Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

New Boss

The sun shined brightly as it crawled into the room where the young doctor was staying in, as it slowly peeked on the covers and directly in Dasha's face she groaned. She flipped over as she buried herself in the covers mumbling something under her breath about being too early to be woken up. As she took a deep breath something seem off.

The smell of the covers were different.

The whole texture of the blankets was different.

Her eyes shot open as she was met with a white room that surrounded her, she sat up as she looked around "Where am I?" she murmured.

"Good morning, Ms. Swan."

Dasha jumped up in shock as she spun around asking who it was; where was that voice coming from. It sounded a bit electronic and the British accent was more than evident in the man's voice. "Mr. Stark wanted me to inform you that he wanted to have a discussion with you before your leave."

She pursed her lips as she looked up at whatever or whoever that person was as the curtains opened as it revealed the shoreline of Malibu. The woman stared in awe at the pure beauty of this location ignoring the man that was telling her about the weather and all that other crap she really didn't care about.

"Uh, excuse me?" she questioned with a slight nervousness in her voice.

"Yes, Ms. Swan?"

Dasha licked her lips as she fidgeted feeling like the person was looking at her with the dress that she had on since last night. Her head was still pounding from all the drinks that she had, "Do you know where the front door is?"

"I'm sorry but Mr. Stark wanted to speak with you about urgent matters."

"What's the urgency?"

"From what he has informed me, he said that he rather talked to you about it and if I remember correctly he said if you think about walking out of the front door be sure to kiss that donation to the hospital goodbye, end of quote."

Dasha's jaw tightened as she glared at the window as the sun shone brightly on her; she wished that she could sneak off but what about the donation? She couldn't do that to the hospital. Sighing, she left the room barefoot as she started to brush her hair with her fingers getting all the tangles it was in. She winced when a huge dangle was in her bird nest of a head.

"I see that you finally woken up." her brown eyes glanced to the side to see Pepper fixing herself a cup of coffee. The blue eyed woman served a glass of water as she grabbed a bottle of aspirin giving them to the poor woman that looked like a mess.

"Thank you." she muttered, popping the two pills into her mouth before sipping the glass of water.

"How was your night?" Pepper asked as she leaned on the counter wondering what the brunette handled Tony last night. When she saw that the woman rolled her eyes as she took another sip of her water it was a clear indication that something happened.

When Dasha cleared her throat she licked her lips before she spoke up, "I don't really remember all that much except for the pompous assholes that were around us the whole time."

The strawberry blond nodded her head before she told her that it was normal that everyone in that party thought she was some typical diva that just wanted to have their fifteen minutes of fame. "That makes me feel so much better" she muttered as she finished her glass of water.

"Sorry to interrupt but Mr. Stark wants to see you Ms. Swan."

Dasha jumped as she looked around again muttering what the hell was that. Pepper just laughed explaining who or more like what Jarvis was. She nodded her head before she walked towards the living room before she bounded down the stairs where Tony was. She took a deep breath as the rock music blared through the glass door.

When the older man glanced up to see Dasha standing there with her arms crossed he jogged over and unlocked the door for her with a smirk on his face. "Good mornin' sunshine." he puckered his lips for her to kiss, leaning in for her to kiss him.

She rolled her light brown eyes as she put her hand on his lips, pushing him back before walking into the room asking what he wanted. Tony looked back with a feign look of hurt on his face, "I thought you would treat me better than this? After all, I did make sure that you didn't drive home with all that alcohol in your system. Didn't want you waking up in a stranger's bed."

Dasha narrowed her eyes, "I did."

Tony walked closer to her as he wrapped an arm around her, "We aren't strangers."

She leaned back, escaping his grasp "From what I understand, yes we are" she switched her footing before she looked back at the idiotic man that was standing before her "Did you want to tell me something? I need to go home and change before my shift."

"Can't you skip work today? We can hang out and cuddle all day long." he laughed when he saw the look of disgust on Dasha's face "Too much?"

"Too much." she confirmed "Well if that is all that you wanted to say then I shall take my leave." backing away from the billionaire. Tony followed her which irritated her to no end and when she asked him what he was doing he simply said "We are going to the same place. Why not ride together?"

"You are not going to my house."

