Status: Just starting up!

Two Months With One Direction 2

Chapter One

A/N Before reading, I highly recommend checking out Two Months With One Direction, the story prior to this one. You don’t necessarily have to, but you’d be given a greater insight to things that happened in the past and details about the individual characters. You can go to my profile and find the other story there. If you’ve read TMWOD, then welcome back to Clary’s world! Lastly, I hope you enjoy! :) ~Tabitha

I tapped my fingers aimlessly along the arm of my chair, staring off into space as I waited. I readjusted myself in my seat, glancing around at the other people.

I’m currently at the airport thirty minutes from my house, waiting to pick up my sister, Julie. She recently went on vacation with a few of her good friends to the Bahamas, while I got to stay at home and house watch for my parents. Yeah, they were gone too. Somewhere off in Africa, finding ways to improve the purity of water. My good friends were supposed to be watching the house with me, but of course they were all on vacation as well. Hazel and Annette are currently in London, visiting Liam and Zayn....

Oh, did I forget to mention that we’re all dating One Direction?

Maybe I should explain that a bit better. A few months ago, my friend Christine won a crazy contest that gave her the opportunity to be flown off to meet the boys. Her parents wouldn’t agree to let her go by herself, so somehow their management team agreed to let her bring along some friends. She chose Hazel, Annette, Millie, and myself to accompany her. I was reluctant at first, but after a little convincing from her I begrudgingly agreed to go.

I wasn’t a fan of theirs, I thought they were all superficial popstars with egos higher than the Empire State Building. Man, was I wrong.

It turned out that each week I spent with them, I liked them more and more. The contest required that we each take a week and get to know each of the boys, by going on dates with them and things of that sort. I hated the idea at first, but it had some good benefits as time went on.

I learned that Louis is a really cool guy, he always has me laughing. Niall is a total sweetheart, I can tell him anything. Zayn’s like the older brother I’ve always wanted, he’s very protective over me. Liam’s completely genuine, I trust him one hundred percent. He makes me feel special, and I almost decided that I wanted to date him for real. But then there’s Harry...

Harry Styles drives me absolutely insane. With one look from him, I’m either completely turned on or completely ticked off. He makes my blood pressure rise, and he gives me tons of headaches. If you asked him, he’d tell you the things I say the most often to him are: “Shut up,” “Get away from me,” and “I hate you!” But in reality, it’s quite the opposite.

When he’s not getting on my last nerve, I couldn’t imagine what life would be like without him. He makes me smile daily, keeps me calm when necessary, and smile without a reason.

And I wouldn’t change a single thing.

My chain of thought was interrupted at that moment as my phone buzzed, sending my heart into a frenzy. People around me gave quizzical and sympathetic looks as I sheepishly pulled my phone out of my back pocket.

From: Julie
Hey, Clary! Please don’t hate me, but...my flight back home arrived two hours ago and Henry was able to come get me! Isn’t he the sweetest? Hope you’re not too mad...love you, sis!

I stared at my phone unbelievably. I’ve been sitting in this airport for an hour, waiting on someone to arrive that had already arrived and left? And since when was Henry back? Henry’s her husband who she got married to last year, he’s in the army. He’s supposed to be out of the country as of now though, what changed?

To: Julie
I really wish you could have told me earlier, but whatever. It’s not like I had anything better to do..going to feel sorry for myself by spending loads of money on some overpriced airport food. Love you.

I threw my phone down in my lap, before leaning over and placing my head in my hands. I sighed, today’s been a big let down.

“YES!”

I jerked up when I heard the man two seat downs from me scream, and looked at him curiously. He was dressed in a nice suit and a kind of limo driver’s hat. Earlier he had been furiously scratching on something with a quarter which was what I assumed to be lottery tickets. He confirmed my suspicions when he jumped up and held one up in the air proudly.

“Did you have a winner, sir?” I asked politely.

He grinned down at me. “Did I? Well, if you consider a million dollars a winner, then yeah, I do!”

My eyes widened. “That’s amazing!”

“You bet it is! Looks like I won’t be needing this anymore!” He took off his hat and pushed it roughly down on my head.

“Hey!” I protested, jumping up and lifting it so I could see. He was now shoving a sign into my hands.

“Do me a favor and escort these two girls around, will you? I’ve got to go turn my ticket in!”

“What? I’m not a chauffeur!” I cried out, but he started turning away.

“Looks like you are now! I’m rich!” He cheered before darting away through the crowd.

I looked after him incredulously, not believing what just happened. I sank back down in my chair, and glanced at the people around me. They looked as if things like that happened daily, for they didn’t show any signs of weirdness. I groaned before picking up the sign to see what people I had to drive around today. I better get paid for this.

