Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 3

Rian emerged from the bedroom a little while later and went out into the kitchen which was all clean and exactly how he had left it last night. He had heard Jack go into the bathroom while he was on the phone so he assumed that that was where he was now.

He heard Jack leave the bathroom but Rian didn’t see him come down to the lounge room so he assumed that he was in the bedroom getting dressed for the day. Rian sighed and went into the bathroom to shower, he didn’t think that he could handle looking after Jack on a hangover. Maybe he should take him to Alex and Zack’s for the day? Yeah. Thought Rian. That’s what I’ll do.

#

Rian walked out of the bathroom twenty minutes later and saw Jack sitting on his mat in the bedroom.
“Morning Buddy” said Rian petting Jack’s head as he walked past the dog to get dressed. He was feeling a lot better now that he had had a shower but he was still going to take Jack to visit Alex and Zack, he needed to tell Alex about what had happened last night.

“I was thinking” said Rian as he was getting dressed “That today we should go and visit Alex and Zack. What do you think?”
Rian looked over at Jack and saw him give a small nod and smiled to himself, dismissing Jack’s strange behaviour. Maybe he would cheer up once he saw Zack?

They climbed into the car shortly after that and started the drive to Alex and Zack’s in silence.
Once they got there Rian knocked on the door and pulled Alex into a hug as soon as it was opened. A wide grin on his face.

“Rian!” said Ale returning the hug “and Jack” he said pulling Jack into a hug once Rian had let him go.
The three of them walked into the house together and Jack spotted Zack in the kitchen and the two of the shared a smile.

Zack will understand. Thought Jack and silently decided that once he got Zack alone he was going to tell him everything. Maybe Zack could even help him figure out how to impress Rian enough to make him want to keep him?

Rian saw the small exchange and smiled again. He knew that Zack would be able to cheer him up and maybe even convince Jack to tell Rian whatever it was that was bothering him once they got home?
“Why don’t the two of you go into the other room?” suggested Rian “Just for a little while, while I talk to Alex”

Zack nodded at Rian before smiling at Jack taking his hand and pulling him into the bedroom.

#

Once they were safely hidden away in Alex and Zack's room Jack broke down into tears.
"You should have heard him Zack" whimpered Jack "He said I only had one more chance"
Zack pulled the smaller pet into his arms and held him close as they sat on the floor together
"Hush Jack" cooed the Cat "I'm sure that he was just talking about something else"

"What else would he be talking about?" asked Jack between sobs "He said . . . he said that . . . that I was too energetic and that he thought he could handle it" Jack broke down into sobs again and all Zack could do was hold him close and brush his hair back from his face. He honestly had no idea how to comfort his friend.

About fifteen minutes later Jack started to calm down.
“What do I do Zack?” he whimpered and Zack just petted his head again
“I think you should talk to him” said Zack “Honesty is the key”

Jack looked down at the ground “It’s different for me and Rian you know” he mumbled
“What do you mean?” asked Zack softly
“Alex needs you” said Jack “He wouldn’t be able to get rid of you if he tried, and trust me, I saw how he was when you weren’t here and he’s going to want you around for a long time but Rian? He doesn’t need me. The moment he gets bored I’m gone and there’s nothing I can do about it”

Zack just looked at his friend and held him close. He had no idea what to say to him to try to make him feel better because Jack was right. Zack knew nothing about Jack and Rian’s relationship but he had a feeling that Rian would never just abandon him. He needed to talk to Alex.

#

Rian finished telling his story to Alex and lent back into the couch.
“Wow” said Alex “So are you going to meet him again?”
“I think so” said Rian “But I’m not sure if I want to”
“Then why are you?” asked Alex
“Because I’m lonely” admitted Rian
“Isn’t that why you got Jack?” asked Alex

“Well . . . Yes” said Rian “But this is different”
“How is this different Rian?” asked Alex “You know what my relationship is like with Zack, why don’t you and Jack give that a go instead of dating these horrible guys just for the sake of being with someone?”
“Because Jack is nothing like Zack!” said Rian getting angry and standing up as his phone started to ring “I’m going to take this, can you go and get Zack?”

Alex nodded sadly before watching as Rian answered his phone
“John!” he said “How are you? That’s great! Yeah I’m good too thanks . . . Tonight? You don’t think that’s too soon? . . . .No tonight’s fine . . . I’ll see you then”

Alex shook his head sadly as he walked how could Rian be so oblivious to Jack’s feelings towards him?

#

Alex walked into the room and saw the two pets cuddled together on the ground. He gave Jack a sympathetic look before saying “I think Rian wants to go now, but you can come here whenever you want to ok?”

Jack gave a little nod before standing up
“Thank you” he whispered to the both of them before giving Zack a small smile and leaving the room.
Jack and Rian left shortly after that and Zack immeadiately sat next to Alex on the couch once the front door was shut.
“What did Rian tell you?” he asked eagerly
“What makes you think he told me anything?” replied Alex
“Because Jack spent that entire time crying into my arms, something happened and I know that Rian told you about it” said Zack “Why else would he want me and Jack to leave the room?”

“Maybe it was a secret” said Alex “Maybe I’m not allowed to tell you”
Zack pulled on Alex arms “Please” he pouted
Alex sighed “Fine” he said “But you’re not going to like it”
“I don’t like it already”

#

Once Jack and Rian were home Rian immediately went back to their room to change.
“I’m going out again tonight Jack” he said “Will you be ok again?”
Jack just nodded, still looking down at the ground.
Rian smiled and ruffled before walking out of the house. He would bring up Jack’s behaviour later, when John wasn’t waiting for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapters a little jumpy. . . . I hope you enjoy!

Please comment :)