Status: active

All I Wanted Was You.

Part Eleven.

It had been a few weeks since I took Zack out on our first date and Zack was still living in my house, not that my mom minded she loves having Zack around it was like she had another son to care for. Zack would stay in his own house some nights since he had to get clothes and study but he would always come back to mines early the next morning, his dad still hadn't came home yet and Zack told me this was the longest he had been missing for. I knew Zack blamed himself for his dad leaving and no matter how hard I tried to convince him it wasn't he just wouldn't believe me, I was lying on my bed throwing a ball against my roof and catching it then throwing it again. I was wasting time so I wouldn't have to study for my Biology final and also Zack was away out with Jack for the day which surprised me but I was glad he was talking to other people bar me and my mom, plus Jack was harmless and he really liked Zack. I looked around my room realising that it was still pretty bare, I hadn't painted the walls, hung up any of my posters or put all my cds on a shelf. I was still thinking that my dad would find me and I would get that letter meaning that we would pack up and move to another state leaving everything behind.
"Fuck it" I said to no one but myself as I got up and headed for my car, I drove to town for the first time since I moved here and I noticed quite a few people from my school. Parking my car I got out and walked down the sidewalk then into the first store I saw, I walked through the store picking up a tub of light blue paint and some white picture frames before going to the cash desk and paying with the left over money my mom had given me. Once I got home I shoved on some old sweats and left my t-shirt before looking in the hall cupboard for paint brushes, I found a packet that hadn't been opened and took them back to my room. Then I went through to my moms room and looked in the boxes she hadn't unpacked yet hoping that the photo albums were in there, to my luck they were in the second box I looked in they where big black leather albums that where fading slightly due to how long they spend in moving boxes. I sat on my floor and looked through the albums, pictures of me and my mom, pictures of me when I was little and then a picture that I thought my mom had cut up. It was me, my mom, my dad and someone who I hadn't seen in over two years. My little sister. We where all laughing at the camera, my dads hand around my moms waist, my mom was looking at him smiling and I was holding my little sisters hand while we both smiled into the camera. I don't know how long I sat there holding that picture just staring at it but it must have been a while because Zack was back and trying to talk to me.
"Lex! Babe? What's wrong?" I could hear his voice but I couldn't move my eyes from the picture in front of me.
"Lex why are you crying?" Zack asked me and I could hear how scared he was, I blinked a few times then touched my cheeks with my finger tips and realised I had been crying and I didn't even realise. Zack sat down next me pushing the other albums and white photo frames out the way, then he took the small photo out of my hand and pulled me into his lap even though I was bigger than him and my legs were resting on the floor. I turned and buried my head in his t-shirt hating how I must look but Zack just let me cry, rubbing my back and kissing my head every now and then.
"Lex?" Zack whispered pulling away so I would look up at him and all I saw was pain and concern in his green eyes.
"Please tell me what's wrong" He begged and I felt fresh tears appear in my eyes but I blinked them back.
"I miss her" I said simply and Zack frowned not understanding my statement.
"Her" I said picking up the picture and handing it to Zack while I pointed to the little girl beside me.
"Who is that?" He asked lookimg at the picture and I smiled before saying
"Lilly, my little sister"
"You never told me you had a little sister" Zack said sounding shocked but I just shrugged.
"She lives with my grandparents in Britain, I haven't seen her in two years. I guess I just didn't realise how much I missed her until I saw that photo" I whispered talking to myself more than Zack, but he was nodding anyway and still rubbing my back.
"I'm sure she knows just how much you love and miss her Alex, she's your little sister" Zack mumbled into my hair but I closed my eyes shaking my head as more tears fell down my cheeks.
"I'm meant to be there playing the over protective big brother and pissing her off most days and just be there for her, but no I'm here running from a bastard how beat me until I couldn't stand" I said my sadness turning to anger and Zack could sense it because I felt him grip onto me tighter.
"Alex shh calm down, he won't be able to hurt you anymore okay? He's in jail and will stay there, he won't find you this time and even if he does I'll come with you" Zack said as he pressed a kiss to my cheek and let me get up, I wanted to believe Zack so much but just the thought of my dad made me scared. Zack was still holding the photo I gave him and I stood and watched as he picked up the scissors and cut the photo in half so it was just me and my little sister, then he opened a frame and put it in before handing it to me with a small smile.
"Thank you Zack" I whispered before placing a kiss to his cheek.
"How's Jack?" I asked changing the subject and Zack just smiled before shaking his head.
"He's the usual hyper active self, we had fun, anyway what's the paint for?" He asked pointing to the tub if blue paint.
"I'm gonna paint today cause I thought you would be away longer with Jack and I didn't wanna study Biology" I said opening the tub of paint as the lid came off with a pop.
"Can I help?" Zack asked and I nodded smiling
"Course, you take that wall I'll take this one" I said throwing him a paint brush that he caught perfectly and he sent me a smug look before dipping the brush into the paint. We had been painting for a while and I was singing any songs that seemed to pop into my head, not scared that Zack could hear my voice since he always wanted me to sing to him. The next thing I knew my back was wet and Zack was giggling, I spung round and he slashed the brush across my face covering it in blue paint.
"Oh I see how it is!" I growled dipping my brush back into the paint and launched myself at Zack covering him in blue paint as he screamed out laughing.
"Alex! No! Stop it!" Zack cried out between fits of laughter and I just grinned back at him and then Zack got me across my chest and this painy fight continued until I fell onto Zack which caused us to fall onto the floor in fits of laughter. I laughed and pressed my lips to Zack's then he kissed me back right away, his blue hands running through my hair as I deepened the kiss, I put my hands on his bare hips tracing the faint lines on his stomach were his muscles where. Zack pulled away a few minutes later and looked at me grinning before he pushed me off him lightly
"I've got something for you" He whispered before pecking my lips and running happily out to the hall, I smiled after him and realised how much I really did love that shy boy. Then he returned with a black folder and handed it to me, I looked up at Zack confused but he just winked at me so I opened it and gasped.
"Zack!" I breathed. It was us. A full folder of us. Pictures that Zack had taken if us both, me alone, him alone and a few of Jack and Rian from before I moved here but it was mostly us.
"It's perfect Zack, thank you" I said and kissed him while I felt him smile against my lips.
"I just thought you should have a copy of all these photos and so you can always remeber me no matter what happens to us" Zack whispered looking sad, I set the folder of photos aside and pulled the other boy into my lap and pushed his blonde hair out his eyes.
"Nothing will happen to us Z" I said my voice certain and Zack just looked at me his green eyes massive like a small childs.
"Promise?" He whispered and I nodded.
"Promise, I love you too much" I whispered back
"I love you too" Zack said before pulling the black folder onto his own lap and we looked through them all, leaving the painting for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken so long everyone! Busy,busy,busy month.

Hope this is good enough and Lilly will be an important character later on.

Please let me know what you think :)