Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Valuable Asset

Uneasiness.

The first thing she felt when her eyes locked with the demi-god of mischief. Even more so as he spoke to the Director, pacing comfortably she might add. It didn’t help that she could barely read anything off of him. Mixed signals until reaching darkness, an eerie silence that made her shiver when his cold green eyes darted to the camera, grinning.

“He really grows on you, doesn’t he?” Bruce’s dry humor interrupted her thoughts as she sat up, surprised that she was slumped in her chair. Intrigued and a sick pit of horror embezzled inside her as she attempts to make herself comfortable.

“You’re tellin’ me.” She mumbles to herself, unknown to her the golden haired god overheard her. His blue eyes settling on her for a moment before adding his own when the star spangled man questioned the god of mischief’s motives. It felt like they were going in circles with Thor defending his brother’s actions until Romanoff revealed the body count.

Thor taken back only had one response, “He’s adopted.”

Her mind is elsewhere with tiny prickles searing into her mind; puzzled by the unfamiliarity she pushed back the pain. Barely hearing the plans going over from the group around her until her lovely boyfriend decided to make an appearance.

Slyly passing her giving her a small tap which jolted her from her place earning several looks directed towards her. Dasha cleared her throat, glaring minimally when she sees Tony smirking, a sign of victory.

Then off he goes on his rants, insulting people left and right, his main target, Fury himself. Once he places his hand over one of his eyes, she scoffed. Still her eyes remained on him as he pranced around like a child, his hands grazing over certain screens. Her eyes narrowed, what’s his game? Clearly there is something else going on that he’s not sharing with her and his colorful words were only a distraction.

Regardless, the group remained involved until Bruce and Tony went off into their own little world. The billionaire had a look of happiness to see there is someone of his caliber on board. Dasha waited until the insults ensued and once his big obnoxious mouth raved how he loved the way Dr. Banner turned into a giant green monster, Dasha reflexively smacked his arm.

Wincing, Tony turned to Dasha. “Aww, is my little sugar plum feeling neglected?” Her brow twitched at the hideous nickname, Natasha scoffed while the others look profoundly confused.

“Don’t start with, Tony.” Dasha growled, a warning as she pushed into his mind letting him know she meant business. Just that one graze she raised a brow at him feeling the sense of victory within him before Fury himself interrupted.

“Dr. Banner is only here for the cube nothing more and I thought you could join him.”

Dasha remained quiet as usual thankful that no one really bothered with her yet as they concluded they need to locate the cube and figure out how Loki is controlling Hawkeye and Selvig. Right when Tony tapped Dasha on the back of her head to gain her attention, Fury called out to her.

Standing from her seat she glanced towards Tony before making her way towards Fury. He headed out without acknowledging her to follow him, yet she did. As much as she disliked Fury most of the time she has respect for him on a certain level. Feeling uneasy of what he might ask of her, the sensation didn’t quell when he said, “Look into Loki. See what he’s up to.”

“I can’t.” Shaking her head in frustration she remembered the amount of force it took to attempt to break into his mind. “The first time I saw him subconsciously he reached out and the amount of power he has…mine is unmatched.”

Fury pursed his lips clearly agitated that the only person that can tap into anyone’s mind cannot do so with Loki. “Try again and if doesn’t work then figure something out.” Nibbling on her lip she halted her footsteps clearly shaking from her experience as Fury continued on.

“Son of a bitch.” She cursed lowly, turning on her heel as she thought that maybe Thor can help. He’s the only one that can possibly understand Loki. Finding the golden god turned out to be easy only barely moving from his spot as he gazed out like a faraway dream with Coulson right beside him.

One thing that she envied the higher trained agents is the ability to sneak up on others, her footsteps still rang with vengeance. She grimaced at the echo of her boots when she called the god himself to slip him out of the trance. His eyes followed to her voice and slightly mesmerized at how beautiful his cerulean eyes are.

“Yes?”

