Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Purpose

Dasha remained still as she swung her legs lazily from the bars that kept her from falling to her death, next to her; Hawkeye sat quietly calculating every subtle movement. When Fury and Selvig were chatting, she placed her chin on her forearms as she felt the uncertainty roll off of the scientist in waves.

“What’s your status?” Her comrade, she held that word very lightly when she used that to describe Barton threw his icy blue eyes at her.

Every so often he would confirm with her on the energy levels of the scientists around them and surprisingly no one left. “Same.” She responded, growing bored at just sitting around, her fingers and mind grew restless until the tesseract started to spark on special occasions. Weariness and concern enveloped her as she eyed the thing that so many tried to get a hold of.

Now why is she scoping the area instead of following Jak like some lost puppy and doing everything that he is set out to do considering they are partners for mostly everything? He was sent out on a mission that he couldn’t speak about and since Romanoff was out along with a few agents that refused to work with her, that left her with Hawkeye.

Fury still wanted someone to keep an eye on her. Her powers have been growing every day; she could feel her sensitivity with the mind wired differently when she passed people sending her into a state of shock of how many emotions flew through her.

“Agent Barton, report.”

Clint got up without a second thought, his body easily moving around her before tossing back a command like she is some damn dog, “Stay.” Before she could give him a snarky remark, he slid down the rope with effortlessness that she wished she had. Every time she did that, she got rope burn. Dasha still has to work on her maneuvers.

Tapping the railing, her mind wandered a bit. It couldn’t hurt to do so bearing in mind that Hawkeye is still eyeing the place on ground level. Naturally she thought of Tony and her birthday surprise from him; the idiot had Pepper going through hoops to get her a few things that could win him a few brownie points.

Dasha thanked Pepper for her effort and when Tony attempted to swoop down, claiming that he had some form of effort into that thought process she shut it down immediately. She knew he didn’t, but seeing that she didn’t look pleased he threw his credit card at her saying she could spoil herself rotten.

‘Consider it a late birthday gift.’ Those were his words; she flipped the silver plastic card in her hand that had been tucked away in her pouch. His name written in silver with his signature sloppily written on the back, she still hasn’t thought of a way to use this card. Dasha is beyond upset that he would just throw her his bottomless pit of cash at her basically saying ‘here, all the problems you have with me will be solved with this.’

Felt like a slap in the face so in his honor she will use the damn card even when he suggested she buy lingerie to replace the shitty pairs that she had at her place. In the middle of her thought process, she didn’t realize that her boot swung to the back of where she sat, the metal platform rattling where she kicked earning a few looks.

Dasha could care less, huffing when that also settled into her living with him. What is it with him throwing one element of surprise after another? He would start with the most senseless idea and work his way up, and then when the person couldn’t handle it, they cave and he gets his way.

Moving in with him? That thought disturbed her.

Suddenly her body rocked back, losing balance for a moment before she clutched onto the yellow bar as she felt the tesseract pulse. The whole place quaked, loud crackling sounds as the light blue electricity sparked and sizzled around where it is being confined. Dasha felt her heart clench as she stood up with shaky legs, it still gave her nerves when being called to action.

Standing firm at where she is, she waited like everyone else. Awestruck as it started to circulate, spinning in a powerful force before a large beam flew across the room, creating a large portal of some kind.

It only got bigger before it exploded, sending a large blue flamed wave across the room. Her hair being blown past her as she held her ground at the small jolt. Dasha felt her holding her breath as the steam emitting from a lone figure, agents cautiously stepping forward aiming at the invader. Them inching ever so slowly, she leaned forward to get a better look at it.

All she saw is a small blue light gleaming from a rod as the figure stood tall. “What the fuck?” She muttered under her breath. As if this man alone sucked all of the energy out of the room, seconds felt like minutes.

When Fury directed the man to put down his spear, she almost scolded him for commanding such a stupid thing. The man obviously stared down at his weapon filled with power before sending a power surge towards him which Hawkeye pushed him aside.