"Who says we are going to your house?" Tony questioned as he opened the door for her to slip on by.

Dasha walked out as she walked up the steps with Tony right behind her, it felt weird to have such a formal dress on during the day while Tony was wearing something simple. "I can't go to work like this." she replied as she stepped on the final step before walking down the hall.

"Then call Jak to pick up some clothes for ya. Don't you have work in less than an hour?" he asked.

It didn't click with her until she glanced at the clock to see that indeed that she had less than an hour to get to the hospital. It would take her two hours just to get to work with her getting home and then getting ready. It would take too long. Sighing, she caved as she fished out her phone from her clutch that she had in her hands calling her friend.

As she stepped out of the house with Tony who was ready within minutes which was a record from what she has heard. Someone of a husky figure was standing near a car as he tipped his hat towards the younger woman, "Good morning, Ms. Swan."

"How do yo-" she paused before she shook her head knowing that everyone around here probably knew her name "Good morning to you too…" she trailed off not really knowing if she should remember his name. His face wasn't recognizable in her memory before he introduced himself, "Just call me Happy, miss."

"Please refrain from calling me, miss or ma'am; makes me sound old." she offered him a smile as he nodded his head and opened the door for her.

Tony pouted seeing the interaction between his driver and Dasha, "How comes he gets to be treated nicely?"

She glared back at the man "Because he is the first man that looked at me without undressing me with their eyes." before she climbed into the car as Happy just chuckled before he pointed at her "I like her."

"Shut up." Tony replied as he climbed in the back alongside with Dasha.

Throughout the whole ride Tony was trying to start a conversation with Dasha as much as he could so he got to the point where he started to rile her up. It was the only form of entertainment that he had and as Happy pulled up to the hospital a slap was echoed throughout the car as Dasha opened the car door and stormed into the hospital building.

Tony trailed behind her nursing his tender red cheek, "Now why did you do that for?"

"You were being a jerk." she grumbled.

"I just touched you." making no big deal out of what he just did.

Dasha immediately looked back at him with a murderous glare, "You were trying to grope my inner thigh."

As Tony and Dasha walked out of the elevator, they reached their floor a lot of the doctors looked at Dasha with a strange look wondering why she was so dressed up. She ignored their stares and murmurs as she walked to her office seeing that Jak was there with a duffel bag. The blue eyed man gave it to her with a smirk on his face, "Did you enjoy yourself last night?"

He backed up when he saw the same look she was giving to Tony, directed at him. Jak shrunk back as she walked out of the office to a nearby bathroom so she could change. The man stood there with a blank stare before he looked at Tony "What did you do?"

With the help of Jak, Tony was able to find Dr. Cooper's office as he sat down to discuss the donation that he was going to give to the hospital. Out of all the qualities that he had, being a man of his word was something that he always stood by. He hated flakes and he never was one when he made promises or he at least tried not to.

As this was going on Dasha sighed in relief as she that that she was changed in her slacks and nice blouse for the day. It was nice to have such nice clothes that soothed her instead of a dress and heels and her feet thanked her when she slipped on the flats that Jak brought with him.

Grabbing her white coat she pulled it on as she went on her daily rounds; she smiled when she saw the kids with their new toys that they received on Christmas day. It was nothing short of a miracle, but the person behind it made her frown slightly at the memory.

"Are you going to be doing anything for Christmas?" Jak asked Dasha as he sat in his seat waiting for her to reply.

The poor woman sighed as she rubbed her tired eyes, leaning back on her chair as she licked her lips. "I finally finished shopping for everyone. I don't know if I will be able to celebrate it with my family. I have to stay here for the holidays."

Jak furrowed his brows in worry, "This isn't fair, Ash. You should be able to get some time off so you can relax. Dr. Cooper has been working you like a dog."

Dasha convinced Jak to go home for the holidays, but he didn't go without a fight. He embraced the young woman tightly as he murmured on her shirt "If you need anything just call and I will drive down here."

Jak was a native of San Diego so it would take him some time to get to the city since he might hit traffic with his pleas to Dasha for him to stay with her so she wouldn't be alone. Her worry was that the kids wouldn't get anything for Christmas. She has tried to raise money for the kids but she came up way too short to do anything special for them.

