Status: More coming soon! :)

Take Cover

A New Beginning

Image

"Dammit, get your lazy ass out of bed! You are going to be late for your modeling gig!"Jasey said has she ran into the room and jumped on me.

"Ugh." was the only thing I managed to get out of my mouth.

"Come on, hoe. I can't let you be late." Jasey said as she opened the curtains to let the sun wake me up.

I opened my eyes and hissed at that god forsaken sunlight and pulled the blankets over my head.

I moved in with Jasey when I turned eighteen last October because I hated living on the streets. My mom died a while ago and my dad got remarried to a blond whore with a big rack, of course, and she spent all of his money. They got a divorce then decided that they wanted to get back together, and also decided that they didn't need to have a ten year old girl living with them. My dad has always said it was because I looked too much like my mom and he couldn't handle it, I knew that was bullshit. I ended up being in the foster system for a few years and decided to run away because I was tired of all of the abuse and shit that I had to deal with. I then, was homeless for a couple months when I was seventeen but shortly after my eighteenth birthday Jasey moved out and invited me to stay with her. She is my rock and my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

Anyways, back to my morning.

After I convinced myself that I needed to get up, I took a quick shower and got ready for the gig. This is my first major shoot and I did not want to screw this up for myself.

"Jasey! You are coming with me today, correct?" I yelled out of my bedroom loud enough for her to hear me.

"Fuck yes I am. Do you really think I would ditch you on your big day, mama?" she said as she walked into my room. "But I have one thing to ask for in return.. If A-"

"Yes, if Alan is there I will set you up with him." I knew this was coming. Alan Ashby has been one of my friends since I was young. We were in one of the many foster homes that I was put in when I was little and has always had my back since then. He is the one good thing that came out of all of the bullshit that I was put through. I love that ginger to death and I think him and Jasey would be a perfect match.

"I just can't promise that he will be there. He said that he was modeling for his friends clothing line, if he was in town. But I have not heard anything from him in a few days." I shrugged and continued blow drying and straightening my hair. I throw on an outfit and ran out of our small two bedroom apartment to my black Jeep Cherokee. I pulled out my CD case and popped in the new Memphis May Fire CD, The Challenger and let the music surround us.

"Seriously, I am so proud of you, babes. You seriously deserve to have this gig," she said in an excited tone. I kind of think she is even more excited than I am for this. "After let's celebrate. I will find us a good party to attend, or even get my friends in Blessthefall to come over and play some beer pong."

"How can I say no to such a lovely offer?" I seriously needed something to celebrate a monumental event in my life. Modeling has always been something I wanted to do.

As we pull into the parking lot I see the welcoming smile of a familiar, sassy, ginger. He ran over to me to give me a hug and pick me up. I could sense the jealousy radiating off of her but brushed it aside. Alan is like a big brother, she has nothing to worry about. He then smiled and hugged Jasey but I could still tell that she wasn't satisfied with what she got.

Alan grabbed my hand and I grabbed Jasey's as we walked into the building. Alan explained that his friend Austin Carlile was stoked to have us model his clothing and was extremely happy when he saw my photos.

When we got into the builing a young woman, who looked to be not too much more than twenty, handed Alan and I clothing to change into and someone did my makeup and fixed my hair to the photographer's liking.

During the shoot they had me hugging Alan and him picking me up. I couldn't help but feel awful for Jasey who was stuck watching us and I could tell that she was becoming more upset as the day went on. When it was lunch time I had her go and call her friend Jarred who is in Blessthefall and invite them to come over tonight. Taking advantage of this opportunity, I pulled Alan aside and talked to him.

"So, basically what you are saying is that your friend has a big crush on me and you are trying to put us on a date?" he asked confused.

"Yes that is completely accurate. So, what do you say? She really is a sw-" I tried to explain but was uninterrupted by him.

"Of course! I think she is hot as hell but way too good and not into me," he said. "This is such great news!"

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Austin walking over to us and that was the end of that.

"Hey guys! Sorry I am late, got caught in traffic. But I am here and ready to take some pictures!" he exclaimed then looked at me. "Dammit Alan, when you showed me Marilyn's photos you did not tell me she is this hot!"

I just stood there blushing and tried to hide my face.

"Sorry if I just made things awkward," Austin kindly apologized. "I just was not expecting such a beautiful creature to be put into my presence." How cheesy. But for some reason it made me blush even more.

"It totally fine. I really don't mind. It is quite flattering to be honest." I said trying to not make any eye contact. Instead I just checked out this man from head to toe, as discretely as possible. He had to be at least six feet tall. He had shaggy brown hair, and was covered in tattoos on one arm and his tank top let the ones on his neck barely peek out. As I continued looking I noticed his extremely skinny legs and black skinnies and converse. He was my type of guy. Sure I have seen photos of him since he was in a band with my best friend, but I was never able to actually meet him.

"Uhmm, Sierra?" he asked while laughing. "I know you are checking me out but, uh, everyone is staring."

Shit. I could feel my cheeks heating up with embarrassment when I heard Jasey say "Stop checking him out and get some!" Austin laughed again and winked at me. "You know, our other model didn't show and we need someone to replace her. Your friend can join in if she wants."

My face instantly let a smile grow and I yelled for my best friend. "Austin said you can join us if you would like. Also, I talked to Alan and he said he has the hot for you. You better love me for this," I told her and led her over to Austin who then gave us directions.

As we made our way to the dressing room she told me she talked to her friends and the party is on and wanted to invite Austin and Alan as well. I nodded and let the crew put the rest of the makeup on her while I checked my instagram and updated my twitter. "Couldn't be more excited to model for @apireandcreate with my bestie @Jaseyy, @austincarlile and my sassy ginger, @alanashby."

When we got back to where the photographer was I quickly asked Alan and Austin if they wanted to join us tonight and told them that they could bring Aaron, Tino, and Phil too. The nodded their heads and we finished the shoot so the party could start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is such a awkward story so far! I have not written in a long while.
What do you guys think though?
I am bringing in Elliott in the next chapter too! ;D