Miss Hazel Cray and Miss Annette Kent

I read the names over five times, surely they couldn’t be the same Hazel and Annette as my friends? They aren’t supposed to be back for a week.

“Clary?!”

I looked up at the sound of my name, preparing myself for yet another surprise. I was granted this when I found out it was indeed the girls of question, clutching their luggage and grinning widely.

I gaped at them dumbfoundedly. “Hazel....Annette?”

“Well don’t just sit there like you’ve seen a ghost, welcome us back!” Annette demanded.

“And give us a hug!” Hazel added in, jerking me up by my left hand.

I was finally able to respond by putting my arms around the two of them, starting to grin.

“We missed you so much!” Annette stated once we all pulled away.

“I missed you too! I so wish I could have came visited the boys with you.”

“So do we, it just wasn’t the same without you and the other two. Have you heard from them recently?” Hazel asked.

“Yeah, just this morning actually. Millie is completely bored out of her mind in Montana, saying there’s nothing fun to do. But on the other hand, Christine is having the time of her life off in Europe with her cousins.”

Millie’s parents felt that she wasn’t focused enough on school, so for her college years they forced her to move to Montana with her grandparents. There’s a local University just down the street from their house that she attends. Christine is also attending University, but somewhere off in Europe studying Renaissance culture. Luckily for me, Annette and Hazel both decided to attend colleges nearby our hometown, so we get to see each other quite often.

“Good, good! Well I’m starving, Clary. Want to treat us to a late lunch? You do? Okay, let’s go!” Annette spoke hurriedly while Hazel nodded in agreement. They then started pushing me towards an exit.

I laughed off-handedly for a second before planting my feet to the ground, causing us to stop. “Um, you guys, my car is parked in the lot outside that exit,” I stated, pointing to the one across from where we were now, “And why are you both in such a rush?”

“No reason, we’re just hungry!” Hazel said dismissively before dragging my across the airport. Annette kept glancing behind us, an evil smile playing at her lips.

“Seriously guys, you know I hate secrets!” I whined, trying to turn and see what they were staring at.

“What secret? We don’t have any secrets, psht.” Annette clarified, wheeling her luggage in front of us on the sidewalk.

“Where’s your car parked?” Hazel inquired, trying to spot it through the hundreds of cars in the lot.

“This way...” I murmured, walking in front of them to lead the way.

“I hope it isn’t too far away, I’m a lazy kid,” Sighed Annette.

“So am I, and just wait until the jet lag really sinks in, ugh,” Hazel complained.

“You guys be quiet, we’re almost there!”

“Oh I can see it!” Cheered Annette, running happily ahead of us.

“Uh, Annie, that’s not my car...” I said, holding back a laugh.

“Oh...this is awkward,” She responded, sheepishly smiling at the elderly couple who were throwing her quizzical looks from the inside of their car.

“I found it!” Announced Hazel, who was right unlike Annette.

I produced the key from my pocket, hitting the unlock button twice before opening the trunk for them. Once all of the bags were stacked neatly, I hopped in the driver’s seat. Annette claimed the passenger’s seat while Hazel jumped in the back. Within minutes, we were off.

“Where would you like to eat?” I questioned once out on the highway.

“Applebee’s, Outback, Olive Garden, Nando’s...” Hazel listed off.

I laughed. “There isn’t a Nando’s anywhere near here.”

She sighed. “I know, but that’s all the boys fed us and it was dang good.”

“How about some McDonald’s or something? All those places you listed are expensive and I only have about five American dollars to my name as of right now...you think they’d accept European currency?” Annette pondered, rummaging through her wallet.

“How about we stop by the bank and let you go ahead and exchange your money, then we’ll go to Burger King,” I suggested, switching lanes of traffic.

“Now you’re talking!” She grinned, leaning back in her seat contently.

Hazel sighed. “I hate Burger King...but I guess one meal won’t hurt me...” She must have seen the daggers I was sending her through the rearview mirror, for she quickly ducked her head and became interested in her phone.

“We should be at the bank in about five minutes....your parents did give you the okay to spend the week with me, didn’t they?” I asked, changing subjects momentarily.

“Yeah girl! They said it was no problem since it’s fall break and all,” Answered Annette, staring out the window.

“Cool. I finally finished my paper yesterday for History, so I can devote the rest of the week to you guys.”

“Whoop whoop! It’s gonna be a party!” Annette grinned, turning to Hazel. They exchanged devious glances, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

Instead of pressing the issue, I changed the topic. “So, that guy that won the lottery ticket...that was a setup, right?”

Hazel looked at me with a confused expression. “What guy with the lottery ticket?”

