Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

No Way in Hell

"Have a good day at school today." Dasha said as she was on eye level with her niece who continued to pout when she realized that she was at her aunt's house instead of her mothers. No matter what she did, Willow was being stubborn and didn't want to listen to the brunette today. Luckily, her hair kept intact when she protected her wavy head with a bandana so it remained the same wavy length when she woke up and didn't have to hassle with it. Wearing a formal short sleeve blouse and a knee length pencil skirt and wearing high heels while chasing around a six year old in the morning was not her ideal start of the day.

"Grandpa is going to pick you up today if your mom is still working late, okay?"

"I want mommy. Why can't she just take a day off work?" Willow stomped her foot in frustration. Dasha wasn't going to lash out on a six year old who simply wanted her mother. Her anger was completely understandable since she rarely does see her mother and the last time she actually spent some time with her was around a week ago. Two days ago she briefly saw her daughter and then wandered off disappearing for the rest of the day ranting on about the social event that the older woman was dragged to last night.

"I promise to call your mom to see if you will pick you up? Is that good enough?" Dasha smiled "Now why don't you show me that smile that I know and love?"

Willow was trying her hardest to keep the pout at bay but seeing the edges of her mouth crease upward knowing that what she was attempting was an epic fail as a giggle flew through her lips when her aunt tickled her. The little girl was happy that she had some people who were willing to take care of her when her mother worked late at nights. Embracing her aunt, "Thank you for taking care of me. I love you."

"I love you too kiddo. Go on inside." patting her back as the school bell rang she watched her niece run inside with the other kids. Checking her watch she cursed seeing that she was going to be a little late than usual, sighing she climbed into her car and drove off as quickly as she could without getting a speeding ticket like last time. Being only ten minutes late, she walked into the children's hospital and into her office to grab her coat. Once putting it on, she walked out "Dr. Swan." Dasha looked up seeing her best friend and nurse Jak Hayes, he was in dark blue scrubs as his dark brown hair was spiked and light blue eyes sparkled when he saw his best friend.

"Yes Nurse Hayes." she batted her eyelashes at the older man seeing he was rolling his eyes. She had to try so hard for Jak to maintain a professional atmosphere when they were at work. Dasha felt weird when people called her by her first name unless it was a superior then it was fine but other than that she just felt awkward. Jak was only to call her by her first name when no one was around or out of the hospital but other than that he had to stick with Dr. Swan. "Here are the charts for the patients you checked two days ago and Dr. Cooper assigned you a new patient just last night."

Scanning through the paperwork of all her current patients she saw that no new symptoms have shown up within the last twelve hours she wasn't here. Dasha was going to make a quick run to all her current patients then meet the new one that Dr. Cooper assigned to her. It was annoying when he randomly assign patients to her and when she asked why she was assigned so many patients he would just say that she was one of the best on the team and most of these people need the best of the best. "You know what, why don't you do check-ups on all my patients while I check on my new visitor." changing her mind at the last minute.

Jak nodded before he scurried off with the charts so he can update them if he wanted while she looked down at the paper that held little information about the person. All it says was that it was a little boy that was around eleven years old and he was in foster care. Finally arriving at the room number 203, Dasha walked in with a smile on her face, "Hello, Scott. I'm Doctor Swan, how are you feeling today?" grabbing the clip board that was on the end of the bed ready for her to scan through.

Scott shrugged looking out the window only the heart monitor was beeping; eyebrows scrunched up seeing that his illness was undetermined. That was impossible. Usually these patients already have something diagnosed or one of the doctors have a hunch. Pursing her lips she now knows why Dr. Cooper assigned her Scott, no one can figure out what was wrong with him. Getting things ready for his daily checkup she heard Scott breathing hard, looking up she asked "Are you alright? Scott?"

Scott's dark eyes widened at her in fright as his limbs were shaking and his skin was turning sickly pale. He looked so frightened, like she was some kind of monster. "It's okay. I'm just giving you a che-"

"Stay back! Get away from me!" he screamed. Dasha tried to hold his arms down to get him settle but all he did was wail and fought back against her. Struggling for her to calm him down, "Easy Scott. Easy." she chanted as his violent attacks were being calmed down in one easy swoop to the point where his eyes closed shut as she breathed out. "What the hell was that?" she mumbled. Maybe he had a mental disorder or was traumatized? If so then why didn't the doctors write that down? Maybe it wasn't anything like that, who knows but all she did know was she had to talk to the doctor who gave this evaluation on Scott.

