You Came From Nowhere

10

There was a knock on my door later on and I yelled back "You know it's rude to not answer me in English" Ben replied and I laughed calling him names in German to which he laughed "Well I hope she's never this mean to you Danny" he stated and I ripped open the door to see nobody else was there and I glared at him. "Aww sorry Lena did you get excited for your boyfriend being here?" he mocked and I stared at him "He's not...shut up Benjamin!" I snapped and he laughed.

"Well I lied to you for a reason, other than to wind you up and get you out here. I was wondering if you'd like to come to a little party, it's just with some of the guys off the team and they've been wondering where I'm staying and stuff so I thought you might want to come with me for a while?" he reasoned and I sighed "Ben I have practise tomorrow morning" "Yes I am aware of your schedule but it's fine! We won't be getting wasted and there won't be many of us I promise you, I thought you'd like to finally meet my friends, well the better ones from the team" he reassured and I laughed.

"So you don't think some of them are any good?" I teased his choice of words and he laughed "You know I meant the guys I'm closest too, come on it'll be fun! You've met a couple before, well you've seen them and not really been properly introduced because I've been on cloud Ben" he joked back and I smiled. I didn't really want to go but I owed Ben a lot so I figured 20 minutes wouldn't hurt anyone, "Fine let me get changed" "Why?" he asked and I rolled my eyes "Well I doubt I'll make any form of an impression in sweats" I replied and he grinned as he shut the door again returning to the TV.

We walked into the hotel lobby and I looked around as Ben dragged me behind him, he knocked on a door after getting out an elevator "Ben! You came!" a guy shouted opening his arms and Ben hugged him, "And you brought a date, nice" he winked and Ben stiffened "Dude, he's gonna kick your ass! You must be Lena right?" a tall guy asked me and I nodded. He held his hand out "I'm Heath Miller" "Yeah and this jackass is Mike Wallace" Ben introduced and I smiled at him.

"Guys Ben arrived!" Mike shouted and a few more faces looked our way and I noticed I was the only girl in the room making me feel awkward, "So that's Heath, Mike, Brett Keisel, Ike Taylor, Shaun Suisham and Troy Polamalu. Guys this is Lena Villiger, my cousin" Ben introduced loudly and everyone stood up walking over in turn shaking my hand and I felt worse than before. I mumbled in German to Ben how awkward it was and he smiled at me "It's fine, don't worry!" he reassured and I sighed.

I spent time with Ben and some of his friends when Ben was laughing with his friend Brett and one of them appeared at my side "Hey Lena, nice name" he said and I looked at him smiling "Hi" "Ike, I'm Ike" he replied and I groaned "I'm sorry, there's a lot of new names" I reasoned and he laughed nodding. "It's fine, so you're Ben's cousin. You're at college here right?" "Yeah, I like it here but I do miss Ohio sometimes" I admitted and he smiled. We stood talking for a bit when he offered me a drink and I shook my head, "So do you come to Pittsburgh often?" he quizzed and I shrugged "I go in holidays and when I have vacation and Ben's not at home in Ohio but we normally just go to Ohio together to family" I explained and he nodded "You should come to a game with us, well watch us playing when you're over next!" "Yeah and Ike if you want to play in another game you'd not try those lines on Lena" Heath cut in and he jumped.

"What?" "You trying to be all over friendly! Ben will take limbs away if you hit on his cousin! Hi Lena, we've met before; well you were with Ben one day when I was out and I saw him. It's nice to actually meet you though, he's told me about you before!" he reasoned and I smiled. "Hi, you too" I smiled "How's basketball going for you?" "I'm going good on the team, we're expecting a good season. Quietly confident" I answered him and he nodded, "Ben says you're coming to the game Sunday?" I nodded "Can't promise I'll understand a thing of it" I answered and he laughed "I also get told this, Ben thinks you might finally get it" "Oh no I won't!" I laughed and he grinned at me before another guy walked over who I thought was called Shaun.

My phone buzzed 'Hey! What you up to tonight? I swung by your place but you weren't in...obviously xxx' I read form Danny smiling 'Hi! I'm out with Ben at a party, I don't think we'll be late home if you want to come by again later? xxx p.s it's a Pittsburgh Steelers party :/' I texted and my phone went again 'A Pittsburgh Steelers party? Oh no! Is everything Black & Yellow or do they say Black & Gold? Anyway are they talking play books and touchdowns? I bet you've never been more confused in your life! You're kind of cute when you get confused by football! Anyway yes I could come over yours later for a bit xxx' I smiled to myself.

'You're asking me the person who doesn't know what half the things you say even mean! I can tell you what a touchdown is and that's probably all! Yeah you can over, if I drop you a text as we leave we should get home first! You could stay over again if you wanted to, it's up to you! xxx' I sent "Hey Lena how about you leave your boyfriend alone for 20 minutes!" Ben yelled and I glared at him.

"Ben he's not..." "Yeah yeah, Lena here is friends with Amendola so no playbook talking boys! I'm joking she's safe to talk about this stuff with!" he reassured.