Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Dammit Jak

The smell of death was everywhere as Dasha looked at her patient who was pale as a ghost as she stated "Time of death 6:05 pm." she watched one of the nurses cover the small girl's body with a blanket as she was wheeled out of the room. This was one of the hardest things she had to do and that was to call the parents and tell them the grave news.

As she walked to her office with a grim expression she took the file out of the cabinet that had Sasha Wright written on the top. Searching for the number on the contact information she saw the home phone number as she dialed the numbers waiting for one of the parents to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" it came out as a low murmur Dasha had to take a second before she responded not knowing if the person on the other line said anything at all.

"Uh, yes this is Sasha's doctor Dasha Swan who am I speaking to?"

"Dr. Swan how may I help you?"

The doctor leaned back in her chair "I called to inform you that Sasha has passed away this evening in her sleep." she paused hearing the low breathing on the other line "You still there?"

The person on the line let out a sob "Y-Yes I am. Are you sure?" it sounded like a woman from the sound of things and hearing her cracked voice made it even harder for the woman to confirm what she had said previously "Yes."

"Oh God." the woman wailed as there was ruffling in the background as she continued to cry.

Dasha fidgeted in her chair as she apologized to the mother that was on the other line "I'm sorry for your loss. You can come by tomorrow to settle any payme-"

"That's all you can think about? Getting your fucking paycheck? My daughter just died and all you can think of is money. That is so typical of you doctors. I bet you didn't even try to save her." Dasha knew this was routine so she stayed quiet as the mother threw a fit.

Listening to every word the woman said she didn't take to consideration she was doing her job that was all. Of course she felt horrible that little Sasha died but she couldn't let it affect her work so many people die each day it's a part of life and when she tried to continue tell the woman about dealing with the arrangements of her little daughter's body all she got from the mother was a spiteful reply.

"Go to hell."

That was it.

Sighing, she hung up the phone before getting up from her chair to stretch her body hearing the cracks in several places in her back. "How did it go?" Dasha peered one eye open seeing Jak was standing at the entry of her office in worry.

"That bad?"

"It's always that bad. Well, I'm going to head home to get my seven hours of sleep before I come back here again. See you in a little while."

Jak eyed his best friend in worry "Don't you think you are stretching yourself too thin? You have been here for 48 hours after the incident of Scott having a meltdown." watching her put on her coat.

"It's part of the job Jackie." it was her only reply as she left her coat open as she gathered her belongings as she walked to the exit giving a pat on her best friend's shoulder "Think you can pick up Willow after school tomorrow? My dad called me a few hours ago asking me and since my shift starts at that time."

Jak smiled "Consider it done. Now go home. You look like shit."

Dasha chuckled as she rubbed her tired eyes "Will do." she took off walking out of the hospital waving at some of the employees that bided her goodbye until she came back again. She was one of the top workers in her wing because of her constant hours of being at the hospital.

The woman started to think she should have a blanket and pillow stashed in her office since the hospital is basically her second home. Dasha would never sleep in one of the empty rooms that use to be occupied by one of their patients that would give her the creeps she usually she would sleep on her desk and wake up with a stiff neck.

She rubbed the sore spot as she climbed into her car hearing her phone go off again glancing down she scoffed as she started her car. It stopped ringing before it started to blare again showing that it was Tony calling her what was the matter with him? Why did he call her at the most inconvenient times?

As she came across a red light she turned off the phone as she continued to drive home and once she was finally home she plopped on her bed not changing her clothes as fatigue consumed her body. Once she woke up from her sleep with the alarm waking her up she waved her arm around slamming on the annoying clock before getting up.

Blowing the honey brown hair out of her face she walked to the bathroom to refresh herself, Dasha wanted to lecture herself for not putting some type of bandana or scarf to keep her hair from becoming so damaged in the morning. The joys of having a nappy head she thought.

Brushing her hair with a comb wincing every once and a while when the brush went through a tangle in her hair. The woman sprayed her hair with leave in conditioner as she started to scrunch up her hair to leave it in a curly state since she was too lazy to straighten it today or do anything with it. Once she was done she continued brushing her teeth and washing her face before walking out of the bathroom to change her clothes.

Putting on her work clothes and throwing off the dress that she had for the last couple of days she couldn't believe she had that one for so long. Her body felt like it could breathe again as the constricting fabric released itself from her body as she took it off. Dasha put on a simple pencil skirt and a nice peach colored blouse with ruffles along the V neck and down the middle.

Putting on the blazer that went along with the suit so keep her from the cold since the sun didn't hit her eyes this morning she knew it might be a little chillier today. Finally done she walked down the stairs as she went into the kitchen to grab herself a granola bar before she headed out the door.

As she finally arrived at the hospital she saw Jak walking her way with the folders all ready to go "Anything happen while I was gone?" she asked scanning through many of the folders that were in her hands

"Not out of the ordinary other than John having a slight breathing problem during the night but that was taken care of." Jak didn't go into details knowing that as long as it was taken care of Dasha wouldn't worry too much about it. She did trust Jak with his knowledge since he has been working by her side since she has gotten this job.

"There is a new patient though."

Dasha slowed her pace as they walked into the elevator "Another one?" raising a brow before she cursed "Just because one patient dies doesn't entitle them to assign me a new patient." usually the doctor that had the least patients was handed the newest patients unless someone directly wanted a certain doctor under their care of in critical condition which Dasha took care of the most.

"This one actually demanded you for their doctor." he muttered avoiding her gaze when her honey brown eyes looked at the blue eyed man that was standing right next to her. Sighing, they walked out of the elevator as it opened up on the last floor.

"Where is this patient of mine? Any files?" stretching her hand out for the single file that Jak had in his hand. He bit his lip putting the manila folder behind his back "Room 114. I think you should see the patient before I give you the file."

Dasha narrowed her eyes as she murmured "I don't have time for this." storming over to the room she opened the door doing her normal greeting "Good morning I'm Dasha Swan I'll b-" she paused when she saw the person sitting in one of the plastic chair giving her their usual smirk.

"Hello there sunshine."

Dasha frowned as she turned around seeing that Jak locked the door behind her giving her apologetic look she ran towards the glass window demanding "What the hell is going on? Open the damn door Jak!"

Jak mouthed an apology before he walked away scared for his life when he was going to release them later after they were done with their conversation. Tony had a way with words and he played the poor blue eyed man like a fiddle telling him that Dasha wouldn't return his calls leaving him heartbroken thinking that she hated him.

Jak being the softie caved promising that he will figure out a way for them to talk one on one without distractions or any chance of the dark skin woman from storming away. The only bad thing was that Tony was stuck in there with Dasha and when she was pissed she gets a bit monstrous. All he hoped for was that Tony came out in one piece.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh sneaky sly Jak, what a little devil or that is what Dasha is thinking...well her mind would be cussing the daylights out of her so called friend haha. Thanks for the comments BlueDreams and punkrockerballerina. You girls are amazing and love you both for it and more.