Status: Active :)

When Nobody Else Is Looking

Chapter 2

Chapter 2
“THAT WAS SO COOL!” I heard Austin scream from behind me. He was followed closely by Alan and Tino.
“Hi Brittany,” Tino said.
“Hey Tino, call me Brye, everyone else does,” I replied and waved.
“I didn’t think such a little girl could scream like that!” Austin kept on going. The man was an endless pit of crazy.
“It’s not that hard,” I said and laughed as he went off with ten million questions.
After answering most of Austin’s questions, Kellin and a few others came over to talk to me.
“You sang that better than me!” Kellin said.
“No one can be better than you at your own song Kellin,” I replied with a laugh.
“That was bloody brilliant Brye,” Ben said as he was walking by. I blushed and played with my hair. To my utter embarrassment, Kellin noticed.
“You like him!” Kellin sang.
“Shhh! Shhh!” I shushed him. “I don’t even know yet!”
“That’s so cute!” He continued.
“What will it take for you to shut up?” I asked seriously.
“Honey, there aren’t enough bribes in the world to shut me up,” Kellin laughed. “But don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me.”
“Thanks dude,” I let out the breath I forgot I was holding.
“Don’t worry, Daddy Kellin will take care of you,” He said which caused me to burst out into a massive laughing fit.
“You’re great,” I said before saying good bye.
On my way back to my bus, I was really sweaty and gross so I had to pull up all my white hair into a pony tail to get it off my neck. I saw Ben while I was walking back. He was talking to his drummer James… Or should I say droomer. Either way, I took my time checking him out. He was in his typical mesh shorts and zip up hoodie without a shirt on underneath. It was only zipped up halfway so you could see his chest tattoos. They were birds, swallows or something I think. And he finally took off that god awful hat so I could see his gorgeous hair. He looked up just in time to catch me staring and winked again. I blushed and ran off and almost fell into the bus.
“Woah Brye, calm yourself,” Jesse said. I sighed heavily. He was not the one I wanted to find me first.
“What are you even talking about?” I asked, trying to cover up my blush. Sadly, I was no match for Jesse who I was probably closer with than any of the boys. That also meant I knew there was a high chance he couldn’t keep my secret to himself.
“I know what you’re doing, tell me what happened,” Jesse said and pulled me into the bus. We were like twins so it wasn’t too awkward.
“Nothing happened!” I insisted, hoping he’d just leave me be. We were both stubborn enough for twenty people.
“I don’t believe you!” He sang. “Now spill it or I’ll torture you for it.”
“Ugh, fine, I like a guy, what else is new?” I sighed and got up and went to the back. Jesse chuckled and knew he wouldn’t get anything else out of me today. I grabbed my phone from the charger before running back out into the hot morning air.
I got to watch Of Mice & Men later and then stuck around to see Asking Alexandria. After OM&M was off, Alan and Austin came over to me. I was sitting on my usual spot on the railing against the fence.
“What’d you think?” Alan asked. Austin didn’t really want to talk, he was too busy having a relationship with his water bottle.
“Holy shit, you were great!” I said and hugged both men.
“My fingers are burning!” Alan complained. I laughed at him and Austin. They really complained a lot.
“Then go take care of them!” I said and pushed them off towards the exit.
I was watching Ben on stage so intently behind my sunglasses that I didn’t even realize that Kellin had walked up to me. He pretended to push me off before jumping the barrier and standing in front of me. I was lucky he was so short so I could see over his head and still stare at Ben without him noticing.
“Enjoying the view are we?” Kellin said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I giggled and blushed and hid in my hair. I noticed Ben look over at me.
“God Kellin, get lost!” I said and pushed him lightly. Ben turned around again and finished setting up his pedal board just the way he likes it.
“You’re so funny when you’re embarrassed!” Kellin told me.
“Shut it! It’s not like I even have a shot anyways,” I grumbled, very unhappy with him for making me realize this crucial fact. He just laughed. Yes, he actually laughed at me.
“Brit! Have you seen yourself lately?” Kellin started. “You’re gorgeous! And Ben would be an idiot not to see that and appreciate that you picked him.”
“Thanks Kellin, that made me feel a little better,” I said with a grin.
“Take it from a married man, I’ve perfected this art,” Kellin said before jumping the barrier again. “I’ll just leave you to your oogling.” And with a wink, he was running off.
I watched them play and I couldn’t take my eyes off Ben. His hair was just so perfect and fluffy, he had a decent set of muscles and the way he looked when he played was great. He was so into the music. My favorite parts were always his. I swear I cried a little when they played Not The American Average. I hated the fact that every wanna be fan of theirs only knew that song, but it was still a masterpiece and I loved it just the same. I waited at my spot while they got all their crap off stage. Finally Ben came down and he was close enough so I could talk to him.
“You did great Ben!” I called and got his attention. He walked over with a smirk.
“I kind of fucked up the end there,” He drawled. God his accent was sexy.
“You were fine, I could barely tell,” I reassured him. “It’s only because I know your music inside and out.”
“Thanks,” He said. “Do you really know it that well?”
“Of course I do! I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it,” I chuckled and was mesmerized as he ran a hand through his hair.
“Would you be able to play the piano part then?” He asked, referring to the last song.
“Why is that even a question?” I laughed but I was soon interrupted by Anthony.
“Brittany Chelsea! You get your ass back on the bus for an interview!” He shouted at me.
“Ugh fine, I gotta go, I’ll see you around Ben,” I said before getting down.
“I’m sure you will,” Ben said just as I ran off. I almost thought I’d misheard him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, expect Ben to be around for a while :P