Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

I Missed You

As the hospital kept working twenty-four hours a day so was Dasha she hasn't been getting the best of sleep because of the shifts that she has been taking but now she had something to look forward to. Since the jackass billionaire was now her boss and everyone else in this building, Tony was providing a new wing for this hospital which means hiring new doctors which meant she would have her regular hours again.

The doctor's body could take a sigh of relief when she heard the news from Dr. Cooper and Dr. Mason who both seem a bit happier now because of the new project. It was going to take some time but it has already started to process already, seeing the construction workers already building the new wing was already bringing a smile to her face.

Throwing her hair up into a loose bun she flicked her light brown hair bangs out of her face as she continued to walk down the corridor. It has been a month or so since Tony has left and she quite frankly loves the time that she has to herself.

There is no one following her, bugging her, or even calling her 'sunshine' which she so desperately hates the nickname itself. From balancing her job and avoiding Tony as much as she can she could honestly feel her hair falling out in clumps.

As she walked into Scott's room she gave him a small smile as she did her usual routine, "How are you feeling today?"

The pale boy just stared at her with cautious eyes; he didn't say a word as she unplugged his IV and replaced the old bag with a new one. Dasha checked all his vitals before she asked if he felt any discomfort while she was gone. Scott shook his head once before he scooted back, even though she has been his doctor for more than six months he still hasn't warmed up to her quite yet.

"Alright then." she murmured as she scribbled down on his chart before placing it back at the edge of the bed "If you need anything just press the button by your beside" giving him another friendly smile before walking out of there.

It was like phase one all over again once he started to warm up to her it was like he reminded himself not to get close to anyone and shut himself down. It was tiring to get him to open up and Dasha has felt some sort of attachment to the twelve year old boy.

She shouldn't but she does.

As she went down the hall her ears perked up when a beeping sound echoed down the hall she scurried to see what was happening. Before she knew it she paused on the spot as she saw one of her coworkers give a grim expression "TOD?"

One of the doctors she recognized as Amy looked at her watch, "4:15 pm."

She watched as they covered the little girl's body as they started to unplug everything and putting things away. It was one of the most heart wrenching things to see; she could feel herself getting teary eyed before she felt a warm hand on her shoulder.

Wiping her eyes she spun around to see Jak, with an eye roll she stormed off without her best friend saying anything. "Dasha! Wait!"

The blue eyed nurse frantically chased her down before he grabbed her by the shoulders, "What have I done wrong to make you so upset with me?"

The brown eyed woman narrowed her eyes at her friend, "If you talk about Tony one more time-"

"But it's important." he whined.

Dasha scoffed as Jak pleaded with her, ever since Tony has left the country which is was thankful for, Jak has been talking nonstop about Tony. It was like Tony asked Jak to annoy her with his consistent sharing of info about the man that she rather not be around. She rather gouge her eyes out than see him again.

"I rather not hear what you have to say about him." she grumbled, stomping off.

Jak sighed in aggravation at the hard head of this woman as he chased after her again. "Ash listen okay, something has happened to Tony-"

"Who cares."

"If you watched the news you would have known." he clued in.

"If he fell off the face of the Earth I still would not care Jak." Dasha turned around as she looked at the blue eyed man square in the eye "So please for the love of God Almighty can you just stop talking about him." she spat the last word.

Her glaring eyes and slightly red beet face that peeked out of her mocha skin was evident that she rather not hear anything that involves Tony Stark, but Jak had a feeling that Dasha would want to know about this. As he fidgeted on his feet, he mumbled something under his breath.

The doctor furrowed her brows in confusion, "What did you say?"

Dasha didn't understand a word that he had murmured under his breath, as he inhaled through his nose he licked his lips before he asked, "What if Tony did fall off the face of the Earth?"

The woman's face was still blank as it not completely registered what he was saying to her, did he just say that what if Tony fell of the face of the Earth? What the hell does that mean? "Are you tiring to say something Jak because I don't get your whole behind the meaning thing that you are aiming for?"

Jak slumped his shoulders, "Tony disappeared."

"Tony disappeared?" she echoed.

He nodded as he shoved his hands in his pockets, "There was an attack while he was in Afghanistan in the vehicle he was in and well…they haven't found him. They think he has gone missing or possibly kidnapped no one knows the exact details as of now."

