Status: Active :)

When Nobody Else Is Looking

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
“Brye, why are you so late?” Jesse taunted.
“Because if I wasn’t, it wouldn’t be me,” I replied before sprawling out over all of my boys who were on the couch.
Over all, the interview was boring. The interviewer was mildly awkward and had a bad sense of humor. The questions were the typical crap. Where did your name come from? Are you single? When can we expect new music? Where do you see yourself in ten years? What are you going to do when your old? What do your parents think? We’ve only heard it a million times.
Once the interviewer left, Jesse really laid into me with his own questions.
“TELL US WHO YOU LIKE!” He screamed at the top of his lungs.
“You like someone Brye?” Brody asked, surprised. I just stuck my tongue out at him and rolled my eyes at Jesse.
“Come on, we can help you!” Jesse said. I just sighed and bolted out the bus as fast as I could. Somehow I ended up in the Of Mice & Men bus.
“Well hello there,” Alan said with a laugh.
“Hide me!” I gasped from all the running. Alan just patted the spot next to him on the couch. I sat beside him and looked over to see what he was doing on his laptop. He was just watching some stupid videos on YouTube.
“Why are you hiding?” Alan asked me, shutting his laptop.
“Jesse wants to know who I like,” I admitted and leaned my head back.
“You like a boy?!” Austin said, sticking his head out of his bunk to look at us.
“It’s nothing big, just a crush,” I sighed and didn’t move.
“Who? Who? Who?” Austin started chanting. I sighed.
“You two have to SWEAR to keep this a secret, the only other one who knows is Kellin,” I cautioned them.
“I swear on my pet’s lives!” Austin said.
“Fine, Ilikebenbruce,” I forced it out really quick.
“THAT’S SO CUTE!” Austin shouted. “But he can be a little bit of a douche, are you ready for that?”
“Please, it’s not like I can’t handle him,” I brushed Austin off.
“Are you sure? We don’t want you to get hurt,” Alan said.
“I’ve been through hell and back, I think I can handle myself Alan,” I replied. Of course they asked what happened.
So I told them. I had been in a few abusive relationships and gotten depressed. I’ve gone to the most drastic measures to end the pain, including having to be pulled back from the edge of Niagara Falls. I was lucky my friends cared so much and everyone’s music had been there to help me through it. After it all, Austin and Alan just hugged me on the couch and we chilled out.
“If he hurts you, I swear, I’ll cut his fucking head off,” Austin said.
“I’ll bring the knife!” Alan added.
“I love you guys,” I said and leaned against Alan while we watched a cat fall out a window. Austin was squishing me on the other side. We watched a little more before Brian finally found where I was hiding.
“We got Jesse to agree to back off if you want to come get some food with us,” Brian offered.
“I’m not-,” I was going to say I’m not hungry, but I stopped talking once Brian gave me the death glare.
“Get your skinny ass moving Brittany,” He said, using my whole name. I sighed and hugged the boys before getting up.
“I’ll see you guys later,” I called before following Brian out of the bus. We got our food and then sat on the ground in the shade of the bus.
“So, you’ve made quite the impact on everyone,” Brian started.
“I kinda figured that would happen after everyone heard me scream, I think I hurt myself though,” I said and rubbed my throat.
“I can text Jess and see if he’ll bring you something,” Brian offered.
“Yeah sure,” I said gratefully. Fifteen minutes later, Jesse showed up with a mug full of lemon juice, honey and water. It sounds gross, but it tastes pretty yummy and it helps your voice recover.
“Now, no more talking you dumbass,” Jesse told me before leaving.
“You realize he’s still going to ask you who you like tonight,” Brian pointed out. I nodded and ate my food and drank my… well I call it tea but whatever.
“Oh, the great Brittany likes someone?” I heard a familiar voice drawl behind me. “Who’s the lucky man?” I turned to see Ben leaning on the tree behind me. Just as I opened my mouth, Brian cut me off.
“She hurt herself so she can’t talk,” He said.
“We’ll make a screamer of you yet love,” Ben said before walking off.
“You’re welcome,” Was all Brian said as we finished our food.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... yeah. as if some of this isn't obvious enough already. I'd love some comments! :) and sorry for not uploading consistently, I'll try to get on that. I'm gonna say look back on friday and if it doesn't happen, you may hang me.