Instantly, guns were fired, the man flew with little effort with his spear imbedded into someone’s chest. He pulled it out with a small smile; Dasha felt her body swing from the same rope Hawkeye slid down from, not feeling the burn of her hands as she landed on her feet. Her mind going haywire at the amount of power this man held, it went frazzled as she felt no connection towards him.

Dasha pushed forward needing a psionic link only for it to push back with such verbosity she staggered. Her eyes widened at the power and rage burning through him; grabbing a hold of her gun, flipping the safety off, she fired along with the group only for the bullets to be repelled.

Shit.” Another blast is fired, sending sparks from a destroyed machine before another agent is thrown against the wall with a loud grunt. Raising her weapon, she fired another round not noticing that most of the agents were down, passed out or dead. When his eyes locked with hers, she felt a shiver run down her spine.

Clutching her gun tightly she fired again when a sinister look passed his lips. He quickly approached her, she growled when she threw a punch to his lower abdomen only for him to catch her wrist. Gazing into his eyes up close, she wondered who this person was and questioned the power that he held in his arm, single-handedly taking a dozen agents along with scientists out.

His dark blue eyes widened a fraction, “You have something interesting; quite different than what I have encountered before…” She didn’t allow him to finish as she pressed her gun to his temple.

“Say anything more and I’ll shoot.” Her other arm is twisted in such a way that he held her close, his scepter glowing dangerously close to her.

He only chuckled, a soft rumbling in his chest at her fail attempt of having him surrender. “If I am to cower in your presence then you are sadly mistaken. You will be of good use to me.” Dasha’s blood ran cold as his eyes and soul spurred with confidence of having his way.

She didn’t say much or remember how she felt herself rolling out of the way of this crazy loon. When her body collided with the ground, a painful scream coming from her as she is now a further distance to see Hawkeye intercepted whatever is about to come upon her that exact time. She could see amusement in his eyes, something else gleaming as he whispered with lightness in his breath, “You have heart.”

A light glow curled at the top of the scepter before injecting itself into Clint’s chest. Lying there, speechless as she witnessed her comrade relaxing from his fighting stance and placing his gun in its holster; Dasha saw him walking around as he did the same thing to another agent.

Crawling slowly away from him, Loki turned to Fury as he tucked the tesseract into a briefcase, forgetting about her. Standing behind him, she heard him introduce himself as Loki of Asgard; it made sense with his powers and inhuman strength. When she felt a small nudge in the corner of her mind, she recognized it as Fury’s conscious.

Slipping into his mind, she felt the raw emotions; within her she can sense that he wanted to stall, wait for the opportune moment to escape. Clint shared this plan with Loki as he nudged his head towards the swirling ball of energy above.

Gun shots were heard as Clint shot at Fury and Dasha hesitated when she lifted her gun towards him; his emotionless eyes saw through her as he pulled the trigger. She fell when the bullet broke through her skin, the immense pain spreading through her. Gritting her teeth, she flipped to her side as she watched the briefcase being hauled away.

“Swan!” Lifting herself up, her fingers pushed through the small hole in her shoulder where the bullet is before running towards Fury as he too pulled himself up. “Get…the tesseract.” Anger and frustration burned through his eyes straight at her, she nodded applying pressure to her wound before running off towards the exit.

Bullets are fired; cars skidded as she ran towards the platform to see Loki kneeling in the bed of a truck while it drove away. Agent Hill gaining speed as she peeled off; Dasha cursed again knowing it is futile to have her chase after them in her condition. She started to feel woozy, sprinting towards an exit that might take her the long way around.

She stumbled on her way out, the Earth shook signaling an explosion happened not far from where she is at. Taking long strides, her gun held firmly close to her as she made her way out into the darkness, a helicopter flew past her only for it to be shot down moments later.