Jak kept staring at his best friend to see if he would get an initial reaction out of her that someone that she was used to seeing was now gone, disappeared and no one knows where he was. It already made the man nervous about the playboy billionaire but he didn't know what Dasha would make of it.

Would she cry?

Laugh?

Smile?

No, Dasha wasn't that cruel. Even if she disliked Tony she would never wish a death upon anyone, he thought that maybe she would cry or share her worry or even just give some type of emotion. Dasha only just nodded as her response was an, "Oh." then she walked off continuing to where she was headed in the first place.

Jak just stood there in shock, "Oh? All he gets is a fucking oh?" he ran his fingers through his hair as he muttered curses under his breath "How mean."

_ _ _

Tony gazed into the roaring fire as he lightly touched the contraption that was keeping him alive at the moment. How did he end up like this? He made the perfect weapon and yet it was all going to go to waste since it was going to be used against him.

He made sure that the car battery was near him at all times as he clutched onto the thin blanket tightly thinking about all the people that he truly misses. Pepper would be one of them, sure she was a pain sometimes and on his ass all the time but she means well. She only wants him to be courteous and show up when he was supposed to.

She was like the sister he never had and glad that he was an only child, he could picture her worrying over him after his disappearance. The only woman that probably is genuinely worried about him at this moment and time.

Then there was Happy, one of his close friends and always did what he was told which he loved; also made an good sparring partner even if he made him laugh at his skills than help him improve. Rhodey, times like this he wished he was in the same vehicle as him instead of being in the same car than random soldiers all around him who were shot and killed within minutes of the attack.

Speaking of brown people…Dasha flashed through his mind as he remembered the last thing that he said to her. As much as he hated to admit it he had a certain soft spot for her after seeing how passionate she was about her job; it was rare to see these days for people to actually love their job.

Tony can see it in her eyes when she works with her patients and even though she never thanked him for the gifts he bought for all the kids he knew that she was thankful. It all was shown in her eyes that were the only way he could see through her. Usually, she is hardened up when he is around her but it was too damn fun messing around with her than just being nice to her.

Dasha had a temper that he loved to poke at even if he is going to get burned a few times because of it. One being kicked in the groin; he could still remember that pain and never knew that a doctor of her caliber actually had strength behind her kicks.

He should have known better since when he looked her up all those months ago he saw that she was a black belt in taekwondo. Tony's eyes soften just thinking about his little sunshine. Who was going to bug her if he didn't make it? Who was going to help with the funding of the hospital that he left behind and hopefully it was being taken care of?

From that little burst of energy, he grabbed his car battery and stood up Dr. Yinsen wondered what has gotten into him. Tony had motivation and he was determined to see Dasha again because who can do a better job at pushing her over the edge than Tony Stark himself?

_ _ _

"What?" Dasha hissed as she read the email that she received from Obadiah himself. What nerve of him to do such a thing?

When she got an email she thought it would concern Tony or something for that matter but no, it was about the hospital. Now she was on her way towards Obadiah in her car, top speed read to give him a piece of his mind wondering how in the hell he would do this to the hospital.

Slamming the car door she stormed toward Stark Enterprises as she opened the door asking where Obadiah resided. The secretary looked up with a bored expression, "Sorry mam but he isn't taking anyone at this moment."

Dasha narrowed her eyes, "I don't care if he isn't taking anyone at this moment. This is urgent and I demand to speak to him before I rip all of those pretty little fake extensions that you call hair out of your head."

The blond looked at the woman in shock, "How-" she paused before she pursed her lips as she rolled her eyes as she dialed a number before she muttered, "He will be right with you."

"Thank you. You are much too kind." Dasha said sweetly before she walked over and took a seat waiting for this Obadiah man to meet up with her. She tapped her foot on the tile floor making her heel click every time she made contact with the ground. She smirked when she saw the secretary flinch every time she made noise from her corner.

Just when she was about to crack… "Ah so you must be Ms. Dasha Swan. So nice to finally meet you" Dasha looked up to see a tall white bearded man walking towards her with a friendly smile. There was something about him that didn't rub her the right way, pursing her lips as she stood up.

"What is it that you wanted to discuss?" leading her out of the entry way and into one of the offices around the floor.

"I wanted to discuss the financial cut of my hospital Mr. Obadiah."

