Seize The Day

No More Pain

"Wake up guys, showtime in thirty minutes." I mumbled to the five rock stars in their bunks. We were in Houston, Texas marking us completely done with the tour with Asking Alexandria and Hollywood Undead. Today was not my day. I woke up this morning to find a text from my boyfriend of eleven months saying he was leaving me for someone else. I could already tell this day wasn't going to get any better. I sat down on the couch on the bus, not being my usual chipper self. Matt walked in the room shirtless and cracked open a beer.

"What's up with you today? You feeling okay?" He asked with serious regards. The guys were always looking out for me and I appreciated that. They were all like my big brothers.

"Kyle dumped me for some slut today. But it's whatever I guess."

"I always knew he was a douchebag. But hey, you got us and that's all that matters, right? Have a beer and forget about it, T." I caught the beer he tossed at me and took a sip. "If it makes you feel any better, Val and I got into it again last night. I keep having these suspicions she's cheating on me. We all know shes famous for that."

Val and Matt had been together forever. They were a pretty adorable couple, but Val was known to sleep around. Matt genuinely loved her, but I knew their relationship was taking a toll on him. He proposed to her not too long ago, and I secretly housed my desire for them to break up. See, I've had a crush on Matt ever since I moved to Cali. He'd been dating Val as long as I remembered, but I never attempted to make a move because honestly, Val intimidated me. I thought she was prettier, smarter, just in general better than me. And Matt loved her. I would never do anything to make Matt unhappy.

Soon, I walked the guys up to the stage and wished them luck, and watched as my five best friends went on stage to do what they love most.

----------------------------

I looked at the clock that read 12:37am and tried to drown out Matt's argument with Val outside the bus. The other guys were asleep, Matt and I were always the last ones to go to bed. I knew things were heated when Matt stormed inside the bus and threw his phone against the wall. "Matt, are you okay? Wanna talk?"

He took a spot next to me on the couch and rested his head on my shoulder. I knew he was upset.

"Fucking bitch. She ADMITTED to cheating on me with some prick! I told her the engagement was off. I never want to see her again. I gave her my whole fucking life and she doesn't even care! I swear the bitch stayed with me for the money. I gave her everything she ever wanted, I treated her like a goddamn princess, I never said no to anything she wanted, and this is how she repays me. Fuck."

I pushed his head off my shoulder and turned to face him. "Matt, she's fucking crazy. You were the boyfriend every girl dreamed about and if she would do that, then she's obviously crazy. Forget about her. I know it's gonna be hard but you know I'm here. You will find a girl one day that will love you as much as you can love. I promise." I gave him a tiny smile and hugged him. As much as I wanted to be that girl, I knew it would never happen.

"Thanks, Taylor. Love you." He squeezed his big arms around me and we layed like that untill we eventually fell asleep.