A small fire burned from where it crashed, Dasha’s knees buckled as her fatigued body fell onto the ground. Feeling completely and utterly useless at this point, she listened in as Coulson and Fury spoke, the Director giving insight that he had men down, checking in on Hill for the same thing. When it came to her, she sighed calling it in, “Wounded, but nothing fatal.”

“Stay where you are. Medical attention is on its way.” Dasha hummed as she sat there knowing that once she had this bullet taken out of her, her next assignment will be established.

Her next assignment is pretty simple in her standards; she thought that Fury was pulling her leg when she instructed her and Coulson to seek Tony Stark. The association that was disregarded is brought back anew with a sole purpose of defending and retrieving the tesseract. Her first mission is to get Tony to agree.

If anyone thought she could convince him to join then they are sadly mistaken. It didn’t help much that Coulson, one of the few agents she rarely talked to is her partner for this. To say that is wasn’t awkward on their way to the new Stark tower is an understatement; with nothing to say to one another and them only vocal when they are forced to.

Dasha almost stared in awe at the newest project Tony has almost completed. “Let’s go, Agent Swan.” Coulson’s voice brought her back, he stood at the top of the stairs to the entry way; she furrowed her brows at how he can possibly receive entry way when he isn’t the most liked person around here.

She watched as he dialed a number, seeing him easily communicate with JARVIS who in fact is withholding the conversation that should have been with Tony. Staying silent, she stood back as Coulson insisted that he speak with Tony. He worked diligently as they slipped into the tower, the system being override within minutes.

Taking a step in the elevator, she rolled her eyes as she heard, “You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message.”

“This is urgent.” Coulson pressed further.

“Then leave it urgently.” Tony retorted, the elevator doors opened at that exact moment hearing his words echo. “Security breach.” The billionaire threw his hands up in the air before his eyes settled on his girlfriend who stood next to the pest of the night. “Dasha? What a nice surprise, didn’t expect you to be here so soon.”

His sarcasm is noted, Dasha frowned, “Not now, Tony.” Stepping off the lift she greeted Pepper, glancing at the bottle of champagne and casual clothes that the red head is wearing.

“Something is wrong.” Pepper murmured, her blue eyes staring at her friend who shared a look of concern gleaming in her eyes. “What happened?” Partaking another look at her, Dasha whispered that it was nothing before her attention is thrown towards Tony, taking her advance on him.

Tony met her half way as he kissed her softly wondering why his girlfriend is here not that he is complaining or used to having her come back so soon. Their relationship would be months without seeing one another and now only days after he sees her; something had to be wrong, urgent and important.

Why did he feel like he might be risking his life after this conversation?

When Pepper greeted Coulson by his first name, Tony and Dasha shared a look of disturbance. “Phil? I thought his name was Agent?” she snorted at his comment as her arms naturally folded only to feel the strain on her wounded shoulder, fighting against the movement she relaxed to her previous position with her arms to the side.

As they made their way over to Pepper and Phil, Dasha immediately stood by the agent’s side as he handed the black thick folder towards Tony. Noticing the stiff gaze as he stated that he hated being handed things, Pepper took that as her token to exchange the champagne glass for the folder.

Immediately Tony wanted to toss aside the information of what he needed to know when the Avengers are being considered being brought back into the light again. The billionaire made valid points which she concurred with, nodding as Coulson shot her a look. A look of ‘you better get him on board.’ Sighing deeply, Dasha switched places with Pepper as she dismissed herself with Coulson.

Once the elevator doors closed shut, she pivoted towards Tony again to see the images appearing on the wall, videos and information that he needed to read up on. Information that she read on the way over; “There’s no point in me reading this. I thought you were the prized pony out of all of this, not me.”

“Trust me when I say that we need all the help we can get. We’re rallying everyone up as I speak.”

“Which includes me.” He added when she nodded in agreement; confusion crossed his features as he leaned his arm against the table arching a brow at her. “When did I become we?”

