Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 2

Jack woke up the next morning and sat up on his mat. He looked up at Rian's bed and saw his owner sleeping peacefully there alone. Jack smiled before laying down once more, his chin resting on the backs of his hands and his leg curled up next to him.

He had heard Rian come home last night but he couldn't bring himself to look to see if he was alone of not until this morning. He had slept with his head buried under his pillow all night. Desperately trying to block out any and all sound that could possibly make him very upset and give away his feelings for Rian. He didn't want that to happen.

Rian didn't meet anyone last night. Thought Jack. He didn't try to replace my company. Maybe he really does care for me.

Rian groaned and rolled over in his sleep. What was Jack supposed to do now? He hardly ever woke up before Rian. Then he had an idea. He was going to show Rian how happy he was, he was going to make him breakfast.

He quietly got up and headed into the kitchen where he found his first problem. What was he going to make? He opened the pantry and looked around. What were all of these different things? Then he remembered what Rian had told him once. Shake 'n' Bake. It was supposed to be one of the easiest things to cook. Perfect. thought Jack. I can make that.

He pulled a container from one of the shelves and saw that it had a picture of pancakes on it. Yum. Thought Jack. I'm going to make this.

He took the mix out of the pantry and took it over to the tap where he filled it with water. Not noticing that he filled it with too much water. He then started to shake it as he looked around the kitchen.

Problem number two: What was he supposed to cook it with?

He started to open cupboards, being as quiet as he could as he searched for a frying pan. He eventually found one and somehow managed to pull it out of the cupboard. Bringing half of the cupboards contents out with it. Jack winced as it crashed onto the ground and held his breath as he listened to see if he had woken Rian up.

He didn't hear any noise for a while and he shrugged before picking up the pan and putting it over the flame thingy like he had seen Rian do before. He would pick up all of the things up from the floor later.

But where was the flame under the pan? How was he supposed to cook Rian breakfast without the flame? He looked all around on the stove before he found a switch, that had a flame on it. There it is! Thought Jack excitedly. He flicked the switch and . . .

Nothing happened.

But Jack didn't notice that. He started to pour the badly mixed, pancake mixture into the pan anyway and watched it eagerly, waiting for it to cook.

Rian is going to be so proud of me. Thought Jack.

But he hadn't noticed that when he dropped the pans onto the floor that it HAD woken up Rian who was now watching the mess being created in his kitchen from the doorway.

"Jack!" he yelled, making the dog jump and turn quickly to look at him "What are you doing?"
"I was . . . well . . . I" stuttered Jack, scared at how mad Rian was, he was supposed to still be in bed!
"Spit it out Jack" snapped Rian rubbing his head.
"I was trying to make you breakfast" said Jack softly , looking down at the ground.
"Well stop" said Rian "I want all of this mess packed up by the time I get back ok?"
Jack nodded sadly before turning back to the pan where the uncooked pancake still was.

Jack heard Rian leave the room and waited to hear the door to his bedroom shut before he let his tears fall down his face. He was just trying to do the right thing.

#

Rian sat down on his bed and put his head in his hands. He already had the biggest hangover ever and now Jack had decided to make a mess of his kitchen. He flopped back on his bed and made a mental note to apologise to Jack for yelling later.

His phone rang then and he winced as his loud ringtone filled the air. He searched for it frantically without sitting up on his bed and quickly answered it.
"Hello?" he said groggily his eyes shut and his free hand massaging his temple.
Matt' laughter came on the other end "Well someone had a good night last night"

Rian chuckled "Well not really" he said
"What do you mean 'not really'?" asked Matt "I know what a hangover sounds like mate"
"Oh I am hung over" said Rian
"Then why wasn't it a good night?"
"Because of John" admitted Rian and Matt laughed

"You didn't like him?"
"No, no" said Rian "He was nice and everything he was just a bit . . . . energetic and at first I thought I could handle it but . . . "
Matt cut him off "Say no more, Say no more" he said "Just give him one more chance ok?"
Rian sighed "Fine but only ONE more chance ok?"
"Yay!" cheered Matt "Because I gave him your number"

"YOU WHAT!" yelled Rian
Matt just laughed on the other end "I was kidding man, although he did ask me for it, I don't think you want me to give it to him do you?"
"Fine" said Rian "Give it to him but I have to change my number because of him you're paying for it"

#

Jack slid down onto the floor of the bathroom. He had heard what Rian had said, cleaning the kitchen hadn't taken as long as he thought it was and he was going to apologise to Rian when he overheard him on the phone.

"He was just a bit energetic and at first I thought I could handle it but . . . . Fine but only ONE more chance"
He pushed the palms of his hands into his eyes to try to stop the flow of his tears. He only had one more chance to impress Rian, to convince him to keep Jack as a pet.

He was willing to do anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys here is chapter 2!!

I'm really excited about this story and I can't believe that it already has 23 subscribers! Thank you guys so much!

Please Comment and hopefully Chapter 3 will be up soon! :)