Status: New.

Why?

Like A Knife That Cuts You The Wound Heals But That Scar Remains.

Shelby stood on the curb, the cars whipped by blowing her short red hair over her angelic pale face. She used to walk on this street every single day on her way to high school. She would always wonder what it would be like to walk in front of one of the big trucks as they drove past her, but then her mind would wander to wondering what her sister Madison would do if she died. At only sixteen Madi would be scarred for life, haunted with the memory of a sister she lost too soon. The beautiful blonde girl wouldn’t know how to move on if she lost someone so close. But now, as Shelby stands on this curb all she can think about is putting herself out of her misery. She can’t help but be selfish, after so many years of trying to fight off her demons it’s time to accept them, time to stop fighting and just let go. Taking a deep breath she looks to the oncoming traffic. Once she spots a large dump truck she starts counting. 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… 10… 11… 12… As soon as she gets to twelve she looks up again, the truck is close enough, it won’t be able to stop now. Shelby takes another deep breath and jumps onto the road she turns her body toward the truck and closes her eyes.

Image

Walking into Shelby’s funeral you would have thought it was for a celebrity. She had touched so many lives and she didn’t even know it. Hundreds of people gathers inside and outside of the small church that her family grew up going to. The church she would have gotten married in with her boyfriend when he finally grew the balls to pull out the ring he bought months prior in hopes of having the girl of his dreams in his arms for eternity. The church she watched her sister get baptised in, the church she was baptised in. So many good memories are now clouded with this tragic news of a lost girl who couldn’t be saved.

Madi sat in the back room waiting for the service to begin. She hasn’t said a word to anyone since she heard the news; she hasn’t answered her boyfriend’s worried calls. This is the first time she’s come out of her bedroom unless it was for the bathroom or water. She hasn’t eaten in a week and can’t bring herself to accept the devastating news. Madison is simply waiting patiently for her big sister, the woman she wanted to be exactly like, to walk in the room full of people and ask where the beer was. She just wanted a hug from her sister and now she can never have that again.

Madison walks with her family to the front seats of the church. She puts her hand on the seat next to her making it clear that the spot was reserved. Madi was waiting for her sister still and Shelby would have been pissed if she came and found she couldn’t sit in the front row.

As the service begins the young teen’s mother looks at her with worried eyes, wondering why the seat is empty. She knows very well that her youngest daughter is in denial and is probably remembering how she would only sit next to her sister in church. The pastor steps forward before a video of Shelby’s life starts to play in front of the packed room full of mourners.

Her sweet angelic face smiles down on the room, laughing and happy. The only way anyone ever knew her. Nobody knew that Shelby had depression, nobody knew about the cuts up and down Shelby’s arms, nobody knew how long this young girl had been suffering. All they knew was that they had lost a beautiful ray of sunshine and that no one ever noticed how her light had been flickering out for ever so long.

Image

As soon as she gets home Madi runs to Shelby’s room, hoping to find the girl sitting on her bed drawing in her sketch book. But the room is empty and the bed is unmade, the way it had been left the day Shelby had gone for a walk and never returned. Realisation washes over Madison like a tsunami and she collapses to the floor in body shaking sobs of sorrow. Her sister is gone, forever and there is absolutely nothing she can do to change it. Her sister, her best friend, her role model, her idol taken from her by the hands of death. Madison’s mother rushed up the stairs at the sound of her only living daughter’s sobs, when she reaches Madison she falls to her knees beside her baby girl in her lost child’s room.

Suddenly unable to take it anymore Madi stands up and walks to Shelby’s bed, she rips the covers off the mattress and pulls the fragile sheet to her chest as more sobs escape her mouth unwillingly. Madison doesn’t know what to think, what to feel or what to do now that Shelby is gone. Shelby was her rock and now she is on her own. She crawls into her sisters bed and lets the sobs shake her body until she falls asleep, unable to take the thought of a world as an only child.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am unsure whether to make this into a story or if I should just leave it as is, I do have ideas for it if you decide you like it then we can turn it into something more but otherwise, here's my short.
comment, if you want it to turn into a story subscribe. :) thanks guys <3