Dasha didn’t know when she became a ‘we’ with S.H.I.E.L.D. she never really caught herself saying it without noticing. Shrugging in response, his arms snaked around her hips giving a firm squeeze before letting his hands travel around her waist to bring her back against his chest. He dipped his head towards her ear, little height difference between them as he muttered, “Can’t you just give me a rundown on all the information later? In the meantime, we should have ‘you did a great job finishing your latest project’ sex.”

Stifling a laugh, she nudged his ribs with her elbow. “Stop being ridiculous. I’m crap when it comes to explaining everything, you’re the genius shouldn’t take you that long unless…” she quirked a brow in assumption. “You are questioning your intelligence.”

“We both know that’s not the case.” He placed small kisses along her shoulder tightening his hold on her when he observed her stiff movements. Her upper body refrained from moving too much, “What do we have here?” Puzzled, he moved her shirt out of the way revealing white patch gauze on her shoulder, blood seeping through the wound.

“What the—Dash. Care to explain?”

No words came from her as she settled on staring at the Hulk video, the large green beast snarling at the tank before bending the cannon towards the tank before propelling towards another ripping it in two. He called her name again, she breathed through her nose as she said, “The tesseract has been compromised; everything that we have been working hard for was stolen by a demi-god named Loki.”

Dasha continued explaining what happened that night from the movements of the tesseract to being wounded by a comrade of hers.

When she ended her description, Tony spun her around before lifting her on the table. His legs parting her easing himself in the small space to be closer to her; Dasha narrowed her eyes as she felt the buttons of her blouse being snapped open. Asking what he is doing, he simply stated, “I’ll be gentle.”

She grumbled, “Are you fucking kidding me?” her hand stopped him from further advancements, pushing him away from her. “You have shit to do, Tony. Read the information Coulson gave you. I need you to stay focus on something other than fucking me on this table.”

Tony groaned, “Don’t tempt me.” He nestled into the crook of her neck, nipping at her skin softly sending small jolts across her skin. “Could you at least help me?” Cue the eye rolling, of course he would say that; he wouldn’t want to suffer alone and having her there would be his cheat sheet or encouragement to keep him going.

“Fine, but no drinking. I mean it.” She hissed as she saw him carry the glasses towards her; he knew the effect of alcohol does to her. Tony had a once in a lifetime experience when she drank only a few glasses of wine before she sprawled herself on him, begging him to fuck her.

When alcohol is involved her slutty side came out and it amused him to the greatest extent. “One glass.” He tipped it teasingly towards her lips, the cool glass pressed against her bottom lip; not receiving the bait like he wanted her to, he gave up. Running her fingers on the table as she felt his hard on grinded against her core, it took all of her not to pull his pants down and have him do her.

She seriously needed to get her priorities straight when it came to dependency on sex to distract herself from what she has done in the past year.

After that it didn’t take much, Tony buckled down and read everything that was given to him. Dasha grew drowsy and wandered into the bedroom to sleep leaving Tony to himself; thinking that he would say something about her exit she is met with silence as her body hit the bed.

“You’re late.” Fury’s voice usually stiff voice had Dasha purse her lips as she took long strides to keep up with Tony; her less than stellar mood can be blamed on the long flight they had to take to meet up with the flying hovercraft that made its way over to Germany where Loki is located.

“I got him here, didn’t I?” Dasha crossed her arms when the blame of having the last member arrive late. “Besides, he likes making an entrance.” Tony grinned as he stuck his hands into his pockets as his eyes flickered across the small boardroom they were escorted to.

Fury ignored Tony as he made some remark, “Rogers and Romanoff are already on their way to Loki’s location, you should make your way over, Stark.” Fury made eye contact with Dasha and she firmly nodded, standing up with the Director and followed him out with Tony. Within minutes, Tony is fully equipped stealing a quick kiss before flying out to meet up with the rest.

