Status: active

All I Wanted Was You.

Part Nine.

"Alex!" I heard my mom shout as I ran down the stairs school bag in one arm and jacket in the other.
"What?" I called picking up my car keys as my mom came out into the hall
"I'm working late tonight so there's money on the counter" She smiled at me before lightly kissed my cheek and sent me on my way, I saw Zack leaning against my car looking at his feet.
"Hey" I smiled wrapping him into a hug and planting a kiss on his cheek, he smiled up at me but his smile didn't reach his eyes.
"What's wrong?" I asked Zack but he just shrugged before looking away from me, I sighed and opened the car door knowing Zack would talk about it in his own time but sometimes did annoy me I felt like he didn't trust me. We drove to school in silence, walked to our lockers in silence and sat in class in silence. When the bell went I was thankful for Jack to lighten up the mood
"Zack can I talk to you?" I asked him while he was laughing at something Jack said just glad he looked happy, Zack looked at me and nodded before we both stood up and walked to a more quiet place.
"We really need to talk because I hate seeing you so upset and knowing I can't do anything kills me, please just tell me what it is that's bothering you so much" I begged looking into his green eyes wanting to know why they looked so sad.
"I would rather talk about it later on, not in school" He whispered still not looking at me.
"We both have the afternoon off and my moms working late so we can go to mines" I said and saw a small smile form on his lips at the mention of my house, we walked back over to Jack and Rian who were smiling at us.
"We're going back to mines, I would ask you to come but yous have classes" I said before the nodded and we heard Jack shout
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Which caused me to chuckle and Zack blush.
"So anything basically" Zack muttered which made me laugh even more as I kissed his head and we got into my car. When we got to my house I made his lunch which was pasta in some tomato sauce
"Pasta is the only thing I can cook" I explained as Zack looked at his plate with a weird smile
"Ah good thing I like pasta then" Zack smiled before he started eating the massive plate of pasta I cooked, once we finished we went and sat through in the living room and I let Zack choose a movie.
"Right talk" I said once the movie had started and Zack sighed moving next to me lacing our fingers together.
"I'm going to tell you why I am the way I am. When I was little I use to live a few states from Baltimore but where I lived I was happy, my dad was happy and so was my mom. I spoke more than I do now and I had friends well what you would call friends for a six year old, but I was always considered strange teachers always said my eyes were to grown up for my face. A few months before I moved here with my dad I started having night terrors and only sleeping for a few hours each night, I still suffer from night terrors. Anyway I had woke up crying and heard lots of shouting for downstairs and being six I went to go see what was wrong. My mom was crying and my dad shouting, I didn't know what about until a few years ago but I remember my mom seeing me and kissing my cheek telling me she loved me and was sorry. She died in a car crash that night" I squeezed Zack's hand as he took a shaky breath and continued.
"My dad blaming me for what happened lashed out and slashed my stomach, he was intoxicated. We moved here and I hid in my shell, not talking to anyone, not speaking and never trusted anyone. My dad would disappear for days on end, leaving me, yes a six year old boy in that house alone and I wouldn't know why he couldn't stand to be around me anymore. Finally he told me a few years back when he caught me nearly cutting myself, he told me who I wasn't really his son that my mom had an affair and I was this other mans child and that night my mom was leaving us for that other man. Why do you think I look nothing like my dad? With his brown eyes and brown hair? Now he's gone and left me again and I don't know what to do Alex! I stay out his way and try not to be any trouble but I know he hates me. I remind him that the woman he married someone else and what they produced, I shouldn't even be here I-" Zack couldn't carry on he broke down into soft tears as I pulled him into my lap and let him cry not caring that he soaked my t-shirt. Right now I couldn't believe what Zack had told me, I never guessed in a million years that someone his age could gone through so much, anger was also working its way around me anger for Zack's 'dad' who could he do that to someone so perfect.
"Shh Zack its okay, I'm not leaving I promise you" I whispered as I wipped the tears from his cheeks and he looked at me with watery eyes.
"Zack I'm glad you're here, don't you ever think something like that! I need you here. I want you to know that you can stay with me as long as you want, my mom will understand" I said quietly as Zack's tears slowed and he just looked at me his face blank before he gave me a bone crushing hug and whispered in my ear something I never want to forget.
"I love you Alex" Those four words made my heart jump and I felt my own tears start.
"I love you" I said back and I felt Zack give a slight laugh/sob before he pulled away and took that as my chance to kiss him. My lips pressing onto his lightly, then I kissed his cheek and then his eye lids knowing that in some way we where both as damaged and scared as each other and maybe we could fix save each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy everyone!

Please comment it would really make my night (cause I'm unwell)

Anyway subscribe/rec would mean a lot :)