Status: Is a book I am testing out.

Alpha Genes

My Mate

Denial is one of the easiest traps your mind can fall into. Once you are captured in it's snare, it is almost impossible to break out. So what must one do to show someone they are living a lie? What must you say to awaken them to reality? That's the question... That's my dilemma.

“They're home Vanity,” My brother whimpered, drawing my attention to his nervous form. He sat to the left of me at the head of the table where my mother would normally sit, but since they were so keen on making him alpha she gave up her spot to him, letting him show authority.

His hands were folded in his lap, mirroring my exact posture to the T, perfectly straight, anxiously waiting. His eyes darted back from me to the entry way hallway. I sat completely still, showing him how he must be, because I was his guide, I was his cheat sheet for when they arrived... Three-Two-One-
“Slam!” The door was shoved open with an uneasy thud and Sam jumped in his seat in surprise while I stayed in my perfect posture. He was panicking from the inside out and his composure was barely holding on. Oh crap, please don't let them see that.

Sure enough Celius sauntered into the room, a scowl on his face and Heaven trailing behind with the same look. “You need to use your wolf senses more accurately Son, you're an alpha so you must be aware at all times,” He scolded, while my mother frowned and made her way to her seat.

It's been over a month since we saw them last. They either got late and left early, or they just never came home at all. We preferred when they never came home.

Celius took one look at me, nodding in my direction as his 'hello' while Heaven said nothing at all. He took his seat at the other end of the table while my mother sat to his right... The opposite side of me.

Celius was a tall, broad man. He had the muscular body all alphas grew to own and the height all werewolves grew. A whopping six' four he was and my mother was catching up to him with her six' two height. She is the tallest woman in our pack, while I have barely reached five' seven, and I'd prefer to stay that way because speed is hard to achieve when they can knock your feet out from under you.
Celius is where I got the honey colored hair and bright green eyes. His hair was shaved to almost bald though, while his eyes popped out with every look. He had a very sharp face with muscular cheeks and a permanent scowl on his face. He was dressed in a black button up shirt and black dress pants, because business was a never ending job. His image fit the alpha title well.

Heaven was where Sam got his chocolate eyes and hair. She had long curls cascading down her back, with bangs that left her big brown eyes peaking out underneath. She passed on to me her full red lips and curvy figure, along with all the muscle. It was necessarily gross, but you knew not to screw with us when you saw it. She always walked with grace and speed, which made her all the better of a luna. She was dressed in a blue short sleeved button up and a gray knee length cotton skirt. She had obviously kicked her heels off at the door because she was now bare foot with panty hoes on.

So yes, my parents had the perfect image and they passed most of their looks onto my brother and I, but we could never be more different then them.

I never really grew up calling them mom and dad. They were never here and when they were they were scolding my brother for showing weakness... They pretended not to notice the silent exchanges between me and him.
Why do they keep staring?- Sam shouted in my mind, terror easy to hear, but I held my same natural expression, defiant against letting them see their effect on me. Their eyes slowly drifted between my brother and I, but I glanced down whenever I caught their eyes, despite my resistance of my wolf. We hated submitting and turning away from ones gaze shows weakness.

Calm down Sammy, you must not show them your nervous. An alpha does not submit and you will not. Understood?- My wolf led me in speaking to him. He nodded his head a bit, a mistake Celius caught and immediately knew we were exchanging words through the mind link. Sam learned to block everyone else out when communicating with me at the age of nine because it was easy to speak to me through the mind link. Alphas are the easiest to talk to. So thankfully he could not hear a word we were saying.

“Is there something wrong son?” Celius questioned, his hands clenched around his utensils and stabbed into the steak bleeding on his plate. My wolf eyes noticed the way his jaw clenched and I sent images of this to Sam through the link in hope of him learning to ketch these small movements. When Celius clenched his jaw it meant he wanted an answer now, or you would eventually regret it later.
“No, nothing is the matter Sir. Just surprised you're home today,” Sam answered without choking up despite how much his wolf shook at the thought of speaking to this alpha. His voice was deep and firm, like our fathers, but it was missing the power that came in the blood... The power that he was robbed of... By me.

