Status: Is a book I am testing out.

Alpha Genes

The Beta to my Alpha

Rogger stared blankly at Sam, unable to truly take what Sam was saying to heart. Doubt laced his every scent, and I wanted to leap forward and send him to his knees from my strength, but I held back, if not for my will but for Sam's.
“Man she is not, you are dude. She's... Well she's a chick,” He pointed out. His gaze slid over to me, careful of my eyes but definitely not missing the view of everything else bellow my chin.
“My eyes are up here,” I growled, my lips tilted up and my fangs bared to him. He flinched from my voice before a hint of shock slid past his perfect posture. He was trying to pretend he didn't feel my wolf.
“What the hell?” He gasped. His eyes darted back and forth between us all, his denial slowly fading away to be replaced by panic and wonder. He cautiously took a step in my direction, his eyes met mine only for a moment with the unspoken question lingering in them.
“How have I not noticed this before?” He muttered. He walked even closer, wanting to lean in but not daring to without permission. My wolf liked that.
“You may proceed,” I nodded, and he waited no longer. He leaned his head down into my neck and inhaled my scent, a whimper escaped his lips and he stumbled back from his wolf's need to submit.
“It's awesome isn't it? Almost the entire pack has never noticed it because they assumed her scent was her brothers,” Jack grinned. My stomach was twisted in a knot from the way he kept looking at me. My wolf purred in satisfaction, but part of her knew he was not our mate. My wolf seems like a flirt.
“You're the omega then!” Realization dawned on Rogger's features. A flash of disgust flicker over his face and I roared in anger. My wolf took over my claws and teeth, growing to her liking. We lunged at him and shoved him against my closest door, my sharp claws digging into his neck.
“He may be the omega, but he is OUR omega. Which means we should treat him with respect and guard him with our life from other packs. The way our pack treats the weaker ones is shit and you will not treat him the same way. His wolf is small but faster than even I. So I suggest you lean to humble yourself before I make you,” I clenched my jaw shut in order to stop my wolf from leaning down and grasping his human skin between our deadly teeth. My body shook, vibrating into my very core. My eye sight sharped, allowing me to even see the sweat dripping down his neck. The pounding of his heart sped up, and foot steps alerted me to someone presence closing in.
A warning growl passed my lips and they paused but did not stop.
“Vannie, chill. I am alright. He's not going to hurt me, right Rogger?” Sam's voice whimpered close to my ears. He was scared, and panicked, which riled my wolf up even more, but the moment I turned to meet his eyes, I noticed I was not the only one about to go wolf. He was sprouting fur, his claws and teeth lengthened to the same amount as mine. His nose was already shifting, but he was fighting it off. I could tell.
All the anger in my evaporated, and my attention was completely on Sam, and on how to make him relax. My grip on Rogger loosened and I back off of him to press my hands on my brother chest, right above his heart.
“Calm Sam, there is no threat,” I cooed. He did not meet my eyes, because he knew it would only make it worse, but he focused on my voice, his heart beat slowing down. His fur began to reseed along with his nails and teeth. Our heart beats matched, following the rhyme of my breathe.
“Thank you Vannie,” He breathed. His eyes glanced up and met mine with a relieved smile and I couldn't help but return one of my own.
“That was freaking sick!” An excited Rogger drew our attention to him and Jack. They were staring at us with wonder and excitement.
“Okay what is it you wanted to speak to me about Jack, because I am so freaking in. That was the coolest thing I have seen in forever!” Rogger grinned and punched Jack in the arm lightly.
“You're not pissed at me?” I blurted out. His smile widened and raised his hand up for a high five.
“Hell no. That was bad ass. I haven't seen someone lose control and calm down that fast in years! What may I assist you with, my Alpha?” He bowed low, and winked at me... Yes he winked.
“So what is it he has to do exactly?” I turned to Jack... His eyes cringed up as a grin took over his face... Dear Lord what are they going to do?

