Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Stained Hands

"You didn't tell him where you were going, did you?" The monotone voice rang in the long corridor as Dasha walked aside him.

She paused, "…No."

How could she? It is already a difficult decision to drop what she has been working on for the past ten plus years for something that may be more fitting for her. Tony has no say in what she would be doing and her mediocre job that she had with him, he can live without her tagging along every aspect of his life.

"Good, but there is one thing that you have to do." Coulson added.

There is no way for her to see what emotions played in his eyes as they were shielded with shades and his stiff posture made her want to roll her eyes. She thought she had a stick up her ass. "And what is that?" Her bored tone became apparent and Coulson seemingly did not enjoy her humor.

When he turned towards her, she stopped in her tracks as she felt him burning holes in her skull before he continued onto the long path. "You can't be known world-wide as Tony Stark's girlfriend; being in this organization means being discreet, undercover which you lack."

Dasha huffed, her arms stiffly at her side, "I am not his girlfriend and I am plenty discreet. No one knows what I am."

"For now." He countered a low blow if she had to consider this small debacle. "It doesn't matter what you think, it's what the people think and what they think is that you two are together. End it. Today."

Ending things with Tony—never heard that one coming. It became a particular shock value since they wanted him to become a part of some organization, wouldn't he still be in the limelight? He would have led a double life; doesn't everyone in this facility do that? When she voiced her opinion, there is no sarcastic grin or bitter smile, just a simple answer of, "No."

Still not providing answer, she lingered on the thought for way too long. The idea didn't sit well with her and she felt the pit of her stomach drop. Sure they were a 'couple', but to end it all? First off, she is not good with ending things. When Hammer and her were engaged, he ended it which was a huge relief on her and previous boyfriends, they ended it after she purposely acted like a bitch to do so.

Despite being tough and confrontational on all aspects, this she cannot do. Dasha is awkward, weird, and has no idea how to strike up the conversation since Tony and her were on the mend.

When they reached to the end, the doors slid open to reveal the headquarters, a wide space of gadgets, monitors with agents on every one of them and Fury standing near a long table discussing something with familiar faces.

Natasha and Jak, the other man she did not know. Dasha didn't pay much attention to him until she heard, "What's she doing here?"

Her attention is now turned on him as he gave her a curious look, "Is it really any of your business?" she snapped.

A grin appeared on his lips, "Tony Stark's girlfriend has fire."

"Get to work, Hawkeye, Widow." The pair nodded in confirmation before walking off without another word. Jak on the other hand, smiled bringing her closer to the table.

"Heard you are joining the organization. Welcome, well not yet anyways." Jak sheepishly smiled. Dasha's puzzled gaze did not go unnoticed as Fury informed her of the basic training she would have to complete and test in whether or not she is truly fit for this kind of role. A choked laugh tumbled from her lips.

"Are you serious? After—you stalked me for years in order for me to join and now that I do you want me to get tested?"

"It's for precaution."

"Fuck precaution." Fury's eye hardened at her blunt statement as she glared at him; if she knew this is going to happen she wouldn't have agreed to this. The feel of Jak's hand gripped her shoulder as he muttered a few words to her, instantly she eased up, reminding her that she is to be tested in order to see if she would want to continue.

Dasha cannot fault them for being weary of her and filling out the paperwork to keep this organization a secret is beyond measure. Her wrist ached as she lazily scribbled her signature on each page, swearing that she will keep this to herself.

Much to her dismay more paperwork would need to be signed if she is admitted. Dasha groaned at the prospect of it before the three men led her to her first step of training. Giving her a change of workout clothes, Dasha flexed in the skin tight clothes, from Jak's explanation is to see every movement she makes in order to improve or correct.

Not saying much, Coulson left without much to say. Rolling her eyes at the man, he surely got on her nerves within no time, almost a record compared to Tony. Fury stood toe to toe with Dasha as he stated, "First we need to see your tolerance of pain and endurance level. Follow by that we will see how you cope with staring death in the eye and well then we will see what your powers can do. Any questions?"

She doubted it she is only going to be doing those things. Dasha pursed her lips, shaking her head, the less she knew about her exams the less she will think about.

"Good. Agent Harrison, you may proceed."

Jak bounced on his toes, "Thanks boss."

