Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 9

Alex and Rian ended up getting so drunk that they both passed out in the kitchen. Only to be woken the next morning by the sunlight streaming in through the windows.
"Oh God" moaned Alex "I'm so hung over"
"Me too" said Rian clutching his head "It's been a while since you've drunk, hey?"
Alex nodded once before stopping and clutching his head.
"I'll go and get the pain killers" said Rian getting up.

Soon enough both men were up and functioning.
"Can we go back to your place now?" asked Rian, eager once more to see his puppy and Alex nodded
"I sure hope so" he said "I desperately need a shower and some fresh clothes"

#

They made the short distance to Alex's house and within 15 minutes Alex was sliding his key into the lock of the front door and pushing it open to be greeted by Zack.
Alex just chuckled as his pet pulled him into a hug
"I didn't know where you were" said Zack and Alex just petted his hair soothingly
"I was at Rian's" said Alex "I didn't want to call because I thought I might interrupt"

Rian, meanwhile was trying to quietly trying to close the door behind him to avoid being seen but he failed. As soon as the door shut with a 'click' Zack had let go of Alex and had rounded on Rian. His hands on his hips and a disappointed look on his face. Rian just looked down to the ground.

"You have a lot of explaining to do" said Zack but Rian just held his hands up in surrender
"I know, ok?" he said "I just want to talk to Jack" he tried to walk around the cat but Zack wouldn't let him.
"I don't think you know exactly how much damage you've done" said Zack
"By not telling him how much he means to me? I'm sure he'll be fine" Rian just brushed off the Cat's comments and tried to walk around him once more.

This time he was stopped by a tail and a hand grabbing his wrist.
"Zack" said Alex warningly and Zack didn't even look at his owner, just let go
"You've done so much more than that" said Zack and both pet owners just looked at him confused.
Alex sighed "I'll make some tea"

#

The two men were sitting at the table, cups of tea in their hands before Zack started to talk.
"Did you know" started the cat "That last time Jack was here he was upset as well?"
"No" said Rian "Why on earth would he be upset?"
"Because you don't tell him the truth!" exclaimed Zack and Rian just looked confused

"He hears you on the phone sometimes" said Zack "talking about him and how much you want to get rid of him and it is KILLING him inside. Why don't you just talk to him about it? It would be easier on him than dragging it out and breaking his heart. Maybe he would be able to actually get over you" Zack's eyed widened at his last comment and quickly slapped a hand over his mouth.

"I didn't say that" he said but Rian just look at him wide eyed and stood up.
"He thinks that I want to get rid of him?" asked Rian and Zack let out a sigh of relief, he hadn't heard that last comment about Jack's feelings. He didn't want to give the puppy's secret away. It wasn't his to tell. "Why on earth does he think that?"

Zack just squared his shoulders at Rian and said clearly "He has ear's you know. he can hear what you're saying"
"And I haven't said anything about getting rid of him. At all. I haven't even thought about it!" Exclaimed Rian "What put that thought into his head?"
Zack looked at Rian for a moment before speaking "He heard you on the phone"
"When?" asked Rian desperately

"I don't know" answered Zack truthfully and Rian pushed him up against the wall and growled
"Tell me what you know"

"Hey!" said Alex getting up and putting a hand on Rian's shoulder "No violence in hear man, you're not angry at Zack"
"How do you know" growled Rian and Alex stepped to the side before Zack forcefully pushed Rian off of him.

"He heard you talking to someone about how you wanted him to leave you alone!" exclaimed Zack "Do you know how badly that hurt him? All he's ever wanted to do was please you-"
Zack suddenly stopped yelling at Rian as he saw Jack standing in the doorway and backed away from Rian and closer to Alex who grabbed his hand. Zack's eyes were wide. How long had he been standing there? How much had he heard?

"What's going on?" mumbled Jack looking between the three people in the kitchen
Alex shared a look with Zack "Nothing Jack" he said "We were just talking"
"I heard yelling" whispered the dog
Rian was staring at Jack thoughtfully. Realisation in his eyes.

"Jack" Whispered Rian "Why don't we go home so we can talk?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I only have one more chapter Pre-written for this story and I have exams next week :( Hopefully I can update in the middle of the week and finish writing the story after all of my exams are finished :)

Thank you for all your feedback and love in the comments! :)