Walking along side, Fury she remained clueless as to what she is supposed to be doing. She isn’t technological like most of the people on board. “What am I here for, Director?” To her knowledge she highly doubted that she is going to use her skills even if the god of Mischief is capture somehow.

There is something unsettling with that sinister smile the god gave her when he looked at her as if he already had something brewing in that crazy mind of his.

“To provide a comfortable environment for Dr. Banner, at any cost.” His knowing gaze had her pause as her heart clenched. The raging green beast filled her mind as the enormous strength crushed everything in its sight.

Standing there in disbelief, Fury didn’t break his stride as he continued forward. “You want me…to use my powers on him? Are you insane?” She caught up to him, blocking his path with her body eyes wide with anger and fright. “You can’t be assured that it will work on him.”

“We have a few levels of security in case something happens and you are one. You’re powers are not just to kill, but to help. Besides, you are going to make sure that it doesn’t happen.” His hands clasped behind his back. “You’re dismissed, Agent Swan.”

Gritting her teeth, she swallowed a large lump in her throat as she is given further instructions by another where Dr. Banner now resides, cooped up in a laboratory away from everyone. Isolated and alone which he preferred she gathered, emotions ran high as she made her way over; reining in her fear she took those small steps inside to see a man.

His curls peppered with silver hair in disarray from his hands constantly going through it, his eyes focused on the computer screen in front of him, glasses perched on his nose seemingly complete harmless.

Licking her lips, she cleared her throat to make her presence known. When his eyes found her, her heart picked up in speed. A forced smile appeared on her lips as she took a few steps closer keeping a safe distance from him, “Hi, I’m Dasha Swan. You must be Dr. Banner.”

Bruce pushed back his sleeves further up his arms, wiping his palm on his pants before giving a small shake when she offered her hand. Giving a wry smile, “I would say nice to meet you, but given the circumstances not so much.” Dasha felt her throat close up as his words; her smile widened a bit as she shook her head.

“We promised that you are only here to look for the tesseract nothing else.” She swore, he didn’t look convinced, but kept it to himself. Licking her lips she found herself standing a little closer to the man as she kept her hands tightly to her sides. “I know what it’s like…” His curious gaze caught hers as she opened up. “I know what it’s like to be used for something other than your real talents. I’ve studied to be a doctor all my life, took pride in it just to escape what I am, but the truth is I never really could get away from it. It’s a part of me and as much as I would love to get rid of those memories that caused so much pain for me, I can’t say that I regret.”

Bruce raised a brow, “You’re a doctor?” It then hit her that her information wasn’t given out like the rest; her information is preserved since she belonged to SHIELD.

She confirmed quietly, “Medical, worked in the trauma surgical department.”

“What are you doing here?” The physicist didn’t understand why someone like her would voluntarily be here when her occupation required her to be somewhere. Her words still rung in his ears and didn’t see the part of her of why she is a part of this organization to begin with.

Dasha sighed, her fingers dancing along the borders of the desk. “To stop running away and be myself.” As much as she liked to think that SHIELD is a part of her, she needed this to form her identity that is attached to her powers; she cannot live a life of saving lives and using her powers on the sidelines, undetected.

People were already questioning her for a few years before then and hiding this part of herself became tiresome and she could see that Bruce is hiding away from the other guy. The green monster that took such a hold of his life that he secluded himself to the outskirts in India; a look of sympathy crossed the doctor’s features and thankfully her heart steadied.

That is until later on while keeping the doctor company, a group of agents strolled down the hall and after a few she saw the demi-god himself. Captured and smiling, her eyes widened frozen in her seat when his eyes met with hers, a sharp sensation entered her mind, she winced and immediately she closed her eyes.

When she opened them, Loki was gone and settled into the crate that is meant for the Hulk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for the continuing support. This story is one of my firsts and I am excited for this arc.

Thank you to the ones that comment

bxgurl95

BlueDreams

popcandy07

LadySyndra

greyeyes-darkskies