Dasha kept an eye on Jak as she watched Fury leave the premises, wondering how she is going to be monitored. A sharp pain came from her left side, a surprise gasp left her as she tumbled to the floor. Gritting her teeth, she looked up in time for Jak to come barreling towards her.

Kicking her feet up, she created distance as she scrambled to get up. "Sloppy, Dash. Always focus on your opponent."

"I didn't know we were staring." She growled.

He laughed, "No one announces they are going to fight someone. Keep on your toes."

Assuming her position, she is more ready than before as she fluidly dodged punches. Barely getting enough time to hit him square in the jaw, she nicked him, yet he still felt her knuckles brush against his chin. He smirked at her, seeing the rage starting to peak through, frustration and when he told her to never let her emotions get the best of her, she charged at him.

Letting her get close, he moved in time for her to stumble, she tried to regain her bearings as he playfully pushed her, enough momentum to knock her over. Landing on her face, he winced at the thud, skin slapping against the mat.

"Come on, get up." Jak didn't show mercy as he walked towards her, pulling her by the back of her shirt, stretching it.

Dasha then lifted her foot back, landing right in his crotch, he dropped her, landing on her side, and she swiped her leg to have him tumble over. A deep chuckle rumbled his chest before his deep voice uttered the words; he would over the course of three hours, "Again."

Dasha flinched as the slashing sound grazed her ear, the sharp metal imbedded near her cheek. A thin layer of blood already oozing from her cut, trailing down towards her neck.

"You flinched." Hawkeye, the one that she came to dislike, smirked as she huffed.

It seems like most men with power can easily ruffle her feathers, moving her body, she snarled, "I did not." Childish to say the least, but he easily brought it out of her. Taking an arrow from his quiver, he latched it on his bow, his eyes barely blinking as he gazed at her.

"Don't flinch this time." A teasing undertone is apparent, she stood still this time around learning that her smart mouth acted her to move from place and an arrow imbedded into her arm earlier. A messy, painful business she rather not deal with again, turns out that she does not have a strong thrush hold for pain. Fury is determined to fix that along with her patience, skill in combat, and now her fear.

Another swooshing sound snapped at her ear, her face already in a grimace before he let go of the arrow, he sighed. "Stop being afraid of the arrow. How are you going to manage to stay alive if you flinch at every moving thing with a weapon? Can't see with your eyes closed."

"Any normal person wouldn't favor an arrow being shot at them." She retorted.

Hawkeye notched another arrow, "Well, you're not normal, are you? Here we go." He muttered.

The bastard is right; she isn't normal. Never been and becoming cocky she agreed to this without fully understanding what would become of this, what people went through in order to be prepared. She doubted Tony would have endured this since he was supposed to be some correspondent or something. She is actually training becoming a machine, a weapon, protector if you will and using her powers for the greater good.

Dasha needed to manage her power and even though she underestimated this organization, several times she wanted to quit, but she pushed forward. Things will get better; will get more fluid, and natural.

Just hang in there, she told herself.

This time, she barely flinched.

Dasha didn't know what to expect next; with the span of a few days of assessing her, poking her, and trying to get to know her in every way possible, she felt exhausted. Now sitting across from an inmate, straight jacket and all, she is appalled when they finally told her to use her demonstrations on them.

Her open defiance didn't sit well with any of them. Black Widow leaned against the table separating them from the mumbling inmate. "These people are murders, pedophiles, monsters to the nearest degree possible. There is no parole for them, so stop pitying them."

"Them?"

The red head barely spoke a word as she pushed off the table, "She's ready." Dasha never came to that agreement, her mouth dried as she stared into the eyes of the first felon. Careless, empty eyes that easily buried themselves into her soul; never has she been around inmates, her former colleagues have when they were transferred into the hospitals for emergency surgeries, but other than that she stayed clear of them.

Stories, that's all she came across with and now seeing the explanations for the first time. It sent something down to her core. The small reminder that he didn't mean anything did not help, "Knock him unconscious, Swan."

Dasha jumped at the sudden intercom, staring at the one sided window, she could feel the prying eyes of everyone behind it. Pursing her lips, she inhaled recalling how to enter someone's mind; it's been far too long since she has done it and she easily slipped in. There is no barrier(s) and with a simple probe, those vacant eyes were closed.