Dasha did talk to Dr. Cooper about Scott's strange behavior and even went to ask if he was just had a phobia of hospitals but he just shook his head discussing the only things he does know were the things that were jotted down on the clipboard. It made her wonder who Scott was but since it was her job to bring comfort and to put him at ease she tried to talk to him so he would trust her enough not to freak out every time he sees her. After all, she is his doctor.

The young woman finally talked about her mystery patient with Jak wondering if he had a great insight on this kid that she didn't. Jak's blue eyes wandered around as he munched on the salad that he bought from the cafeteria, which was the only good thing that no one can mess up. "Sounds like you have a crazy kid on your hands. Maybe he is traumatized by something since he was so freaked out; it's the only thing I can come up with."

Dasha had to agree with him since it was only the first day and she knew she shouldn't be so focused on one kid just because he acted differently from the rest. She had a couple of cases were the kids would freak out just as much as he would but the look in his eyes were different. Just a creepy kind of different, like something horrible has happened to this boy and he was almost in tears when she put her hands on him. Stabbing her salad and eating her leafy entrée she paused when Jak asked, "By the way. How did you calm him down? You didn't have to use sedatives did you?"

The brunette almost choked on her food; patting her chest to clear the airway she swallowed her food successfully before she answered back, "It was the only thing that did work. Nothing I said to the poor boy would get him to calm down." Of course she lied; she didn't use any drugs to put him under to calm him down. She had her own special gifts to do that for her and luckily she had a job that didn't raise any suspicions when it did occur. Some doctors think she just had a knack for calming people down when they do witness her relax someone who was panicking. Something about her nature is calming, others would say.

Cracking her back she yawned when she reached her office to see that she had two missed calls, one from her father and one from her brother Elwin. Her face scrunched up when she read Elwin on the screen; it was odd for her older brother to call her since it rarely kept in touch with their family since people found out about his situation. The only person he kept in touch with was Dasha but even then it was still rare to hear him call her because of their business schedule among other things. Seeing that talking to her father will take less time she called him first waiting for him to pick up she sat down making herself comfortable.

"Dasha, it's good that you called back." Clyde instantly went into conversation which she was grateful for. It's like he knows that Elwin called her or something.

"Yeah, sorry. I was working. Was there something you needed?"

"Ah no, just wanted to tell you that Ivy will be picking up Willow today after a long conversation that I had with her that she should be raising her daughter properly." Dasha had to roll her eyes at her father's attempt to have Ivy 'raise' Willow. Whatever she is doing is absolutely wrong and she's a horrible mother; doesn't matter if she's her sister she just hates the fact that she puts her daughter second to everything that she does when she should be right dead center of her attention.

Knowing her little sister, she is going to keep her for a little while before she drops her off at either her father's or her place whoever is home or willing to take her. If not then she has one of her so called friends looking after her which Dasha doesn't like so if Willow appears on her doorstep she wouldn't give her the cold shoulder. "Alright. Thanks for letting me know." as much as she would love to tell her father what she thinks of Ivy she kept her mouth shut.

It wouldn't be a good idea to get riled up during her job hours for something as meaningless as Ivy's stupidity. Then she went to call her older brother Elwin, it took him longer to answer the phone and her heart was pounding a million miles per minute. For some strange reason she just gets nervous when she does call her older brother back, she misses him dearly but he slightly intimidates her when she does see him for the first couple of minutes before they get back in the groove of things.

"Hello?"

Her mouth dried as she heard his deep voice, "E-Elwin, it's me Dasha."

Dasha exhaled a deep breath as she hung up the phone; the conversation went well even though she shouldn't have been worried in the first place. It was her big brother after all; Elwin wanted to make sure that she received the wedding invitation that he sent out two weeks ago and she received it in the mail just a few days prior to the phone call. Dasha and Elwin discussed if she would be able to make it and she was since she was the only family member invited to the wedding because Ivy and Clyde didn't approve of his sexual orientation.

