Pain

Waffles

He leans over and kisses me on the cheek. I giggle and he rolls his eyes with a slight smile on his face. Syn does that every time, it's cute.
He hands me a piece of ice, "Suck on this."
I put the ice in my mouth and look at him, I could do this for hours.
He jumps up, "I hear my cell, I'll be right back."
I strain my ears and barely hear his ring tone.
He runs out of the room and back in almost as fast, "Hi, Matt!"
Why's he looking at my like that?
He hands me another piece of ice, "Suck it, oh god, Zacky, suck it!" He moans into the phone.
I can't believe him.
Then he giggles into the phone, "What do you think he was sucking, Matt?"
He smiles at me, "I don't know what we did."
His smile gets bigger, "Oh!"
I frown at him, what? He says bye and hangs up the phone.
He flops down beside me, "Apparently, me and you made out in front of Matt, Johnny, and Jimmy. Then we went to a piercing place and you got those attached to your lip."
Does he know I remember that, does he want to know?
"Damn, I wish I remembered what we did last night. It sounded fun."
He smiles at me.

Why's Zacky looking at me like that, "What?"
Zacky shakes his head. Does he remember, "Was I good?"
He blushes and nods.
I smile, "Zack, you need some sleep man. It'll get your mind off the pain."
Zacky nods and lays back, "What if I can't get to sleep?"
I snuggle into him, "Shut up and go back to sleep."
I lay beside him for a couple minutes and when I'm sure he's asleep I get up quietly and start to go to the kitchen. I stop when I see his clothes on the floor. I'd better pick those up. I grab his pants and see a piece of paper sticking out of the pocket. I pull it out and look at it.

General Oral Piercing Care
Do NOT use alcohol, peroxide, or witch hazel to clean piercing. They will kill the new skin cells.
AVOID straws and smoking. Suction will increase the possibility of swelling.
AVOID drinking alcoholic beverages. Will kill skin cells
AVOID acidic foods and beverages like oranges, lemons, and orange juice. Will sting like hell.
AVOID spices which will irritate oral piercing.
Clean all piercings with CLEAR LIQUID ANTIBACTERIAL soap and warm water.
Rinse mouth out with 50/50 Listerine and water.

Lip Piercings
Do NOT suck on piercings, will cause swelling.
Clean well and everyday.
Cut up food if lip is swollen, lessens movement that could cause pain.
Rotate periodically, but carefully, it stings like a bitch!
Cold feels good, remember that!

Heal time: 4-6 weeks

If you have any questions call:
555-3825

It's the aftercare instructions! Oh, thank god, I thought I'd have to make it up as I went along. So no straws or smoking... Ooh, no smoking or drinking for four weeks! We can do that... can I do that? Of course I can, I'm here for Zacky, always.
Okay, I have to go make breakfast. I walk to the kitchen after dropping off his dirty clothes. What can he eat? No orange juice, nothing to hard to eat and nothing he has to bite. Uh, I think I'll make waffles. I'll cut his up really small... really small. Now to find the stuff.
I remember seeing them in the freezer.
I love the toaster! It's so damn easy, put in waffles, wait a minute, and out pops golden crispy vanilla waffles!
I grab the syrup, two plates, two forks and the waffles.
Wait, I gotta cut his food up first. Tiny pieces. There... it looks kinda like mush, but it'll work.
I walk back to his room and set the food down on the side table. I gently shake him awake. He looks up and me and smiles, then grimaces in pain.
"I brought you waffles."
He sits up and I hand him his plate.
He mumbles, "Thanks Syn."
"Dude, no problem, you're my bestfriend, man, I gotta take care of you."