With mass amount of instructions, she instantly pull them off in small distances until the inmates were positioned further and further away from her. Beaded sweat trailed down the side of her forehead as she concentrated a small throbbing coming forth as she pushed further to reach the inmate.

She hesitated when Fury commanded her to kill them, one by one, they came in. Some smiled sinisterly as if they knew that she isn't capable of doing such an act, some were vacant, some ran their mouth which instigated her powers to turn their brain into mush.

Blood dripping from their nostrils, her breath haggard, eyes blurry from tears as her body shook. Fury and Jak stood watching her, analyzing her mind set and body. The sniffling candidate is never surprising, each one breaks in one form or another, this is meant to break them so they can build them back up in the shape they want them to.

"I think she will do well in your unit, Harrison." Fury thoughtfully said as Dasha wiped away her tears.

Jak turned his head curiously, leaning on his heels, "I think so too." Her powers are more than fitting for his unit, the criteria are hardly met for being an agent, but they can build up to that. Jak will mold and create someone that will thrive in their field; the trick though is to keep your sanity.

He is wonders if she can keep it or already lost it.

Dasha finally got to go home or what she thought is home. There is one thought in her mind right now and that is she did not want to be alone. She cannot stand it and driving into Stark's house made her feel a little bit safer. Checking her eyes to make sure they weren't red and puffy like the hour before, she got out with her bag.

Tony only thinks she went on some vacation deal with Emma since they barely saw each other which he rolled his eyes at. Emma in his opinion came to his house more times than he wanted, but tolerated her because of the evil stares he would get from Dasha.

Plus he would get rewarded in some way like a small kiss on the mouth, of course he would trap her wanting to prolong the kiss, hug him or some form of contact. Tony threatened her that if she left for those few days, she owed him, she owed him big.

JARVIS greeted her at the door, admitting her entry, dropping her bag, she immediately went to his garage which she dubbed his man cave considering the amounts of time he is spending in there especially now. Creating the new eco…okay, so she didn't pay attention when Tony and Pepper were rambling about their newest project, sue her, when it comes to mechanics she easily falls into something else.

Her legs quickly jogged down those steps, long strides towards Tony's dancing self. Guessing she made a loud entrance, he spun at the exact moment, "You're back ea-" Attacked in a tight embrace, Dasha pressed her body against his in the form of comfort.

The small smirk on his face of victory faded when he noticed her shaking. "Oh God…are you crying? I don't—do well with emotions, Dash. Just…" His arms flew up in the air, clueless as to what he should do in a time like this, should he hug her? He might be in danger from getting her knee in his groin, kiss her that might end in the same result.

Coughing lightly, he concluded with a soft awkward pat, "There, there. Let it all out." When the sound of sniffling came to play, he sighed, slightly panicked at her shaken form. Not knowing what resulted this, he grew worried that it might be his fault.

But what did he do? Her answer would be; what didn't he do? He always did something wrong in her eyes. Clanking his teeth together in thought, JARVIS added his input, "Sir, it would be wise to not touch her inappropriately at a time like this."

Tony rolled his eyes, "What do you know?" He grumbled, his hand placed on her ass then moved up and that is when she detached herself him.

Hands covering her face, she shook her head hoping that this is some kind of dream and Tony isn't really here to see her like this. Cursing lowly, she whispered, "I shouldn't have come here."

"What's going on, Dash." Stepping in after hearing the self-doubt in her voice, he cradled her head in his hands. Wiping her tears away, Pepper would be proud, all those affectionate lessons she has been giving to him is slowly coming forth, noting the sarcasm here. Tony isn't a complete dick, but seeing that Pepper thinks he is, sort of a low blow.

The typical female answer, "It's nothing."

He furrowed his brows not expecting that as an answer, "No, no. You aren't doing this. You aren't allowed to do this."

Dasha mocks, "Says the person that held numerous of secrets. It's none of your business anyways."

Tony frowns, "I rather not go over that again. You know what I think about that. Just tell me." His patience is running thin and having a stubborn woman refusing to give him any piece of information is really irking him.

So many thoughts are running in her head, one stuck out more than most. Break up with him. She could not imagine doing such a thing; her innate response is to be irritating to the point that he does it himself. The catch is their arguments are part of their routine, he isn't fazed by her fiery quips like most men and he fires back.