….....
Sometimes wondering what the future brings, well it's nothing but a blur. I can see the fuzzy outlines, but I can't grasp the full picture. That's how my day felt right now.
Two hours from now my brother is suppose to be leaving for camp, while I am suppose to be departing off to another pack's territory... Yet we will not be going where we are suppose to be, instead I was going to go to the camp while my brother stayed with Jack. How is that suppose to work out when my 'supposed' mates parents will be waiting for me?
“You can do this Vannie, I believe in you!” Sam smiled wide, his dimples dipping in while I stood in front of him wearing my signature frown.
“You don't think that other pack is going to call our alpha the moment he realizes I'm not coming?” I growled. My fists tightened and I struggled to breathe evenly, if not for my sake, but for my clothes.. No need to shred more, they have to last me all summer.
“I had my dad call them last week and inform them you will not be coming till after camp so you may meet them at the same time you meet lover boy. My dad said it took a lot of persuasion but they agreed in the end,” Jack's voice rose up behind me, and another heart beat pounded along side his.
“Rogger I thought you were suppose to leave once you finished getting me ready?”
Rogger's chuckle vibrated deep within him as he passed me. Ever since he realize I was the alpha he's been trying to beat my senses... Hasn't worked once.
“Ah how I am going to miss that sarcastic lip of yours!” He barked, and hopped in front of me, eying his handy work. He wasn't the only one examining his work. I was as well in my mirror. The stranger that stared back, well He looked like me, but the problem was... He also didn't.
My short spiked hair was covered in a Black beanie that hung off loosesly, which Sam hinted was the 'In' guy style. They had given me a pair of squared blue glasses which were actual glasses but they wouldn't effect my eye site because we replace the lenses with clear sun glass ones. My clothes, well they were different then what I would have guessed Jack would choose. My shirt was a multicolored blue plad button up, the sleeves rolled up to my elbow's because even I knew I would go insane with them in my way. My jeans were baggie, but not fall to the floor gangster style, because I was smart enough to inquire a black belt to hold them up and my shoes were a pair of original styled converse. Those I actually loved. All of my clothes that I inquired ( Thanks to three guys that have way to many clothes!) thankfully were loose fitting and wouldn't give away anything if I kept them on, and didn't go wolf in large numbers.
It took a lot of hard work to come up with the cover up we did right now. They had attempted to dress me up jock style with the basketball shorts, and tight t-shirts, but that resulted in my curves being shown on the top area, which I'm positive was Jack's idea. We tried gangster but Sam was worried people would d-pants me, and see I had no um.. Manly parts sagging I guess? So that was out. Emo didn't work because of the tight skinny jeans, and bad boy didn't work because I was tiny for a guy. We spent an entire day looking till Rogger came up with the genius new me... A nerdy shy guy.
Yeah there was the problem that I would probably be picked on but Jack thinks that with my scent and Dominant nature that I will either earn my place or my scent'll keep they away... Not sure which I prefer.
“So are you positive they haven't called our parents?” I whined. Yeah I was nervous, scared and above all... Excited. Sam turned to me, his arms crossed over his chest and he shook his head.
”Nope, they are super excited about the idea of meeting you with Derek because they'll get to see his facial expression.”
My tongue flickered over my teeth and I frowned. “I thought Jack's dad was the one that talk to them, why did he help us and not tell our parents?” I questioned. Sam's mouth opened, a response at the tip of his tongue, but it snapped back shut when his eyes darted behind me and a familiar scent his my nose awakening my wolf.
My body tensed, and I turned slightly to see none other than my parent's Beta behind me, Mr. Sanders.
Jack got his bulky looks from his father, he was a spitting image of him, and I didn't doubt for a moment that he was just as stubborn, and loyal... Which was why I was suspicious of Mr. Philip Sanders going behind his Alpha.
“Since you've dropped by, would you care to answer my curiosity?” I inquired, a hint of a challenge resting in my voice.
Mr. Sanders lips tilted up in a knowing smirk, just like Jacks before he let out a hardy chuckle.
“Ah just as serious and sarcastic as your father was at your age. Took me years to get use to it, as it will probably you as well son. Alpha's are always hard headed,” He spoke over me to Jack, and my eyes narrowed. He was trying to avoid answering my question.
“Sanders, do I look dumb or do you just assume me to be a fool?” I growled. Philip had a good eight inches on me, so I was staring up at him, not even bothering to mask my suspicion any longer. He met my eyes, and crossed his arms over his chest before letting out a defeated sigh.
“Your parents are family to me Vanity, they always have been, but so is this pack. I know for a fact pretending to ignore your alpha blood and go with Sam as the alpha like the rest of the pack is attempting to is a bad idea, and horrible for the pack. My son is my first priority and from the way he acts in your presence, I can only assume you have mentally placed him as your Beta already, which means I know you are the next alpha so I must help you reach that place.”
That was not the answer I was looking for.
My brother and Jack were as silent as ghosts at that moment, and I could hear their heart beats speeding at their unease. Jack's worry was showing in his wolf and whimpering in our mind length. Rogger was shrinking away because he was scared I would attack, but at that moment... My wolf was content.
“Thank you Phil, I'm glad to here you still put this pack above authority. I can only hope Jack has inherited that trait from you as well,” I approved, and let a smile form over my face with ease. Phil's face relaxed and his hands came up to pat me on the back. “Well we better get your stuff packed in the car. I'm going to be your escort, or as the camp shall know, I am to escort Van Grey,” He winked.
