Torn

Misunderstanding!

“Dad…I…got…back…and…I…knocked…and…I…found…Nora…” every word was followed by a deep breath and a short exhale.

“Lillian Rose Kingsley-Carter, you are a police officer, so act like one!” he says sternly down the phone. I take a deep breath and nod even though I know he’s not going to know.

“Nora is dead, I found her dead. It looks natural. When I found her I assessed the scene observantly, the windows are shut and the door is wide open.” I sniffle as I hear the ambulance and go to let them in.

“Lily?” it was Darren again on my Dad’s phone. I um, in response and he carries on, “Lily, your Dad is just grabbing his file for the police, are you okay?”

“I think so.” I realise how much my life has changed in four hours.

I then put the phone down and show the officers and the Dr to the scene, he confirms she is dead and then leaves as a coroner arrives with the CSIs and they do their jobs and then Garry laughs as he comes towards me and says “twice in one night a record.” I sigh.

I tell him everything I know and what I did and touched. I then go and sit in my bedroom and roll into a ball under my quilt like when I was 9 as my grandparents died on their way to my 9th birthday party, I had blamed myself for their death at the time.

I hear a knock as I poke my head above the quilt; Darren tilts his head sympathetically as I move above the covers to the end of the bed. He sits next to me and hugs me lovingly my head snug under his neck. I move to stretch my arm around him and wince as I remember my muscle. He rubs my arm as I push myself into him trying to absorb his musky smell.

My Dad knocks once and pushes the door open. We separate slightly and my Dads eyes get bigger.

“Fuck. I knew it!” he looks down and rubs his head, “Darren I can’t believe your fucking my daughter!” he looks sick as the words leave his mouth.

Darren jumps up. “Whoa, Harvey that’s too far! I am not sleeping with Lily. We have kissed I admit, but no further.”

“You utter arsehole!” Dad then left hooks Darren’s other eye, so that’s where my punching skills came from.

“Dad!” I grab his fist with my arm as he pulls back for another. “Dad! I am twenty three in two weeks!” I give him a stern look, “I can choose who I see and who I will FUCK!” I say fuck with as much malice as he did.

He storms out and leaves.

“Dad?!” I whisper, tears rolling down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just A Filler but its so full of action :D