The older man laughed as he shook his head, "I hope you understand that with the financial struggle that this company is having at this moment I had to take cautious measures and cut any budget that would have damaged the company."

"From what I understand Mr. Obadiah is that Tony Stark is in charge of this whole company so what gave you the right to cut expenses of the hospital. We need those donations." it frustrated her that the man before her acted like he was making all of the final decisions.

"For you information Ms. Swan, Tony personally asked me to cut the funds he had with the hospital before he left to Afghanistan so yes I do have the power to cut the funds myself."

"Bullshit. He would never-" she paused honestly hurt that Tony would go back on his word.

"I'm truly sorry about the promise that he made to you Ms. Swan, but it had to be done. For the company's future is at stake with Mr. Stark gone we need all the money we can get." lightly touching her shoulder as if he was to console her.

Dasha pursed her lips as her anger started to boil and when she was about to explode she heard the man tell her to get out of the building or he was going to have someone escort her out. Huffing, she stormed out of the office completely pissed off that Tony would make such a call before he left. Did he think she was going to cool off by the time he was going to get back?

Dasha was so focused on what Tony might have done instead of thinking of what Obadiah said didn't make any sense at all. The company was in good shape and giving those funds to the hospital was child's play compared to the deals that Tony had made every day, but Dasha doesn't know that and it didn't come to mind as she drove back to the hospital where she was going to take a long nap to gather her thoughts.

"Dasha…Dasha…Dasha." Jak called out softly as they sat right across from each other eating their lunch.

Dasha has been giving the silent treatment to everyone in the hospital except for her patients since the day she found out the funds that Tony was giving out to the hospital now cease to exist. It hurt her more than anything that he would go back on his word; she should have known that Tony was a low down good for nothing piece of shit that would take advantage of her.

She stabbed the salad that was in her bowl before she threw it in her mouth as she munched on it, "Dasha." her brown eyes peered up at Jak with disinterest before she continuing stabbing her meal "Dasha, you can't just keep up with the silent treatment waiting for Tony to get back."

"He has to come back." she snapped. Jak was astounded that she spoke for the first time to him in a month. Maybe she does have feelings for him, he thought "So I can kick his ass to a fucking pulp." she muttered darkly. Or not.

Throughout this whole time she has been planning what she was going to do with Tony when he arrived back in America. She was going to track him down and beat him up, it didn't matter if he was hurt or traumatized by whatever he saw because he was going down when her eyes finally sees him in the flesh. After finishing their meal, she threw her trash away before going up the elevator with Jak to their floor.

Leaning on the wall she closed her eyes for a second, "Are you okay Dasha? You seem a bit more tired than before."

She only hummed as she ignored the comments that Jak was making about the dark circles around her eyes and how she dragged her feet in certain moments. When that elevator dinged she opened her eyes as she walked down the hall, "Why don't you get some rest? I will look after your kids."

"But you aren't-"

"No, Ash. They are all stable so if I need help I will come wake you up okay?"

Dasha was weak to fight back at the moment, sighing in defeat she nodded her head as she turned the corner instead of going straight like Jak where her patients were. She kept walking thinking of what could possibly happen while she was sleeping, one of them could die…Jak wouldn't let that happen; the woman needed to stop thinking about work all the time and get some rest.

As she finally was about to arrive at her door she saw something, she blinked thinking it was all just a dream. "Please tell me that I am imagining things." she muttered as she saw Tony sitting on the floor in his normal suit attire eating a burger with one hand while his other arm was in a sling.

The brown eyed man glanced at his watch before he peered up to see the woman he was waiting for, "Da-uh" he happily said with a mouth filled with hamburger meat and bread.

Dasha rubbed her temples, "What the hell are you doing here?" her temper that settled down during the elevator ride was up now flaring again.

Tony stuff the burger in his mouth before using the only arm that worked to prop himself to standing up before taking the burger back in his hand again. "I was waiting for you silly."

Dasha grinded her teeth, "I thought you disappeared off the face of the Earth?"

He licked his lips before he responded, "I did but I was rescued soooo….here I am. Since I'm here can you give me a checkup so I know that I am not internally bleeding as we speak?"

"I wouldn't be that lucky." she muttered under her breath before she spoke up to Tony "Didn't they have medical attention there when you arrived?"