“Oh, um I just was—thinking that I could…talk to you?” Berating herself for being caught off guard she could sense Coulson laughing at her as heat rose from her cheeks. Thor gave her a half smile seeing that she wanted some space from the others.

As they traveled to a quieter space she spoke up again hoping she doesn’t sound like an idiot. “Sorry if I interrupted you earlier. I was so rude. I’m Dasha Swan.”

“Pleasurable greetings, Lady Swan. I presume you know who I am.” Confirming that she does, she figured that this is not the first time that he dealt with this organization. Actually she found it weird that he will obliged to talk to her much less follow her so quickly. He answered, “You’re not like the others.”

Dasha’s heart skipped a beat. What did he mean by that? Can he sense her powers? Or is she reading way too much into this. “How can you tell?”

“Your eyes…they remind me of Jane’s.”

Furrowing her brows at his answer she guessed it was a good comparison because of the way his voice softened when he said her name. Her heart slowed down to almost a normal rate. Is it possible that only Loki can sense what she is or only because she used it against him?

“And you have magic within you.” There is goes; her heart skipped a beat. Her eyes trailed up to the tall bulky form of the god as he looked down at her. “What magic do you wield? You are not from Asgardian or from another world…you are human yet you have this aura.” He paused letting her respond.

As she spoke to him about her powers she then took that as incentive to ask about Loki. It seem as if he didn’t know much either. Basically a dead end to what she hoped might have find her solutions instead finding more problems. “I forewarn you to be careful around Loki. His magic is far greater than yours. I would not go near him if I were you.”

He left her with that.

Great, like she can actually listen to him. Honestly she would have if it were not for Fury ordering her to decide how to approach the god of mischief. The emotion of rage still is within her from when Loki was within distance of her. So much rage.

If she is to join Banner and Tony she would postpone her mission; heading to her quarters she pushed her back against the wall and closed her eyes. Taking deep breaths, she entered her mind getting comfortable before reaching out like an invitation. She needed to reach out to Loki; there is no way she can read his mind, but emotions can be displayed within her.

Ever so lucky she can incapacitate him if he let his guard down. Her poor heart racing as whispers entered her mind, all incomprehensive. So many voices that she attempted to decipher until there is one single voice, “Hello Dasha.”

Gasping for air, her eyes opened when that same force entered her. Fear struck her as Loki weaseled into her mind. His bitter laugh echoed within her, “Foolish human. Did you think for a second that you can control me?”

Her fists balled tightly as she mentally tried to block him out of her mind. “The first thing I am going to do is take you and make you watch your race burn. Letting you feel the desperation, clinging to every plea from your family, friends…lover. You cannot escape me!”

Suddenly his voice grew mute, silence surrounded her as she gasped for air. Shaking uncontrollably, tears wield in her eyes as the millions of visions he entrapped her with still lingered. When the taste of blood entered her lips, she wiped her nose to see blots of blood on her hand. She needed to stay away from everyone.

She knew that Loki never truly left her mind as he stayed branded within her.

Lying there deep in her thoughts Dasha could not shake the feeling off of her. No matter how hard she tries, it stain that is unwilling to disappear from her memories. Her lips trembled at the mark he left; never has she experienced something such as this. He has so much more power than she does and to encounter someone somewhat similar to her…it’s daunting.

She usually felt like the odd woman out regardless of the level or status people feared her here just like they do out there in the world. If she was ever exposed Dasha will be running for the rest of her life, forget about Tony—she has seen the fear within him too.

True, he remained the arrogant asshole she came to fallen for, but there are times when he has tip toed around her. Forget about him chanting mathematical or scientific equations; it was the reason behind that trick that has gotten her worried. He does it to protect himself from her, to avoid having her dig deep into his emotions to truly discover that he fears her.

He’s not special. Tony Stark will never understand her not in the magnitude of actually having this DNA within her. The poor man has shrapnel within him that can be easily removed in a surgical procedure; she has seen it many times.