The parents of the patients were too tight on money to be spending money on their child because of the medical bill that they receive monthly. It broke her heart that each one of those kids wouldn't get anything for Christmas. There was only a few days before the big holiday and she was trying to figure something out for the kids to no avail.

This happened for the next few days before the day before she was dead on her feet as she laid her head down on her head. She just got back from giving her gifts to her family and that took a lot out of her since Willow wanted to see what her aunt got her for Christmas. The poor girl was sad that she wouldn't be able to spend Christmas with her aunt but she understood somewhat.

Her aunt was a superhero and superheroes never took breaks.

Dasha finally went to sleep letting some of her tiredness take control of her body; when she woke up there were a few doctors around her shaking her awake. She groaned, opening her eyes "What?"

"You come with us." one of them said. She saw that it was April one of the women that was in the same unit as she was. Getting up, she curiously walked down the hall where all the kids were and there were tons of presents everywhere for each kid.

Dasha gasped as the kids' faces were joyous as they ripped open their present, "Who did this? We can't afford all this." she hissed lowly as she stared at her coworkers. Then one of the kids, rose up to their feet as they walked to Dasha…it was Scott.

"This one is for you." he muttered handing her the envelope.

As she opened it up it explained how all the presents were there and found out the struggle that she had to gather money for the kids for Christmas. Then signed at the bottom was the name that she hated so much in this world.

Tony Stark

Now that she thought about it she had to thank him; it has been days since he has done it and even when she went to that party with him she didn't even thank him. It was the sweetest thing someone has ever done for the kids but she would never vocalize her thoughts out loud; it was just blasphemy to even think about something like that.

Tony Stark…was considerate?

Dasha would have laughed in the face of the person that told her that, but when she saw that it was in his capable hands he wasn't as bad she guessed. That thought was quickly dispersed as she bumped into Tony who had that same grin that he had on his face when he saw her. It was so much easier to revert back to what she thought of him when she looked at him, within seconds. That was a new record.

"What you do want now?"

Tony shoved his hands in his pockets, "Still going to act rude to the person that just donated a large sum of money to the hospital? It would just be plain rude for you to talk to your boss like that." Dasha froze as he started to walk away from her.

She spun around with fear crawling up her spine, "Wait. What?"

Tony turned around taking off his shades, "Yeah. Me and Cooper went over the business deal and since I have donated so much and have a whole wing to myself I thought it would be nice if I took some part in this medical field. Like you said before, nothing is more satisfying than saving lives."

"But…you…you are the opposite of that! You don't save lives! You don't-" she fumbled with her words as he laughed before putting back his shades over his eyes.

"Oh yeah before I forget I am going to be gone for about a month-"

"Why are you telling me?"

"Because I don't want you to have a mental breakdown wondering where you're wonderful, incredible, sexy boss was."

Dasha scoffed, "You wish."

Tony walked up to her as she turned away as he kissed her cheek swiftly before he bolted out of the door walking with speed. Her blood boiled when she felt his lips touch her cheek as he muttered, "That is mine and now I am set to go."

She bit her lip in frustration when she saw some of her coworkers look at her with wonder; great. Now they think that she has something going on with Tony. Something to destroy her reputation at this hospital; maybe she should switched hospitals…no that wouldn't do. What about Scott and Jak? She couldn't just leave them.

Dasha just sighed as she stuffed her hands in her pockets as she walked down the hall ignoring the stares that were going to be following her from then on out. In her mind, she knew that she was going to be known as Tony's whore from the simple display of affection that Tony gave to her and she hated the man that much more.

Balling her fists tightly with a locked jaw she thought he is so going to get it when he got back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh how the tides are not in Dasha's favor...so bad for her, but entertaining to us, no? The only reason why I am updating this story because it was already written and all I had to do was copy and paste. I have the serious flu right now so any other stories that you want me to update have to be put on hold until I feel up to it.

P.S. I have received a message about the holiday mix up. I am aware of it. I wrote this a year ago and the New Years chapter was requested by my older readers during that time and then they wanted a Christmas one so that is why they are mixed up.

I would like to thank BlueDreams, JustThinking, and punkrockerballerina for your lovely comments. They mean a lot to me and if I miss anyone so sorry I thank you as well along with my silent readers.