Catalyst

Company

Going to that party was a horrible idea. Except for one thing:

"Hey, my name's Andy.", he says to me.
I stare at him, trying to focus my eyes on how he looks like. It's a bit dark outside. The people that were once out here have gone inside because of the cold wind.
I wipe away the water from my eyes and scoot my knees up to my chest.
"Hi...", I mumble. "I'm Gabriella."
He smiles at me. "Pretty name. Mind if I sit next to you?"
I shake my head and he kneels down next to me. He smells like apples. How strange, in a party that smells like alcohol and weed, he comes out smelling like apples.
I glance at him while he looks up into the night sky. He's wearing a black shirt with a leather jacket over it. His hair is messy, a good kind of messy. Dirty blonde. He turns to me and grins.
His eyes are so blue it hurts.
"You okay?", he asks.
A jolt of nervousness scorches through me, I'd ask the same question if I saw someone sitting alone, outside, with tears running down their face though.
I nod quickly. "Yeah, yeah."
I look at my knees but feel his eyes on me.
"Well, I don't believe you. But that's okay. You don't need to tell me. Did you come here alone?"
I think for a bit. "No. I came here with a friend."
"May I ask who?"
"This guy named Tony..", I mumble and roll my eyes.
"Tony Perry?"
I nod.
"Oh, yeah. I'm friends with him. Well, his whole band. Don't mean to be nosy- but are you his girlfriend?"
I let out a laugh. "Nope. Not even close." I turn to him. "What about you? Did you come here with a certain someone?"
This time he looks away. "No, I didn't. Just came to have a good time. I was actually bored until I came out here."
"Oh really?"
He nods and smiles, running his hand just over the top of the water of the pool. "Yeah.. It smells like pot in there. And sex. And most of the people, all of the people, are drunk in there. It's nice out here. Really, nice."
He turns and looks at me, I smile.
"Now, can you tell me why you were crying?", he asks.

Let's rewind now.
Two hours earlier.

"Gabriella!! Wow! I'm so happy to see you! How have you been, girl?!", Vic yells out. He gives me a one armed hug and hands me a red cup full of alcohol and soda.
Jaime and Mike come up to me and both give me a kiss on the cheek, greeting me.
"Damn, it's about time you showed up again!", Mike says.
Tony introduces me to some of his new friends, and I start to chat with some of them.
I'm not so sure how much time passes. I just know that I'm a bit tipsy and ready for some more excitement. I see Tony and he seems to be having a good time catching up with his friends while I'm chatting with some random people.
Out of no where, I feel Tony pull on my arm. I turn to look at him and he nods his heads to the other direction. I smile and drink the last that's in my cup, and follow him.
He wraps his arm around me and kisses my neck and cheek. We pass by a cluster of people and make it to his room, slamming his door shut.
He lays me down on the bed and we start to go at it.
I bite his lip, he bites mine. The taste of whiskey all over me.
"You always smell so good.", he mumbles in my neck.
I chuckle and lick the bottom of his lip. He gets on top of me and I feel his hand go under my dress.
"Tony-", I whisper.
"Yes..?", he says as his hand feels up on my leg.
"Do you really love me...?"
He stops and stares at me. "Of course I do."
I shut my eyes. I shouldn't have asked that question. I'm just making myself seem so stupid, because I'm believing his lies. Every time.
He reaches up higher.
Stop it. Stop him right now.
He clings his finger around my underwear.
Tell him to stop, and get out of here.
His mouth connects with mine.
Tell him you're done with this game. That you don't want to play it anymore!
And right as he's pulling down my panties...
There's a knock on the door.
We both stop.
He shakes his head. "Drunk people. Fuck 'em.", he mumbles.
He starts pulling them down again.
Then, more knocking.
He sighs. "It's probably one of the guys."
He kisses my cheek and gets up off me. He zips up his pants and fixes his shirt. I shimmy up my panties and pull my dress down.
He opens the door, just a crack of it.
"What-", he stops.
He gives a small glance at me then leans in over the door creak.
I sit up on the bed, trying to get a better view of who it is. No use, Tony is blocking everything.
But I could barley hear his mumbles.
"No- no, stop. Stop!", he whispers, sharply. "Look, I can- okay. No- wait-"
He sighs and shuts the door.
"Who was it?", I ask.
He turns to me and shakes his head. "No one."
"Tony, just tell me who it was."
"No one!"
I get off the bed. "Fine. I'll find out then."
He grabs my arm and pushes me back. "Why does it matter?!", he yells.
I push him back. "Don't fucking yell at me!"
I walk past him and slam open the door.
Then my heart drops. This blonde girl turns around immediately, and we both stare at each other.
Stephanie walks closer to me and I start to back away.
I bump into Tony and turn around. "Look, I can explain-", he starts to say. I don't know what comes over me- all of these emotions maybe- and I slap him. Hard.
He jumps back and stares at me, touching his cheek. My hands are trembling and I feel my face get hot.
"What is wrong with you?!", I yell, my eyes getting watery. "Why do you- what is wrong with you?!"
"Oh, so you were doing nothing? Just sleeping?", I hear Stephanie say. I turn back to her. She glances at me then back to Tony. "You're a fucking sleaze Tony."
She looks at me. "I'm so sorry.", she mouths before storming off.
I am so confused.
"Wait!", I yell out.
"Gabby-", Tony says. I ignore him and run after Stephanie.
I catch up to her and grab her arm.
"Tell me what has been going on between you too. Right now. I deserve to know!"
Her eyes are watery.
"He- he told me that he had cut it off with you. I don't know- we've just been seeing each other, but I'm sorry. I just- I have to go- sorry."
She pulls away and leaves the house. I stand there, in shock.
Then I snap out of it.
This is it. That line has been crossed a long time ago, but this time, it's passed it's borders.
I stomp back into Tonys room where I find him with his head is his hands.
He looks up apologetically.
"Please, Gabby, let me-"
I push him and smack his chest.
"Why do you do this to me?! Why am I so stupid to believe your lies?! What the fuck?!?", I yell in his face. He stands up and grabs both of my wrists.
"Gabby, Gabby, baby, please-"
"Don't call me baby! Don't even call me Gabby anymore! What is wrong with you? I don't see you for what- a month?! And then all of a sudden you call me up, and treat me like an angel. But you're still fucking her?! Why?!"
I try shaking him off, but give up.
"Let me go!!", I scream.
"Gabriella- Gabby- I'm sorry- please. You've always been the one. I'm just so stupid- I don't know how to handle everything going on, I didn't want to hurt you-"
He holds me against his chest.
"It's too late, Tony- please, let me go!", I sob and try getting away from his embrace.
I push away and fall back. He tries catching me and I smack his hands away.
"I'm not you're fucking toy anymore!", I yell. "You made me fall for you over and over again. You made me lose sleep. You made me believe that I actually had something with you again. Well- no more, Tony! No more! I'm done! You hear me?! Fucking done! Go fuck yourself now- I'm not there for that anymore!"
I spit in his face and storm out of the room.
As I start to walk to where all the cars are- I remember that
He's
Your
Ride
I let out a deep sigh and turn to the pool area.
I take me heels off and dip my feet into the freezing water. It's so cold out here, but I'd rather be here then in there.
As I sob here, I hear someone approaching. I look and I see...

