Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Friday You Say?

"Doctor Swan you are needed in the west wing for surgery assistance."

Dasha sighed as she acknowledged the nameless nurse before she walked over from the east wing of the hospital where she worked at to the west wing. It was a difficult day for her so far; for some reason today was the day God chose for today to be chaotic. She hated it when it was like this but she wouldn't trade her job for the world.

The headache that she usually has on days like these was throbbing on her right temple, soothing her aching head she knew she couldn't stop to take anything that could impair her for operating on someone. She will just have to endure the irritating pounding for a little while longer.

"Today has started so great and look what happened." she rolled her eyes thinking that it was a bright and sunny day that Tony Stark has not contact her for a few days which meant it either back down or waiting to strike.

Dasha can't decipher which was it was but to make herself feel better she chose the first one. Now that she thought about it; she doesn't know how Tony knew where she worked, what her real name is andF what time she gets off work when she doesn't work around the clock.

It was something she needed to find out but if her pest problem was terminated why go around picking on something that has vanished from your life? She rather just leave it be and focus on the task at hand, one of the nurses helped her put on her scrubs as she put on her face mask and latex gloves.

"So what do we have here?" she asked waiting for her colleagues to answer her question.

They all looked at the other professional surgeon, Dr. Mason, whose grey hair was streaking out from the sides while his dark brown hair still overpowered the vibrant white hair that was still peeking out. Fixing his glove, "Heart transplant surgery."

Before Dasha could ask why he wanted her help he just simply said, "Heard you were one of the best." he was straight and to the point, it reminded her how lucky she was to work under Dr. Cooper instead of Dr. Mason. Just from his posture and social skills she can tell that he wasn't the most sociable person on the planet which is strange that he went into this profession well knowing that you have human interaction every single day.

Preparing for the procedure, Dasha and Dr. Mason and the others that were in the operation room fixing the patient and setting the medical tools on the table for them to easily be accessed to either professional; as much as Dasha loved being able to help the children that are in the hospital the one thing that makes her gut twist and that is transplants because they are highly dangerous operations and one small incorrect move can cost the life of this innocent child.

The woman saw the little girl's eyes moving rapidly around the room, scanning it to make sure that she was safe. Putting her hand on the girl's blue cap that was on her head, the small girl's eyes frantically moved to the doctor that gave her a comforting smile, "Everything will be alright. Aren't you excited to get your new heart?"

Seeing the little girl softly smile in relief, with a small nod; her heart just melted at the sight of the little girl. She knew she wasn't supposed to be so connected with the patients but she couldn't help it. Children were her weakness and seeing this girl reminded her of herself, how scared, fragile and weak she used to be.

Dasha started to explain to the small girl, Eva, that once she woke up she will be healthy again and would live a normal functioning life style. Eva's eyes glowed in happiness hearing the good news and silently let one of the nurses put the mask on her putting her to sleep.

"Let's get the show on the road." Dr. Mason snapped his latex glove as both doctors got to work on the transplant.

Dasha made sure the adjustments to the heart was stable and ready before she lightly tapped the heart. Seeing the small red heart pulse made her smile under her mask as everyone sighed in relief that Eva, was alright. Dr. Mason and Dasha were flickered with blood on their scrubs, taking them off as they saw, Eva, being wheeled away to the recovery room.

"Amazing job, Swan." Dr. Mason said peeling off the scrubs and throwing them in the bin before Dasha could respond, the doctor left the perimeter. "Thanks." she mumbled to herself as she rolled her dark eyes.

She made her way to her side of the building, bee lining towards her office to get some filing done before she went to check on some of her patients that were due for some of their shots and drills that she had to do with them.

"Jesus Christ, Ivy." slightly jumping at the sight of her younger sister sitting on behind her desk with her legs up on it. Ivy just smiled, "What? Can't I visit my older and wiser sister?"

"Not if it involves you annoying me every single minute and breaking into my office." she muttered.

"I didn't break in." Ivy set her feet down "Clara was kind enough to let me in so I can see you since it's been a several days." her head lay on her hands with a sly smile "Sooo, got a man yet?"

Dasha's brow rose at her question before she mentally cursed the dimwitted nurse that let her younger sister into her office. She thought she made it clear last time that she didn't want anyone in her office unless it was her father or someone important. Not her younger sister who pesters her for every little thing, keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't steal from her again. She made Ivy move from her seat which she made a face before moving towards the opposite side where she was supposed to sit.

Crossing her legs, she waited for an answer. "Well?"

