Status: Is a book I am testing out.

Alpha Genes

My mother

The way he looked at me, as if he knew what I held inside. Every single ounce of me wished to take my place as the alpha but I just can't.
We waited for about twenty minutes on a guy that I dreaded was going to show up. His presence was not needed because I was not going to that stupid camp.

My breathe was shallow and my feet stomped around my bed room floor in my attempt of defiance. I was the alpha here, not these two boys. Yet my resistance was turning into a half attempt to defy my brother when I knew he would win... He had that effect on me.

“Knock knock!” A fist pounded on my door angrily, and we all assumed it would be this Rogger guy, but when Sam opened the door, my senses knew immediately it was not, when the familiar scent shot up my nostrils... A very alpha scent.

“Vanity, what is the meaning of this? Why is there a boy down stairs asking for you, and one sitting in your room?” My mother scowled. Her disapproval twisted in her perfect sculpted face. Her arms were crossed over her chest, shoulders still pulled up in a perfect posture and her lips were pressed together in a tight line.

“We are just discussing the awesome camp Sam is going to,” I replied cautiously. Sam coward away on my bed, his head hidden under the sheets as if it would protect him from our mothers scent, that scent him cowering away in fear. Her eyes darted over at him, his failed attempted not noticed because her gaze wavered over to Jack, lighting up when it dawned on her it was the Beta's son.

“Oh Jack, how are you dear? I see you are getting familiar with your future alpha. What in the world are you doing in my daughters room though?” She laughed, a fake ignorance in her voice.. She couldn't hide it from me though. I could smell the hidden suspicion, the anger that he would even waste his time near me and the anger that always seemed to rise around my own dear parents bubbled up again.

Sam's head suddenly popped out from underneath the blankets and his eyes instantly shot towards me, panic covering his glassy gaze. Jack followed Sam's movement, but so did my Mother right to me, who happened to be clenching her fists, a fake smile lining my face which Sam always saw past.

He knew my wolf was clawing at my skin, aching to show my mother I am the reason Jack is here, that he is MY Beta, not Sam's, and sure is hell not hers. Sam's eyes stared back at me from my mother, and I wished to tear them from her perfect head because she didn't deserve to have the eyes of my brother. His were so kind, loving and innocent while hers were evil, powerful and never truly opened to the truth. She only saw what she wished to.

“Is something wrong Vanity? It is very rude to stare an alpha in the eyes, even the Luna. Learn your place daughter because you will never do this to Sam or his future mate. Are we clear?” She hissed. Her eyes no longer on mine, but on Jack, daring him to speak up because he was shaking. My wolf could feel the unsteady rhyme of his heart beat, and I knew exactly why he was on the verge of shifting.

Calm down Jack, it's alright. She is your Luna, show her respect. I am okay, your alpha is fine!- I opened my link to Jack, shocking him into the calm beating of his heart and causing my mother to look at Sam, assuming he had calmed him.
“Well done Sam. It is a very good thing to have a Beta who is so loyal to his alpha that he does not allow even your sister to be upset. You two will take this pack far boys. I'll send Rogger up,” she grinned proudly at my brother. Sams wolf howled to me through the link, terrified of our mother but his loyalty to me wished to stand up to her and tell her it was I who calmed down the angry wolf, not him. The scents coming off both these boys should have told my mother everything about my alpha scent, but she refused to acknowledge it.

My wolf could smell almost every thought these boys had at the moment because their defenses were down, and the emotions flooding into me gave it away. Any other day I would slam my barriers up to block away the unwanted link, but at that moment when my mother walked out the door, I could feel the unyielding loyalty seeping from these wolves.. They were mine, my pack... So I didn't throw up a wall to keep them out. I let them in.

Jacks eyes widened into a gleeful grin, along with Sam, who let his wolf bark out loud in joy because they knew I had let go.. I would go to this camp and show my parents I was the Alpha, and I will fight for my pack. Bring it on Rogger.

“Hey guys, sorry it took me so long. The Luna scares the crap out of me!” A voice whispered, rushing into the room and all eyes turned to him. A familiar set of hazel eyes stared back at us, covered by a set of strong brows. His face was hard set in a square fashion, but he held a boyish set of dimples that the ladies loved. His hair was in curl rings all atop his head, a more dimmed version of a Afro.
It didn't take me long to pin point exactly why his face looked familiar. He was a member of our pack, but lets say he was one of the prouder ones... Higher up in the circle.

Rogger pierce, the biggest player in our pack. If he wanted a girl, well then he got her. He played that card very well and he took pride in the expensive polo shirts, and cackies he flaunted at school. On anyone else it would look nerdy but on him, well the girls thought it was hot the way it clung to his wolf given muscles.

“No worries man, but we are in need of some assistance,” Jacked cocked his head in my direction. Rogger followed his moment and stilled the moment his eyes met mine. My wolf growled because I could see the struggle he was having in keeping eye contact with me.
His mouth opened as if he wanted to speak, but he paused... Lowing his gaze to the floor finally and I let out an approved snort.

“Hold on just a second,” I ordered and rushed over to my stereo. My fingers pressed down on the start button, filling my room with a heavy metal band I knew none of them besides my brother was familiar with. The sound echoed around the room and gave us privacy from any unwanted hearers present in my house. -Cough,- mom -,Cough-.

They waited, none of them speaking, following my order and they didn't even realize it yet.
“Now you can speak,” My wolf purred in satisfaction that our wolves were obedient.
Jack glanced at me for a moment, realization dawning over his be-wild features and Rogger let out a wolfish whimper as he struggled to understand the alpha power radiating off of me.
“Well Rogger. You've just met our future alpha,” My brother grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry these are short. I am trying to give you guys updates as soon as possible. The comments made me want to update:D