“The limo driver.”

“A limo driver with a lottery ticket? Doesn’t ring a bell....” Annette furrowed her eyebrows together. It was hard to tell if they were being serious or not, they were good actresses.

“Guys,” I sighed.

They both started laughing. “Just kidding, that guy was an actor. He’s one of my sister’s friends and he agreed to do it if Hazel went on a date with him....oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that part, Haze.”

Hazel groaned. “Seriously? Ugh, whatever, I guess I will....but you’re going to be the one to tell Liam.”

She grinned. “Okay! Zayn will protect me!”

I smirked at the two of them before continuing on. “Was my sister apart of the plan too?”

Hazel nodded. “Yep, we got her to deliberately tell you the wrong time to be there and everything. Henry found out he was able to take leave last week so it worked out perfectly.”

“Oh, alright,” I answered simply, pulling into the bank, “Don’t take too long, I’m hungry too.”

“Kay kay,” Annette muttered as she hopped out of the car, with Hazel trailing behind her. I leaned back in my seat, and closed my eyes knowing they would take forever anyways.

It’s been a crazy day.

* * * * * * * * *

“How much longer until we’re there?” Whined Hazel.

I rolled my eyes. “You should know where we are by now, just one more minute.”

Annette’s phone buzzed and she smiled as she read the text. “Perfect!”

“What’s perfect?” I asked frustratingly, pulling into the long driveway where I had left the gates open earlier.

My parents lived in a three-story rock house, complete with a pool, pastures, barns, fancy cars, you name it. There’s even a guest house, that is just about as big as the one they lived in. It was nice and all, but I prefered a smaller, more comfier environment. I was left here alone a lot nowadays, since my sister moved out and my parents were always off somewhere else. That’s why I was happy to live in a dorm room, only coming home for holidays or seasonal breaks.

“You’ll see...” Hazel said excitedly, nose pressed up against the window.

“You’re smearing the glass,” I informed her. As I pulled the car into park and got out, I noticed something down by the guest house. I squinted my eyes against the sun, raising a hand up to shield them.

“Were you guys expecting anyone...?” I asked hesitantly, taking in the black car that was parked in the side driveway.

They both got out and grinned at me, before taking off at a sprint towards the guest house. I debated on whether to follow them or not, before finally deciding to walk behind them at a slower pace.

They were already inside by the time I made it, so I took a closer look at the car. It was a rental from the airport, so whoever was here must have flown in recently.

I walked up the steps slowly, counting each footfall and resting my hand on the knob. I swear, nobody better jump out at me. Turning my hand to the right, I pushed the door in, stepping into darkness. I fumbled my hand along the wall, flicking the switch to the corridor light swiftly before searching the area for anyone.

No one was here.

I heard the sound of Hazel and Annette’s laughter from the living room, so I hesitantly started down that way.

There was a light evident from beneath the door, and I tried to listen to hear any other voices, but all was silent now. Without being able to take it anymore, I pulled the door open.

“Clary!” Four voices cried.

My mouth dropped open. “Zayn? Liam?”

They grinned at me from their positions in the room, Zayn seated beside Annette on one couch and Liam and Hazel on the other.

“How have you been?” Liam asked, jumping up and giving me a hug. Zayn was soon to follow.

“Um, fine...” I muttered.

“CLARY MONROE, IS THAT YOU?” A voiced boomed.

I looked up towards the loft that overlooked the living room, to find none other than Louis Tomlinson beaming down at me.

“Yeah?” I responded, not so sure anymore.

“Niall, get in here!” Zayn called. No more than five seconds later, Niall was poking his head around the corner with an armful of food.

“Hey Clary, I’m so glad you had this place stocked, I was starved.”

I nodded at him once, glancing around at all of them again. This couldn’t be happening. If they were all here, that meant the fifth member was here as well...but where exactly was he...

“Hey.”

I gasped and whirled around at the sign of someone’s hands being placed on my shoulders, and my eyes met none other than Harry’s.

This was all becoming too much.

“I....need some air,” I stated abruptly, shrugging out of his grip and running back towards the front door.

As I was just about to exit, I vaguely heard Louis say, “Well, she took that well.”

He doesn’t know the half of it.

What have these girls done by bringing them here?
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! Thanks so much for reading that snazzy first chapter! Haha just kidding, it wasn't snazzy, a bit boring if I do say so myself, but usually all first chapters are! It'll become more interesting I swear, give it a chance! I really hope everyone that read my first story comes back for this one, or even reads my completely unrelated story (Where Fate Takes Us). I'm really rambling, which I hate when author's do so I'll stop now before I completely bore everyone to death so you won't feel obliged to come back....Thanks for reading! :)