"Well what?"

"Do you?"

Leaning into her chair, rubbing her temple "No, Ivy. Look, I just finished doing a heart transplant and you badgering me with unnecessary questions is really getting on my nerves so if you don't have anything important to say…"

"I have the perfect man for you-"

"Don't even finish that sentence." putting her hand up glaring at the young brunette "Don't you dare say that. I don't want a man in my life right now; it's the furthest thing from my mind."

"It's not like I'm telling you to settle down and marry the guy. Just one measly date." she paused "And get laid because look how tense you are? You have been bitchier lately and I know it's because your toys aren't satisfying you-"

"I don't have toys." Dasha cut in

"You need some dick once and a while."

"Ivy-Rae." she said sternly. "I will not have you talk like that in my office, understand?" Dasha hated when Ivy talked like she had no sense. She knew better than to talk foully around her, it just was wrong and made her feel dirty and makes her feel less professional than she actually was.

"Yes mother." the young woman sneered. Ivy hated that Dasha was so stuck up, how she just acted so proper most of the time and didn't like using foul language around people and if she did, she would mutter it under her breath when no one can hear her. Dasha wasn't that special to have such special treatments, just because she had a successful career didn't make her more of a woman than her.

In her eyes, Dasha was a complete failure. She hadn't had sex in years if that which resulted in her being bitchy most of the time. Dasha hasn't dated in a while and she's stuck in this hospital or at home most of the time. She doesn't loosen up; Dasha is the classy pompous ass that she transformed into over the years.

Maybe those countless hours of working has finally made her snap and she just gone off the deep end. Before Ivy can speak her mind, once again, Dasha's work phone rang which she picked up immediately and mouthed to be silent. Mocking her movements she spun around in her chair ignoring the business call.

"Dr. Swan's office." Dasha answered professionally.

"You know we never did settle for a time for that date we were going to since you didn't give me time to set anything in stone." the mellow mood that she automatically put herself in when she was on the phone instantly turned into a frown.

"I never agreed to a date." she snapped at the man on the phone; her blood boiled just hearing Tony Stark's voice.

"I am hurt that you say that after all, you attacked an innocent man who just wanted to have one date with you. I think I deserve more than a that."

Dasha's hand clenched the phone tightly as her nostrils flared up, spinning her chair to shield herself from her sister's gaze "What do you suggest, then? Oh wise one."

"Aren't you just a bucket of sunshine?" he chuckled deeply "I was thinking tomorrow night?"

"Can't do tomorrow night." she quickly responded

"And why not? It's a Friday night, what could you possibly do on a Friday night since you don't have a life?"

"How do you know that? What if I stripped Friday nights?" she challenged him, she usually made men cower before her. Making them second guess themselves and never holds anything back. It was somewhat satisfying when a cocky man gets knocked down a couple of notches; serves them right.

"You don't look the type."

She scoffed, "That has nothing to do with being a stripper. Anyone can be a stripper."

"True but most strippers have fake body tans, breasts, and low self-esteem." he paused "Okay, maybe you have the last one and you're also too classy and virtuous to do such an act. Besides you're a successful doctor, why strip?"

"Friday you say?"

"Friday at eight o' clock and wear something sexy." hearing the grin that grew on his face. Dasha wanted to choke him through the phone but she just quickly wanted to end this conversation that she didn't want to have not only in this office but with her nosy little sister by her side either.

Ivy looked like she was trying so hard to hear her conversation, "Friday then." not confirming that she will wear something sexy "How did you get this number, by the way?"

"I have my ways, Ms. Swan."

"I honestly think you're a stalker that has nothing better to do than to follow me around to see where I work, what time I get out and found out my work number which is creepy if I never told you before."

"Dasha, sweetheart. That doesn't offend me if that was what you're going for. See you tomorrow night."

Dasha hung up without saying good-bye swinging her chair around to see Ivy with a huge smirk on her face. "I knew you had a man."

She gave her an incredulous look, "How does me snapping at someone make him my man?"

"Ah ha!" she pointed at Dasha "I knew it wasn't a woman and that was always your way of crushing on someone. So," she bounced in her seat and leaning towards her older sister "What's happening Friday night? A date? Setting up a sex date? Who is it? What's his name? How old is he? He's is sexy? Is he rich? When did you meet him? How old is he?" so many questions were shooting out of the young woman's mouth before Dasha just replied with a simple, "None of your damn business."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments, subs, and recs you guys are amazing. :) Share me your thoughts, think anything will go wrong with their date?