You Came From Nowhere

12

I stood at the airport looking at the board in front of me with Ben sat at my side, "So will you be bringing a certain Mister home with you next time then?" he asked and I glared at him before smiling and he laughed "Mom and dad would like him, they'd love to meet him and you know it! They're more excited about your boyfriends than they ever are mine" he said and I laughed "I meant my girlfriends! You know I meant girlfriends! Ergh Lena!" he growled and I smiled at him nodding. "I know what you meant" I reasoned and he nodded as they called his flight and his friends all looked over at him as he stood up, I sighed following his lead.

"Right I will ring you when I get home, I will tell mom and everyone you're looking after yourself just fine and I swear to not tell them about Danny" he promised and I grinned at him "I will be seeing your face very soon I hope!" he stated and I hugged him burying my head in his shoulder as he laughed quietly. "Don't do this Lena! I'll see you soon and there's nothing to get upset about" he reasoned as I cried into his shoulder, he let me go and I sighed "I guess I'll see you at Thanksgiving or Christmas" I mumbled and he nodded.

"Do well at school, try hard at practice and get that law stuff sorted out and let me know how everything goes and when you need money by. Stop telling me to not pay for you because I'm going to,right look after yourself and keep that Amendola in check" he joked and I smiled at him as he wiped my cheek with his sleeve. "Remember if anything happens I'm here, right I really have to go now" he laughed as I hugged him again "I'll see you soon, I'll keep you updated" he mumbled the end part and I nodded.

"Let me know you get home, have a safe flight" I replied and he nodded kissing both my cheeks "Love you Lena!" he smiled "Love you too Benjamin" I stated letting him go and waving as he walked off with his friends. I forced myself back out to my car and drove home to see a car parked near the drive that I knew and I looked to see Danny sat on my doorstep, I got out the car to see him smile at me standing up holding flowers and I looked at him confused "I thought you'd maybe need a distraction" he reasoned and I smiled at him nodding as I rubbed my eyes.

"You know I think he's probably going to see you again" he joked as he hugged me and I nodded half laughing, "It's just strange" I mumbled and he laughed "So you brought flowers to distract me?" I asked as I opened the door and he nodded as I put them in water. "Well thanks! So..." I said and he grinned "Do you want to go shoot hoops or something?" he quizzed and I shrugged, "Does it bother you that people assume you want to shoot hoops all the time?" "By people do you mean Ben and yourself? And nope, I love playing Basketball. It's fine, we can if you want" I offered and he laughed.

"Or we could just go to the park?" he suggested and I nodded, I grabbed my jacket pulling it on before we set off, I got to the end of the block with him when I felt his hand grab mine his fingers pushing into mine and I smiled.