Priceless Love

Bad Luck

After being to hundreds of places in the UK. I finally made it to my last stop... of the day.....

The magnificent Eiffel Tower. It was actually very hard to believe that I, Calliandra Roberts, was standing right in front of the glory. Me. The normal and ordinary girl from the small town of Greensburg, Kansas. Where the population is 777 people. Nothing could make this moment better except....

"Callie!!!!!"

I turned around and was instantly knocked over by a petite figure.

"Jenny!" I said enthusiastically. I got up and brushed myself off before I stuck my hand out for her.

Jenny was my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We met when we were both 7 years old, after an incident involving splattering paint.

"Ah, Cal! I've missed you so much!!"

I chuckled at her words. "You know it's only been 2 days right?"

"I know that, but just thinking that we were going to college together... at Cambridge! Cambridge! That's like one of the best universities in the entire world!!"

"I know, it's amazing how far we've gotten over the years." I said smiling. Jenny and I were both super geniuses. We took all A.P. classes in high school, and graduated with a 4.7 GPA, being tied for valedictorian. I had to admit, we were geeks.

"Just think, two girls, going to college, living together, and maybe even partying?" Jenny asked with a giggle.

"Haha, very funny, but you know what our parents said, "You are only going to a different college for education. Not for drinking, partying, and meeting boys."" I said, quoting what my dad told us before we boarded on our plane.

"Uggg! You gotta stop being so uptight Cal. Lighten up more. We are 17 years old and we're gonna be spending 4 freaking years here. We are practically adults now. What your dad says has nothing on us!" Jenny said annoyingly.

"Hey, being uptight runs in the family." I laughed.

"Oh so hey, I gotta visit my Nana now, so I'll see you tomorrow. Text me the details. Bye." Jenny said, before turning around and catching a cab.

I sighed. I almost forgot about the beauty of the Eiffel Tower. After taking some quick picture of it, I decided to grab a bite to eat before I headed back to the hotel. A.K.A. my temporary home, since I was going to search for an apartment with Jenny tomorrow.

Across from where I was, I saw a McDonalds restaurant. Wow, they at least have fast food here.

I ran across the streets in order to reach the greasy food joint, and ended up ordering 10 pices of chicken nuggets and an iced mocha.

I decided to eat before going "home" so I sat in one of the booths and quietly nibbled on my food. All was peaceful until...

"I WANT A BIG MAC!!!"

"ORDER ME A LARGE FIZZY DRINK!!"

"DON'T FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU EAT!!"

"I WANT EVERYTHING!!!"

"GIVE ME SOME NUGGETS!!!"

Five boys walked into the empty restaurant as loud as elephants, which I thought was pretty pathetic. However, I could help but glance over at them. One guy had blond hair, and striking blue eyes. Another had curly brown hair, green eyes and a small dimple. The third guy had black hair and very mysterious brown eyes. The next had brown hair, and blue eyes. The last guy had curly brown hair and brown eyes to match.

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts when I realized that the dimple guy noticed me staring. He winked at me. I could feel the blood rush up to my cheeks as I quickly jerked my head away from them.

Ewwww. I cannot believe that dimple dude thought that I was checking him out. That was disgusting. And he was disgusting for winking at me. How cheeky.

I had finished 3/10 of my chicken nuggets, and 1/4 of my mocha, when the 5 boys got their foods (I'm a very slow eater.) From the corner of my eye, I could see them coming in my direction.

No. No, no, no, no, no. I shut my eyes together hoping that they weren't going to go where I thought they were going to go.

Guess what? Turns out, I have bad luck. Because they ended up taking a seat in the booth right behind me.

---

I could not concentrate on eating. The boys behind me were acting like super madmen. They did look like they were over 15, however, I swear they are a bunch of 5 year old kid. They were driving me insane.

"Oh Harry, stop it! We are in public."

"Niall, stop taking my food!!"

"After we eat, we have to head back to the hotel."

"Oh yeah! Why does Paul want us to meet with him so early in the morning?"

"Omm nomm nomm. This is good food!"

I seriously couldn't take it anymore. Frustrated, I took my 5 remaining nuggets, and my half empty mocha and threw it away. I then went back to the booth, grabbed my bag and headed out for the door. I could feel eyes on me as I stopped infront of the door and pulled my iPhone out of my bag. It was 10:00 p.m.. Why wasn't I even tired? Oh yeah, stupid jet lag. I then text Jenny to meet at Cambridge University tomorrow, so we could take a tour of the school and then go apartment searching at 6 o'clock in the morning.

I guess I had time to kill, since I was hardly even tired, so I went out of McDonalds and on a walk. Exploring the wonderful world of the U.K.......

---

I walked back to the hotel happy. The walk I took really calmed me down. I checked the time on my phone. 10:47. And I wasn't the least bit tired. I wanted to walk up the stairs to my floor, but it was too far up and I felt lazy. So I took the elevator.

This hotel must be very busy at night because I waited 5 minutes just to find an empty one, without a over load of people. I quickly pressed the floor 76 button, and just as the elevator doors were about to close, a hand stopped it. The doors reopened and some guys asked, " Mind if we come in?"

I shook my head in response and motioned for the five guys standing to come in. As the door closed, I felt the elevator move. When we were at the 43rd floor I suddenly feel a rumble below. I then hear a loud thud and the elevator stops. The lights go out.

---

Somehow, I'm strangely calm, but I could feel the tension and nervousness from the guys next to me. So, I pull out a flashlight from my purse (Ahh, my bag must have everything in it...), and set it on the ground to fill the entire elevator with light. Just as I was about to sit on the carpeted floors. I feel another rumble below. And one of the guys in the elevator loses it and starts shrieking like mad, while another guy is trying to calm him down. I looked up at the shrieking maniac. And then it hit me...

"After we eat, we have to head back to the hotel."

Oh lord, I really have bad luck because I realized that I am stuck in the same elevator with the same obnoxious, crazy boys from McDonalds. Now I start to panic...
♠ ♠ ♠
hiiii:) hope you guys enjoy! this story can also be found on Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1881711-priceless-love-one-direction-fanfiction

I usually post there first, then here.