But she can’t get rid of her powers there will be nothing to hide and to be with a man that has the spotlight on him more than anyone else on the planet. Such a stupid move!

Her chest starts to tighten. What if this is all a ruse to get her into some prison cell? To lure her in thinking that she has somewhere to belong and betray her in the end…No, that’s what Loki wants her to think. She can hear his cynical laughter in her head; grinding her teeth she clutches her head as she reminded herself that none of her thoughts were true.

She was loved, wanted, understood for the most part. Why would they train her only to destroy her?

Yet again—why did they monitor her for so long? If she ever made one wrong move she would have disappeared from the planet. Given some freak accident excuse or have her family and friend pinned against her. Jak was her overseer during those years in that hospital. Hell, she doesn’t even know if Jak is his real name.

“Stop it!” She screamed, glass shattered as she throws it across the room. Her chest heaving as tears beckoning to spill over; when her door opened she jumped in surprise when she sees Jak standing there with a serious expression on his face. Wiping the few spilled tears, she hissed, “What?”

“Romanoff got info out of Loki. He wants to unleash the Hulk.” That snapped her back as she remembered the first thing Fury told her. She has to contain ‘him’ no matter what the cost. Instantly she followed Jak into the laboratory where Bruce was pointing at the screen demanding to know why they were building weapons of mass destruction.

In shock herself, she took a few steps forward standing next to Thor as she murmured, “What the hell?” Anger bubbled within her as she glanced upon Fury and just a single thread of thought questioned; what if she was right about before? Can she trust these people?

“It’s because of him.” Fury pointed at Thor who looked bewildered as to why he was picked. As he went on, Fury shared that there are people in this world that can’t be controlled or matched. Dasha furrowed her brows when she felt a few eyes landing on her.

Shuffling, she crossing her arms. “I hope you aren’t talking about me.” She narrowed her eyes at her so called leader.

“You and people like you, Swan. This shouldn’t be news to you.” His cold and direct tone threw her off.

“So what are you going to do? Stalk every threat out there to see who can be your weapon of choice? I bet that you took care of people like me in the past that decided not to join your little team.” Rage filled her as she zeroed in on the Director. Fearlessly standing there, he shifted more towards her to reply in simplicity.

“I don’t pick and choose if that’s what you are thinking. A threat is a threat-”

“What if I don’t believe you?.” She cut him off, tension brewed in the air.

The Director stiffly advised her, “Step down, Agent. That’s an order.” Nothing got her boiling than this moment of truth. She felt like he’s hiding something and he knew that.

Jak placed a hand on her shoulder knowing that she is running high on the emotions circling this room. “Take a breather, Dash.” She never realized she was shaking up until then.

“We are all considered threats. Every single one of us is on the watch list.” Natasha threw a look her way seeing how frazzled Dasha appeared. That comment threw everyone back to the previous fight before Dasha walked in. Slowly the group stood in a circle as her eyes made contact with the scepter. Taking steps towards it, she felt it pulse. It was like a heartbeat. Her gloved hand reached out until Bruce brought her back out of it when he held it within his hands. Cautiously she stepped back as the room became quiet again.

“Put down the scepter.” Her instincts kicked in as her hand grazes her gun, still eying the relic. Suddenly, a ring brought Banner back as he placed it down sarcastically inputting that they wouldn’t see his magic trick today as he tended to what the monitored showed.

Dasha took incentive when Tony slapped Steve’s arm away from him, warning Tony she is only pushed behind him. She then stood between them, “Stop acting like children! The both of you or I swear I will gladly show you my party trick!”

Then the next thing she hears is Bruce’s whisper of surprise before her body is blown back hitting a large beam. Head first, all breath is taken out of her as she lies on the floor. Adrenaline pulsing through her veins, thankfully to ignore if there is any severity to any injuries. Tony staggered as he rushed towards Dasha to see if she’s alright.