“Well we have important news, that is why we came home early. It will effect both you, and your sister which Your mother and I have noticed the bond you two have. So we understand it is going to be difficult for you to take, despite your alpha blood,” He hinted. My blood immediately went cold... something was wrong and my wolf growled in suspicion. He was planning something. He was going to take our brother away from us.
What is he talking about Vannie?- Sam asked, his eyes darted to me, unease was flashing all over his face and some peeked out through mine. Heaven caught our exchange and she turned to me, her eyes narrowed but relaxed as her thoughts changed to something unknown to me. A uncommon smile spread over her face that was genuine and I regretfully cringed. My wolf scolded me but we waited, we stayed silent because one must listen to the announcement before getting defensive, rule one in fighting your battles... Celius taught me that.

“Well the first news we have is about Vanity. You have come to the age that your mate has started to feel the pull towards you. He has been searching for you for a while now and we encountered him on our trip. We believe we have found your mate, but he is the alpha of another pack,” Heaven spoke and I growled... Yes I growled at my ulna. My wolf longed for her mate but they were hiding something... I just knew it. They never agreed with the whole mate thing, that was why they rejected theirs before they even met them and married each other. Once you're marked, if it was by someone other than your mate, they lose the pull towards you and there is little chance of them ever finding you... They never found my parents.

Are you okay Vanity?- Sam asked, his voice full of worry. He was no longer looking at our parents but just me, because I was giving off mixed emotions, worry, happiness and terror. I was happy to find my mate, but he was an alpha which meant I would be a luna where my alpha nature could be sedated. Maybe this is good?

Celius looked at me, contemplating something, aware I had growled but he turned away deciding to ignore it. “Also our other news is the alpha that has claimed you is attending a camp for alpha's in training. He is quite young so he need the guidance, which we feel would be good for you too Sam. You will be leaving in a week.” Celius looked at his son proudly, but he frowned when he noticed Sam cowering in fear. Rage was radiating off of me throughout the whole room and my parents noticed it also. My wolf wanted to leap across the table and tear him to shreds for suggesting to take the omega from her. He was our pack, he was ours to protect. Not. Theirs.
“No he will not,” I snarled. My synthesizers grew into my wolf fangs, pointed and deadly. You could feel the power swirling around me from a mile away but that was a mistake... I could be blowing my cover.
“Vanity sit?” Sam attempted to order me to control the situation but it came out more of a question, leaving my wolf to choose whether or not to listen. He was smart. With one shaky breathe I seated myself back in my chair and looked at him great fully. He knew that would make my parents think the power was from him and I was just throwing a childish fit and he was using his alpha genes to make me listen. I taught him well.

“What ever has gotten over you Vanity, I suggest you remember your place. I am alpha and you are a omega, you gravel at my feet. You will never have the right to order me around,” He scolded, he was furious but more excited Sam showed signs of power, well my power I guess. I nodded my head despite how much my wolf wanted to show him his place but I bit my tongue. It is not my place!

Heaven turned back to me and sighed. “As we were saying, your mate saw a picture of our family and went ballistic at the meeting searching for us. He was in hope of you being there but was sadly disappointed. We reached an agreement with him that if he would allow Sam to go to the camp with him that we would send Vanity to his pack once it ended. It goes all summer long and you would be visiting the camp every now and again so you may meet him.”

Every ounce of my being wanted to jump at them and tell them I was the alpha, not him. He would stay with me, but I couldn't. I couldn't take something good away from him despite how dangerous it could be for both of us. We have never been more then a mile apart. Always together forever. He was the omega and I was the alpha... Yet we would always have to pretend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I posted a second chapter because I have aquired some subscribers and I had mercy on them:D hehe comments pleaaase!