Ivy hated the fact that their older brother is gay; it just put a damper on the whole protective older brother thing on her because when she thinks of gay men she thinks of the stereotypical feminine man which Elwin is not. The youngest Swan didn't realize that not every gay man acts the same way, who loves fashion, takes care of their bodies, and sways their hips.

As for their father Clyde, he is just uncomfortable with the fact that his only son is homosexual. He wasn't homophobic just not use to being around gay men since he is old fashion and men were in the closet when he was around their age so he never dealt with an open gay man before. So in Elwin's way he wanted to make Clyde as comfortable as possible; not contacting him at all which broke the older man's heart because that's not what he wanted.

Since Dasha had a soft heart when it came to her family even her little sister despite her being a major drama queen and cold hearted she loved them with all her heart. She cursed knowing she got her soft heart from her deceased mother, blinking away the tears that were fogging her vision she always kept her father posted about what Elwin was doing and even the wedding. Dasha offered an invite saying he could be her plus one when he raised his brow asking if it was wise to use that plus one on him.

The brunette rolled her eyes, "I'm sure. I wouldn't bring any man to a wedding, it would just damper my mood." that and because she didn't have a man that was decent enough to bring along. And a thought appeared when she thought of the billionaire that was hitting on her the other night which made her face curl in disgust without her noticing.

She rather jump off a bridge than invite that man to a wedding. So now Dasha told Elwin that she would have a plus one and give him details in email since she wanted to avoid the fight just a little bit longer for inviting their father as her plus one. One thing Dasha wasn't looking for was singing in front of the small crowd that Elwin and his lover, Darren, invited.

They both agreed to have her sing their song for their first dance as a married couple because her voice was straight from the angels Darren said which was ridiculous since they hired a band. Dasha shook her head and went back to work checking on her patients before she left the hospital. Walking down the steps she froze, "Well, look at we have here. Cleo Withers or shall I say Dasha Cleo Swan."

Her rubbed her eyes groaning, "I thought I got rid of you Mr. Stark." peering up to see the well clothed man standing near her with a smirk on his face like he won a medal.

"Oh, doll face. It will take more than that to get rid of me and besides you gave me a fake name? How hurtful, I thought we were hitting it off last night." he pouted as he feigned hurt that was etched on his face.

Dasha's eyebrow twitched at this man's idiocy as she started to walk away from this man and towards her car. "How about we go to dinner?"

"No."

"Come on, just once."

"No."

"Are you always this cold to people because it's not a turn on."

Dasha turned to him, "I don't need to hear this from you so why don't you take you flimsy ass out of my sight before I kick your ass back to Malibu or whatever planet that you came from. No means no, Mr. Stark."

Just as she reached her car, Tony planted his hand on the door from halting it from opening; she avoided his gaze as he leaned on the doorway making sure that he got the date that he wanted. No one said no to Tony Stark and he wasn't going to allow this woman to break that streak for him.

"Why are you scared of going on one little date? It's just casual, nothing personal, nothing big, just once and I will leave you alone."

Dasha sucked on her teeth, "I will give you two options, you either get out of my way or I will castrate you and make sure that you won't be able to fuck anyone who has a vagina. Is that clear?" she seethed

"I like it when my women are feisty." he leans in "They are most likely an animal in bed."

That was the final straw before Dasha's knee came up in full force as it hit Tony's groin. Tony wheezed in pain as he held onto his treasure on his knees trying to regain back his composure "So how about that date" he croaked as he breathed in heavily.

Dasha smirked at his pain, "Not a chance in hell." piling in the car she backed out of the parking lot and out in the street leaving Tony to fend for himself.

While he was recovering the thought to himself that even though this woman may have damaged his family jewels there was something about her that intrigued him. Even with the pain he still maintained a grin as the thought, I'm definitely going to tap that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh the lovely way of Dasha showing affection haha. I love this story! Thank you BlueDreams for your lovely comment, much appreciated and thank you other silent readers and subscribers and recs I love you too.