“I’m fine.” Stumbling to gain her ground, she quickly regained her steps as she sprinted alongside Tony and Steve towards the engine. On their way over, Tony decided to split up in order to suit up. Dasha instinctively stepped in his direction until he firmly told her, “Go with ‘em. I’ll be right there.”

This wasn’t a time for her to become some clingy girlfriend; she knows what he’s capable of. He can take care of himself.

Running side by side with Steve, she heard the confirmation of Agent Hill that engine three needed repairs. Letting her mind settle, brushing off the nagging voice within her head. She bit the inside of her lip impatiently watching Steve ripped the door open letting the trapped engineers escape. Welcomed by a bitter cold wind, she shut her eyes for a moment before slipping on the oxygen mask.

“Stark we’re here!” Steve yelled as they looked onward to see Tony flying in his suit getting closer to the engine.

“Yeah, yeah I see ya. Get a closer look on the panel, would ya?”

Dasha glanced at the height difference knowing full well that she isn’t equipped or athletic enough to make those leaps and to hell for asking the Captain himself to carry her alongside him. “I’ll cover you.” She shouted to Steve as he looked back curious as to what she was going to do.

He nodded before naturally leaping into the air grabbing hold to the bar and swinging himself up to the higher deck. “I would never have made it.” She murmured to herself.

“You have other talents, sunshine. Keep eyes on deck.” Dasha rolled her eyes as she stand off to the side waiting and listening for intruders. Usually she would let her mind reach for potential threats, but having Loki on board really spooked her to refrain from using too much.

With her eyes glued to the door only hearing small snippets of what the two are saying until she heard something along the lines of Tony actually pushing the propeller. Furrowing her eyes, her attention got stolen as she looked up in the air. “Did I just hear that you are going inside? Are you fucking insane, Tony?”

“Relax, you act like I haven’t done anything like this before.”

“Don’t remind me.” She scolded.

Flexing her fingers to shake off her nerves they were somewhat settled when Tony further explained that there is a red lever that would stop the propellers enough for him to fly off. She still didn’t like the idea. Dasha grew pale when a voice echoed in her ear, “The Hulk and Thor are in research level and levels two and three are dark..”

“Shit.” She cursed lowly, this is all spiraling out of control. Bruce wasn’t contained and she failed, instead of following Tony she should have made sure that Bruce was okay. Maybe she would have some effect on him. He can destroy and easily take down this ship if he wanted to.

Her back stiff as a rod as she glanced at the door she is guarding waiting for anyone to come through. Her thumb easily switching off the safety as she pointed at the only entrance of them coming through.

Then she heard Fury’s voice, “Agent Swan check on our prisoner. I have a bad feeling about this.”

“Copy that.” Her eyes darted to Steve as she relayed the information. “I’m going to head out.”

“Be careful!” Giving him a nod, she bolted as fast as her legs can carry her. Arms shifted to accommodate for the gun that she has in her hands. Stopping every so often to check her surroundings, her gun pointed as fires were shot.

Taking cover pressing her back against the wall she took a deep breath. Swiftly poking out and firing several shots before she felt someone hit her from behind. Winded, she staggered to the ground she twisted her head to see the man covered head to toe in black. She knew that she isn’t fast enough to shoot or knock him off balance and in that moment her mind linked with his.

He froze, stiff in his posture confused and frustrated as to what is going on before blood gushed out of his nose and ears. Seconds later he gurgled blood out of his mouth before falling over. Panting, she nervously stood up, gun in hand as she continued on her way.

As she reached the corridor she anticipated what she will find next; astounded to see Coulson there with a massive weapon in his arms. Raising her gun up, “Don’t move, Loki. Put your hands in the air. Now!” Standing beside Coulson ignoring her rapid heartbeat, her eyes flickered to something that is inside the cage to see Thor there.

