Status: Active :)

When Nobody Else Is Looking

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Back on the bus, I couldn’t help but think about Ben. His perfect hair, his perfect smile, his amazing voice. It was like a disease! He just wouldn’t get out of my head. God, maybe I was just going crazy.
“Hey, Jess, where’d you hide the booze?” I yelled to the back lounge where I knew he was playing video games.
“UNDER THE SINK!” He screamed back.
“Thanks bro!” I said and opened the cupboard. Sure enough, we had a hoard of alcohol. I took a bottle of Jack out and opened it.
“Isn’t it a little early to start drinking?” Jo asked me. He was usually perceived as the quiet but in reality was probably the craziest out of all of us, at least while drunk. I popped in one of my CDs and hit shuffle. It was a feel good kind of music so I laid on the couch, stared at the ceiling and drank all my stupid thoughts away. I heard Josh groan in the back, he must’ve been playing with Jesse. He really hates my music when I’m feeling funny.
“What is going on in here?” An asked as he stormed up the stairs. To be fair, my music was always crazy loud too.
“I’m drowning my thoughts in whiskey and loud music,” I replied from where I was on the couch. An was used to it by now. It happened whenever I was having an off day. The only difference was the music I played. If I was sad, it was usually Sleeping with Sirens or Of Mice & Men’s The Flood. If I was angry, it tended to go towards Suicide Silence and August Burns Red. When I was depressed it was Pierce the Veil and lastly was my just generally funny mood. I played some Stereos. They were a band from Canada that I liked back in the day. No one else knew who they were since I was one of the few Canadians on this tour.
“Don’t get too drunk, we have the first show tomorrow,” Anthony said before leaving me with myself.
Not gonna lie, I got a little buzzed, but not anywhere near drunk. People came and went through the bus but only one person stayed in the front to talk to me.
“What are you doing?” I heard him ask. I was surprised that he would stop to talk to me.
“Drinking, want some?” I offered and lifted the bottle off the floor from where I’d put it.
“Why yes I would, thanks love,” He said and drank some. “So what are you really up to?”
“Just chilling the only way I know how,” I replied and moved my feet as he went to sit on the other end. He didn’t get off so easy since I just put my feet in his lap after he was settled.
“This doesn’t seem like much fun,” He said and ran a hand through his hair.
“I shouldn’t really be doing this, I’m practicing my harmonies,” I said and grabbed the bottle back from him.
“Well then stop, we don’t need you hurting yourself,” He said. I finally looked up to see Ben turning off my music.
“HEY!” I yelled and immediately regretted it. He also took my alcohol and replaced it with my bottle of tea from before.
“You have a show tomorrow remember? We all have to be at our best,” Ben told me. “You’re underage anyways,” He said with a smirk.
“I’m 18! I can do everything BUT drink!” I argued. Ben just laughed and patted my knee.
“Well you certainly look old enough, I keep forgetting you’re barely legal,” Ben laughed.
“Legal enough,” I said before turning on the TV and flipping through the channels until I found something decent.
By now, the alcohol was making me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. It was also making me more prone to being obnoxious and loud. Ben obviously wasn’t prepared for this, but he did keep me laughing. And he also kept me on the honey and lemon mix for my throat.
“Calm down Brye, or you’ll bust a bloody lung!” He told me. It didn’t really help.
“You’re accent is really attractive,” I blurted out. I guess I’d drunk a little more than I thought since I obviously didn’t care.
“Oh is it now?” Ben said and moved a little closer to me.
“Why yes it is,” I said with a grin. Before I knew it Ben was even closer to me.
“Has anyone ever told you that you have the most gorgeous eyes,” He breathed seriously.
“No,” I managed to stutter out.
Before I knew it, I was pulling Ben in for a kiss. He took a second to register it but kissed me back anyways. His hands wound around my waist and lifted me up so I was sitting on his lap instead of awkwardly laying down. Too soon, Ben pulled away.
“What about that boy you like?” Ben asked me breathlessly.
“I’m kissing him,” I replied with a smirk and kissed him again.
“Are you drunk?” Ben asked me the next time we came up for air.
“No, I’m just a little tipsy,” I admitted with a giggle. “I will remember everything tomorrow.”
“Good, cuz I wouldn’t want you forgetting me,” Ben drawled. I tucked myself under him as we watched TV. None of my boys came out from the back to disturb us and eventually I was falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is for kristinaamo :) you asked for an update and you got one!

awww, aren't they just too cute?! Well, my point is they ARE too cute >:) This is not an Asking Alexandria centered fic anyways and all good things come to an end. Enjoy it while it lasts. Muahahaha