you been for lunch yet?” I shook my head “Well I’m going after I’ve bought this, I’ll walk with you” he offered and I smiled paying and waiting for him. We ordered sitting down waiting for our food talking, we were eating when I saw Alex stood at the counter with someone.

“Hey Hayley!” he shouted over and I waved at him “You okay?” “Yeah thanks you?” “Yeah not bad, see you around!” he called as they walked out “Who’s that?” Max asked “Oh a friend” I smiled at him and he nodded. We left walking back when I heard my name and I saw Kevin walking towards us from across the road, I stopped walking as he ran across the road in front of a car.

“I’ve been ringing you! Your phones off” he snapped and I realised I’d left it at work “Sorry I left it at work” “I think we’ve met before, I’m Kevin; Hayley’s boyfriend” Kevin cut me off holding his hand out at Max. “Oh right, I’m Max. I’m Hayley’s friend I guess; anyway I should get back to work. I’ll see you soon Hayley, nice meeting you” he said looking at Kevin who nodded “Yeah bye!” he replied, “Yeah okay, bye Max” I smiled as he walked off.

“Nice manners Skaff” I snapped at him and he looked at me “Nice friend Brennan, why are you ignoring me?” he cut back “I wasn’t I was working, I turned it off and forgot to pick it up when I left for lunch, sorry” I stated “You’re too busy for me but not too busy to get lunch with Max” he snapped saying his name in a funny voice. “No it wasn’t…how did you know I got lunch with him?” “Because Alex just told me he saw you when I saw him” he answered.

“Oh right, well I normally see Max there anyway but I had to go out for these for Mico and I walked into him at the shop” I recalled and he nodded “Anyway what did you want?” I asked as I started to walk and he fell into step with me. “My parents are coming down to see me so I thought I’d give you a heads up” “Oh cool, when?” I said, “They get here tomorrow lunch and they’re here a couple days, I don’t think they really know when they’re going” “Okay, so you going to come over tonight and I’ll see you whenever they go?” I replied.

“No, I want you to meet them I just thought I’d warn you they’ll be here. But tonight is a date, I’ll come by yours and I’ll bring us dinner; don’t invite your new boyfriend” he stated as we reached work and I rolled my eyes “Okay but only if you don’t try to be funny” I smiled kissing him before going back inside.