Status: one shot

Hideaway

....

In the depths of my bedroom there was a certain crook, a certain cranny that was kept within my closet. A pale light perched upon the ceiling, almost like an extremely cheap chandelier illuminated my closet, bringing the least amount of light around me. A teal blue splash of paint covered my walls, which were covered in post its and pieces of papers with doodles on them. A white beanbag chair, which I squeezed into that tiny crevice, was placed on top of a small black carpet on the floor. Stacks and mountains of books stood neatly against the wall with no specific order at all. That place had been there ever since I was a child; it was my hideaway.

The reason I named that place my hideaway was because I would run in there and stay all day if I were able to. I was away from everyone and everything that bothered me. It would just me my books, my thoughts, and I. The heaps of books I kept were only the best, the best that would feed my imagination. the wonderful science fiction and fantasies that I loved so dearly. All five mortal instruments were lined up perfectly in order from the city of bones to the city of lost souls. Right below that was all of the harry potter books. All of my books had something to do with wizards, shadow hunters, demons, vampires, werewolves, faeries, fallen angels and many more creatures. They all fascinated me, especially since someone always fell in love with another person. Those were the best kind of books. Those science fiction romance novels were pure Perfection.

Every night when I would be too restless, id crawl into my hideaway and read until dawn, my books were sometimes so well detailed that my corner turned into the exact scene I was reading. I would envision every single detail in my books, id reenact them and read aloud as if I were really the character. I used to pretend my corner opened up a secret portal to another world; A shadow hunter world. I guess you could say I was a bit imaginative. But aren’t we all?