Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 6

After their training session Jack followed Rian back inside and sat on his little mat in the kitchen with a big smile on his face. Rian just chuckled at Jack and started to make lunch. All thoughts of John and his madness out of his head. Today was about Jack and making sure that he's ok.

After lunch Rian cleaned up their dishes and collapsed onto the couch and turned on the TV. Jack carefully followed Rian into the room and curled up on his mat in the corner. Rian spotted him trying to get comfortable

“Jack” he called and Jack’s head snapped around to lock eyes with his owner “Come here” ordered Rian gently.

Jack slowly crawled over to Rian and sat down cross-legged in front of him. Rian reached over the side of the couch and scratched Jack behind the ears. Jack sat there happily until Rian tugged on one of his ears.

Jack sprung up from where he was and playfully battered Rian’s hand away. All of his cares leaving him and just enjoying the fun he was having with his owner. Rian continued to ruffle Jack’s fur playfully, chuckling as Jack dodged and weaved his head and yipped at him.

This was the dog that Rian had wanted when he adopted Jack. He had no idea what had gotten into his puppy lately but Rian was glad that he was getting over it.

Rian sat up on the couch and covered both of Jack’s ears. Jack froze completely and looked up at Rian playfully letting out a small growl. Rian grinned down at Jack before letting go of Jack’s head and Jack quickly grabbed one of Rian’s hands between his teeth gently.

“Jack” warned Rian and Jack quickly let go, whimpered and showed Rian his puppy dog eyes. Rian rubbed the hand that Jack grabbed and saw no marks, he was proud of his puppy for that. Jack however, was freaking out.

Why did I do that? He thought. Now he probably thinks that you’re a vicious animal! Quick! Think Jack think!

Jack put his hands on Rian’s knees and placed a big, sloppy kiss onto Rian’s hand. There. Thought Jack. Now he won’t get mad.

Rian chuckled at Jack’s playfulness “Good Job Jack” he said and reached forward to ruffle Jack’s hair but froze halfway. “Wait here” he said before getting up quickly.

Oh God. Thought Jack. He hates me. He hates me so much that he won’t even touch me. I shouldn’t have done that. Why did I do that? Why did I let myself relax so much? He probably thinks that I’m stupid now. Stupid and violent.

Jack didn’t move from his spot the entire time Rian was gone. Soon enough though Rian returned and sat down on the couch in front of him. A small, brown square in his hand. What was that? Thought Jack.

“Jack” said Rian gently, holding the square in front of his face “This is chocolate” he said “It’s a treat”
Jack tipped his head to the side. Why was Rian telling him this? Was he teasing him? Was he going to be punished by watching Rian eat the reward that he could have had?

Rian saw Jack’s confusion and chuckled “It’s for you Jack” he said “For being such a good boy today”
Jack’s ears perked up and he smiled up at Rian. Really? He thought. Yay! I have no idea what that is but Rian wouldn’t do anything to harm me.

“Open your mouth” said Rian and Jack obediently opened his mouth for Rian to place the small, brown square on his tongue. He then closed his mouth.

Jack sat back on his heels as he felt the square start to melt in his mouth. His eyes went wide as he felt the sticky substance trickle down his throat, leaving a weird taste behind.

Jack coughed loudly at the strange sensation and felt his eyes start to water. Jack decided that he didn’t like this treat very much.

Rian saw jack’s distress and pulled him up and into the kitchen where he positioned Jack by the sink.
“That’s ok Jack” he said, rubbing his back “Spit it out”

Jack quickly responded by coughing up all of the gooey brown stuff into the sink. But he couldn’t stop there. He continued to cough up as much as he could until he felt empty and tired. What was going on?

Rian continued to rub Jack’s back gently “I’m sorry Jacky” he said “Maybe chocolate is more of a human treat”

Jack smiled weakly before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is a bit shorter than normal but I was on a roll today hopefully this means that the next chapter will be up soon!

Comments make me happy! :)