Dear God, this was going to be hard.
The guys, along with Phil all released the tension they carried and began shuffling more of my things into the trunk of Phil's SUV, while I hopped in the front seats with my head sets, with the door still open.
“Vannie,” Sam spoke up to grab my attention. He was abandoning his suit cases that he was packing of mine, and rushing in my direction.
“What's up Sam?” He stopped once he was standing in the opening between the door and the car, his eyes gazing down the the pavement. “Sammy?” I whispered quieter, my voice soft and encouraging.
His eyes slowly slid up to meet mine and his face broke out into a tiny smile.
“Promise me you'll show them you have every right to be our Alpha as they do, prove you are the heir and come back with no more hiding. I want to be able to be the omega. I think I'm content with that,” He demanded. He grabbed my hands and held them in his, eyes boring into mine.
“Prove you have the gene, fight, Vannie you have to fight!” His dark eyes stared into mine, and my wolf rose to the surface, she clawed free without any resistance from me... And she pulled him into a hug.
“I will fight, I will fight for us, for our right to choose, and be who we are. I will fight so I can come back and prove I am the Alpha, I promise.” I swore... I was going to keep that promise.
“Alright you two, share the love, we gotta get this show on the road.”
Jack jumped next to us, his eyes gleaming in excitement.
Sam backed away from me and grinned, earning one from me. “May I request to hug my great Alpha before her departure, Madam?” Rogger's fake old English tone spoke up, and he appeared kneeling down before me, a cheesy puppy face staring up at me.
“No coping a feel or I'll sick my jock beta on you,” I warned. He wiggled his eyes brows at me before pulling me in into a side shoulder hug, but still cautious of Jack who stood a few inches from me now, eying him.
“You two, go shove the last few bags in, I need to speak with Vanity,” Jack gestured them away with his head, and I raised and eyebrow in curiosity.
He noticed and broke out in a wide grin. “What? I'm going to be second in command, might as well enjoy it before it get's serious.” He laughed, and I punched him lightly on the shoulder but the moment my knuckle made contact he tensed up and his eyes turned serious, meeting mine head on.
My wolf growled at the challenge which he felt and adverted his gaze, while he fidgeted with the hem of his shirt... Nervousness was something this Jock did not wear well.
“What's up Jack? You okay?” I asked, worried. He glanced up at me before he began to lean closer.
My wolf was restless, unsure of whether to retreat away or challenge his bravery, which resulted in me staying utterly still as his face continued to come closer.
I knew what was happening, but my stomach churned as if it was not okay, but my heart fluttered faster... And Jack heard it. His mouth opened barely, cool breathe running a crossed my face.
“Vannie, come back and take you place. You don't need anyone to rule over you, and I won't. I just want to be the one you look to when you need help, I want to be the one to be there when you need this,” then before I could respond... His lips met mine.
Now I know this is wrong, I know I don't hold those kind of feelings for Jack, but he was right about him being who I needed to help and not rule over me... And his lips felt so good. They barely pressed against mine before he slid his top lip down lower over my bottom and began massaging it between his lips, licking at the dip. I wasn't kissing him back, but I wasn't pushing him away yet either... That was until hands attempted to go under my shirt.
My wolf leaped forward and took over my vocal cords. She growled loud enough for anyone near our house to hear, then my fingers dug into his throat pulling his face from mine far enough to where I could stare into his be-wild eyes.
My beast took over, my teeth bit down upon his hand that had attempted to go farther than I was okay with and I marked it as a sign of anger. His wolf surfaced and whimpered in fear and guilt.
“If I wanted you to go farther than that, I would have said so. I did not give you permission to access my body. You ever do that without my consent again, I will mark somewhere else in anger. Are we clear?” I roared.
My brother, along with Rogger had tried to come see what the problem was, but I barked at them to go inside while I continued to glower down at Jack.
“You are my Beta Jack, but unless I say you can be more, you've got to remember I am your Alpha, not your lover,” I finished and released him, rubbing softly on the skin I had marked as punishment.
When you commit a crime against an alpha they usually leave a mark upon the criminal in far harsher ways but I only wanted to get a point across, I would not truly harm my Beta.
“I am sorry Alpha. Forgive me, I just wanted to clear my intentions before you left.” His face was full of regret, but at the same time hope.
“I am here once you see I am what's good for you,” He smiled softly, somehow not hurt by my words before he backed up and headed towards the house.
“I decide what is good for me,” I whispered, Sighing.
Once Jack disappeared into the house, Phil appeared and we finished prepping... Then set off.
He knew something was up with me, and I could bet he had put the pieces together about Jack's feelings but I was more jumbled than I was before we left.
“Phil, what did you mean when you said I had mentally claimed Jack as my Beta?” I questioned.
He glanced at me, away from the road, then flipped the radio off for a moment.
“Exactly that. In order to make someone your Beta, they must first not have an alpha that has claimed them already. The process is first, you allow them into the link you possess, and then they must submit to you, and you, the Alpha must show your authority. Jack has already shown much loyalty to you, so you had to have done those steps already.”

We didn't talk much after that, mainly because I wasn't in the mood for light conversation.
I'd allowed Jack into my mind a few times... And I'd bitten him when he submitted to show domination.
Jack was my Beta, but I still needed to be the Alpha.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update guys, let me know what you think!