"You. And that's what happened. And now I'm here.", I say.
I swish my feet around in the water and look back up to him.
"Wow... I don't want to hate on him cuz he's my friend, but shit. That's really fucked up.", he says.
"Yeah, you know, I can't believe I just told you all of that. I guess that whiskey is still in me.. I mean, all I know is your name. But I guess I just don't care anymore..."
"You can trust me."
I laugh. "Do I need to tell you the story again?"
He laughs. "I'm serious. You can. But I guess I need to spend more time with you to prove that..."
"I don't need this right now
"No- no.. Not like that. Sorry. But really, not all guys are like him. I promise."
I simply laugh.
"I'm serious. Look, how about I take you home. You did say he was your ride, right? I can drop you off."
I stare at him, smiling at me.
"Would it help if I say that I'm not like him?"
I smile. "Only a little."
He stands up and takes his jacket off.
"Here, it's freezing."
I stand up and smile at him. "Thanks."
He pulls it over me, the warmth touching my cold arms, and walks me to his car.

"I'm sorry about what happened tonight. You didn't deserve that."
I sigh. "I guess I did though. I was stupid enough to believe him."
"You're not stupid."
I smile to myself.
"So, Andy, are you in a band too?"
He laughs. "Yep."
"Oh.."
"But I'm different, okay?!"
I laugh. "Sure. What band?"
"We Came As Romans. I play bass. And yes, I am different!"
"Oh, I've heard of you guys. You've been on tour with Pierce."
"Yup. We have."
"That's cool."
"What about you?"
"I'm not in a band, sorry. I go to college. I'm a Veterinarian."
He laughs. "Whoa. You are?!"
"Mmhmm!"
"That's awesome. I love animals."
"Me too. I love my job."
"It must be cool."
"It is. At times it isn't, but I love it nonetheless. Oh- take a turn right into these apartments."
I show him where to park and he stops the car.
We sit there for a while, silent.
"Thanks, Andy. A lot."
He turns to me and smiles. "Don't mention it."
"Well- I guess I should be going. I'm exhausted."
"Wait- here-"
He hands me a piece of paper with his number.
"Andy-", I say.
"No, no. Just- take it, okay? Let me show you I'm a nice guy. Who is the complete opposite of Tony. Just keep it, alright?"
I smirk at him. "Fine. Fine."
He smiles. "And call. Whenever you want, but call."
"Sure.", I smile.
He pats my hand. "Have a good night okay? I'll kick Tonys ass for you."
I laugh. "Thanks. And, it's okay. He'll kick his own ass. I never want to hear his name again. Goodnight Andy."
"Goodnight Gabriella."
I get out of his car and run back into my apartment. Once I get in, I head straight for my bed.
Then realize, I forgot to give him back his jacket.

He's good.
He's real good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! Depending on the feedback whether to post more chapters.
Hope you liked!