"Leave me alone, Tony."

"No."

Heated glares ignited between them, forcing his arms off of her in a moment of weakest, she quickly made her way to the exit. Tony chased after her, reaching out for her, he grabbed her hand with more force than he intended. A loud cry came from her, instantly he let go when she instinctively grabbed her left arm.

Staring at each other again, he grabbed her waist before she can escape. Grabbing her wrist this time, he lifted the sleeve to relieve a soaked blood stained bandage. "What the fuck…" His eyes turned hard as he looked at her, "Who did this to you? Who's the son of a bitch that did this? If you say no one or it's none of your business, I will be pissed."

"No one." She seethed.

"I swear to fucking God, Dasha. Why are you so afraid of telling me! Did they threaten you? I could protect you."

"I HAVE TO BREAK UP WITH YOU!" Her truth came out like a tidal wave; she didn't know it is coming until it is too late. Her body shook as she pictured what she had to do in order to be a part of something that she knew in her gut would make her feel less like a freak.

Disbelief settled his features, "What?"

She didn't give him another response, declining to do so; he glanced at her wound, the card that he found in her clothes. Yes, he did scoop because he didn't believe a word she was saying when she said she is going on vacation. Dasha never took vacations unless Tony dragged her to one or tricked her.

"S.H.I.E.L.D." He mumbled and he got the reaction he wanted. Her eyes wired in shock, avoiding his gaze. "You accepted their offer." He laughed bitterly, letting her go, "Leaving behind your newfound career that you barely built for some ass hat organization and they told you to sever all connections from your life."

"Only you." She murmured, "They only told me to break up with you."

"Like that makes me feel any better."

Dasha watched as Tony walked away from her, no other words were exchanged. He didn't yell, show more frustration than he already did. Sounding bitter than anything with a tone of betrayal if she may cross that line. One thing she hated more than break-ups is loose ends. He left without them fully saying what they needed to say.

Pursuing after him, she caught up with him in his bedroom, gathering a change of clothes since his sweat clung to the ones he is wearing. "Tony." His back went rigid, and then he continued walking towards his bathroom.

Dasha cut him off, blocking his entrance, "We didn't finish talking."

His dark brown eyes cut through hers, "I think we did." Her fists balled tightly, frustration bellowing in the forefront of her mind.

"You have no idea what I just went through. The things I have to prepare for, my hands—are stained and I know they can never be clean again. I've done it before and it nearly killed me, now they are trying to help me come to terms in their own sick way. They want me to be more cautious of what I do, be in more control and I…I'm afraid." Dasha gripped his sweaty wife beater, leaning her forehead against her hands as she rambled, "I can't do this alone. When they asked me to end things with you, the first thought in my mind is, I can never do that. I…"

Her throat became dry, palms become sweaty, her heart raced at the proclamation that is etching towards the surface. The last time she did something like this was all those years ago. Taking a breath, she needed him with her, "I l-like you."

The small pause made her heart drop, what is going through his mind? He can immediately tell her to get out and never see him again. That crushed her. A stiff chuckle emitting from him, "You like me, like me?" She peered up to see that boyish grin on his face, giving him a watery smile, she nodded.

Threading his fingers through her hair, he kissed her harshly, "How was my acting skills?" The small smile on her lips vanished as he laughed, "Like I would ever let you leave me. I've done too much work to let you slip away." A growl came from her as she smacked his arm, but he restrained her from further damage by locking her arms with an embrace.

Waddling towards the bathroom, he chimed, "Let's take a shower together!" Dasha let him have his sensual shower with limited touching, he pouted when he couldn't touch most parts he craved. She slapped his hands away, but she allowed her body to be pressed against his.

A low groan left his lips when her hand grazed his member. "You owe me a debt for your absence and your treachery." Leaning his forehead against hers, she smirked, giving him a soft peck on the lips.

Wrapping her hand around his dick, he sighed deeply; his head fell on her shoulder as she pumped slowly, achingly. His toes curled at her touch, he wanted more. Tony wanted to feel her warmth, him being buried to the hilt into her core. Bucking his hips hungrily, he devoured her lips, his hand attempted to touch her breasts, but she slapped his hand away.

Limitations.

He is only allowed so much; feeling the hesitation from her, he is determined to break down those walls and have her become comfortable with being with him fully.