Tony shrugged, "Didn't feel like having them fondle me to make sure that I am okay. I rather have you do it." he wiggled his eyebrows as she scoffed. Did God want to test her patience? In all honesty, she wanted to bash his face in right at this moment.

"Go to someone who actually cares about you, I'm going to bed." she turned around twisting the knob to open her door. Tony immediately followed behind her and closed the door "Now where did all this hostility come from? I know that you dislike me, hey don't give me that look. I thought we left off in good terms?"

Dasha pursed her lips as she sat down on her chair, "I don't know maybe it's because you broke your promise and stop funding the hospital right after you left. Does that ring any bells?" she crossed her arms waiting for some type of pathetic excuse to come out of his mouth.

The utter confusion that was written on his face was something she wasn't expecting, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play stupid with me Tony! Obadiah told me himself that you gave him the green light to stop donating money to this hospital once you were out of the country."

"I never said that." he told her "Honest…I would never do that to you or to this hospital. I may be a jerk most of the time but I am a man of my word."

The anger that was still inside of Dasha was quickly defusing when she saw the true honesty shining in his eyes, "Fuck." she whispered. She felt like an idiot for not trusting him but then again it was Tony they were talking about.

"So," her eyes were switched back to him "Care to have a look at me now?"

Dasha stayed in silence as she caved in and took him to take a seat, she gathered all the equipment that she needed for a checkup before doing her regular procedure. As she started to make sure that he was fine, she started to wonder where he was all this time. Was he captured like Jak said or did he get lost and wandered around until they found him. Either way, it sounded dangerous so she checked his vital organs were intact before anything else.

"You know, when I was in the cave not knowing if I was going to make it. Do you know the first thing that crossed my mind?" he asked as she checked his breathing.

"Whores?" she guessed still focused on her task.

Tony rolled his eyes before he answered, "No…you." he could feel her pause for a few seconds before she continued on "Thinking of you gave me the motivation to get the hell out of there so I can see you again."

Dasha scoffed as she felt her heart beat a bit fast. "What you don't believe me?"

The woman gave him a look, "You only thought of me because you couldn't bear not being around to bug me all the damn time."

Tony laughed, "That's part of it but I honestly did miss you." he muttered and grabbed her hand when she stood in front of him. Her golden brown eyes flickered up to meet his as he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, "I'm glad I get to see your face again."

She honestly didn't know what to say about that, flustered, she turned around "Um, we need to do a few tests to make sure that your organs are still intact" when they went into another room to do the other tests Dasha didn't know what to think about what he said in her office. He only did that to throw her off, Tony only wants to make her flustered and he did a fantastic job at doing that.

"Take off your shirt."

Tony raised a brow, "So blunt. I like that, want me to take off the rest of my clothes too?"

Oh how I missed you, she thought bitterly.

"No-" she paused as she stared at the thing in the center of his chest. Tony just grinned as his cocky voice snapped her out of it, "Am I that sexy to look at?"

She rolled her eyes, "I am not looking at your body, idiot…what is that thing on your chest?" she pointed a slim finger at it. It showed some type of light coming off of it and to her it looked painful but she listened to him as he told her what happened and why he had that contraption on his chest that he called an arc reactor.

Dasha nodded, "Well that you can deal with on your own. I don't know anything about that." her soft side was showing as Tony disagreed that she was a doctor and was supposed to know how to handle something like this.

"No, I have no idea what that is! I have never dealt with anything like that before." she retorted back.

"What if I gave you a job?" he changed the subject in a matter of seconds.

The brunette narrowed her eyes, "I already have a job."

"Yes, but you will be working with me and get better pay too." Dasha crossed her arms.

"I am not interested in being your personal doctor at your beck and call."

"Why not? It will be fun." Tony leaned forward. She stepped back as she reminded him that the funding that was cut off at this hospital. He blinked before he bluntly told her that he was already going to take care of it when he spoke to Obadiah again. Tony cared for the wellbeing of these children in this hospital more than he did when he left, that was for sure.

"So will you now?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I am needed here; you can go find another doctor that will take care of you in all the ways you want but I am not going to do that for you."

"Fine. Be stubborn." he rummaged through his pocket as it made crinkle noises which got her attention and when she turned around she gave him a look to see that he unwrapped another burger that was in his pocket and started to munch on it. "I will win you over one way or another." he said with confidence.

"Sure, whatever you say" she mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the long chapter that I promised you with. Hope you like it :D