You Came From Nowhere

9

"For one you're not German, your Swiss and for 2 don't grumble at me!" he lectured me and I groaned, "I'm part German" "Yeah and your better part is Swiss so lets keep it that way!" he argued at me, arguing Ben was a defensive Ben and I knew what his problem was. He was trying to be protective and he was frustrated because he wasn't sure if I'd let him and if it was his place!

"You don't know my better or worse part Ben so please don't go telling me you do! Look I get your actions and it's really appreciated and all that but seriously Ben please don't make this your problem! This is my problem, I've been a big enough girl to live with it and I'll live with it now!" I ranted at him and he smiled at me. "Lena this is never going to be 'your' problem alone, look I'm pissed off because you never told me about him, because you're hiding secrets from everyone! Lena look I know you're all big and brave but sometimes there's no shame in needing help" he reasoned back and I sighed.

"When I need your help I know how to ask for it, don't worry you're the first person I ask normally but you help me far more than you need to! I can look after myself Ben, I'm been living here all this time alone and I've not had anything bad happen yet have I?" I reassured him and he grinned. "It's 'I've been living here' not 'I'm' but we both know you know that you're just dropping the grammar because you're mad. I do things because I want to, I got what I wanted in life and I want that for you too" he replied and I looked at him.

"Stop it with the corrections today and yes it is because I'm angry! Look nothing is changing in my life, everything is perfectly fine with my life right now, I don't need a huge helping hand anymore Ben" I smiled at him as he pulled up at a traffic light. He pushed his hand up his face sighing "Lena I'm going to say this quick, and hope like a bandaid, that it doesn't hurt. He rang my father" he said and my heart must've stopped.

"Lena talk, breath, do something" he begged as he drove again and I gripped at the seatbelt "Please tell me this is a really cruel and harsh joke?" I mumbled and he shook his head "My dad told me before I left home something was wrong and he had a weird feeling about him, then he rang me 2 days ago to say he'd rung him and that I should think about breaking it to you" he reasoned and I shook my head. "No way! What's he want? Ben why?" I asked feeling sick, "I don't know Lena, I really wish I knew but nobody knows you're here apart from us guys. We won't go telling him but if he turns up here somehow you ring me straight away and I don't care if it's 3rd down I'll be here!" he reassured and I shook my head.

"Ben I don't need..." "Look if he turns up you'll need me as much as I'll need you" he cut me off and I looked at him as he stopped the car outside my house. "Well you'll want me as protection and you'll need to stop me murdering him! Look I really think it's time you told Danny because he's as capable as me, he probably wouldn't put his head under a heavy rock and squash it repeatedly! Honesty needs to be said here" he reasoned and I smiled at him.

"Ben you say my grammar and use of English is worse than mine sometimes!" I teased getting out the car and he laughed shaking his head as he shut the door waiting for me to open the front door. "Just trust me here okay?" I asked and he nodded looking worried.