Cursing mentally again, her shoulders slackened for a second which caused Loki to laugh. Focusing her attention on him again, he smirked in her direction as if he knew what she is thinking.

“You like this?” Coulson raised up the weapon for emphasis, slowly taking steps towards the god of mischief. Dasha tagging along as his cover. “We started the design after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don’t know what it does. Care to find out?”

Dasha tried to remain calm as Loki continued to gaze at her. No matter what Coulson said, his eyes never wavered from hers. Raising her gun aimed to his head, readying herself for that final moment. Hearing the whirling sound beside her; her heart skipped a beat when the next sound she heard was a sickening noise of metal piercing flesh.

Losing her breath, she turned to lose her composure having the sight of Loki’s scepter going through Coulson. Thor’s cries were deafening as anger started to rise. Her mind no longer maintaining the control it had, scratching and beating against the walls the god put up within his mind.

Never realizing she dropped her weapon, she went for the attack. Bare fists as she swung with all her strength, losing traction when it face with nothing forcing her body to twist in a half circle. Just enough to become vulnerable. A loud scream erupted from her lips as her head snapped back from the force of Loki pulling on her hair.

“I told you, you would be of good use to me.” He chuckled and that is the last thing she remembers as something envelops her into complete darkness.

Thor roared, banging on the glass cage. He wanted to save at least one person and seeing her eyes turn from brown to the swirling bright blue. The golden god knew that she is now a servant of Loki’s. “You will pay for this.” He hissed.

Loki laughed taking his scepter and sauntered to the panel once again, Dasha obediently following behind him. “Oh, I have just begun.” Pressing the control switch it released the cage Thor is within as he watched it fall to its imminent doom.

Satisfied with the results he achieved Loki turned to make his escape with one of his valuable assets following him like a lost pup. “You are going to lose.” A hoarse whisper reached his ears, Dasha naturally reached for her other gun and hoisted the weapon to fire.

“Want me to shoot him?” Her bright blue eyes luring at the wounded agent.

The god raised his arm to block her from doing anything before looking down at the puny pathetic human that held such a resolution that they were going to win. “Am I?”

Blood dripping down the corner of his mouth, he murmured, “It’s in your nature…and that so called plan of yours…Dasha won’t be much use for you.”

“I highly disagree. Your heroes are scattered, your flying fortress falls from the sky. I now have one of your most valuable heroes under my control…where is my disadvantage?”

Coulson pursed his lips and said, “You lack conviction.”

Clearly seeing Loki beginning to fume, “I don’t thi-” before he can continue on, an orange beam shoots out from the weapon Coulson had on his lap. The god flew back falling into debris from the hole he made. Dasha quickly made her way to her master as Coulson bitterly smiles, “So that’s what it does.” His vision starts to blur as he sees Agent Swan head towards Loki and in truth he hopes this doesn’t have a bitter end.

Dasha and Loki leisurely make their way to the pad where the quinjets were located. “I assume you know how to fly one of these contraptions?”

“That I do, sir.” Easily complying, she sat in the pilot seat not once looking back as the jet hovered before taking off into the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Feel like a complete douche leaving it hanging like that for months at a time. I promised to update in the summer and I failed. So crazy! I am so sorry! But after going to the small event where they announced Act 3 of Marvel I nearly had a heart attack. I had my fingers crossed for Captain America playing out the Civil War because that would totally be perfect for Tony and Dasha! Because if you dont' know Tony is totally for the law of passing of mutants and everyone alike that with special powers to register themselves and be out in the open while the Cap himself is opposed to it. Oh the tension that will ensue between Tony and Dasha possibly Dash siding with Steve...who knows! I cannot wait! Anyways enough of that excitement I still need to finish the Avengers arc and then the IM3 arc which I have been plotting from my time off when an idea comes to me so it's not a total vacay from the stories.

Anyways....

thank you for the ones that commented,

BlueDreams

greyeyes-darkskies

kuppcake45

popcandy07

Katie Mosing