Status: Active :)

When Nobody Else Is Looking

Chapter 5

Chapter 5
The next morning, I woke up alone in my bunk. I was really confused since the last thing I remember was falling asleep in Ben’s arms on the couch. I found a water bottle beside me with a sticky note taped to it.
Sorry I had to leave you last night, Danny needed me back. Don’t forget to take care of yourself this morning. ~B
Now that is how you start a morning. I took a sip from the bottle to learn that it was the same mix I’d been drinking all yesterday. I slowly crawled out of my middle bunk to see the rest of my boys awake already.
“There she is! We were just about to call Austin,” Brody said. I groaned, grabbed a bagel and smothered it in butter before eating it.
“That does not look appetizing,” Someone said, coming up the bus stairs. It was just Kellin.
“At least I’m eating!” I argued, granted my mouth was full.
“Don’t talk with your mouth full,” Kellin scolded.
“Wow, you really are my dad,” I joked once I’d swallowed. Everyone laughed and Kellin just sat on our counter.
“You’re like my daughter, but a shit ton older,” Kellin said. “I feel like I need to take care of you.”
“That is so sweet,” I said and hugged my new daddy.
“Besides, I can’t do so much with Copeland, she’s too little,” Kellin sighed.
“Well duh, she was born on the 18th of last month dude,” I laughed.
“I know, OH MY GOD! You have to see this, Katelynn takes the weirdest pictures of her!” Kellin exclaimed and pulled out his phone.
“She’s so cute! You’re going to be such a great dad,” I told him.
“Well I’m getting practice with you aren’t I?” He joked.
After a long morning and panicking to find some clothes, all my boys plus Annie and Kellin walked out with me and we started off towards the stage my band was scheduled to play at in fifteen minutes. As always, the boys rolled out their stuff and I was stuck plugging everything in and testing mics.
“Break a leg Princess,” Kellin told me before I was about to go on. I’m not going to lie, I wish Ben was here too, but I’m sure he had something important to do.
“Thanks, I’ll see you on the other side,” I said and hugged him before running out onto the stage.
The show was great, my voice was still a little torn and I laid off the screams today. When I ran off stage, Kellin was waiting for me along with Ben who must’ve showed up during the set. Both of them hugged me, despite how gross I was from jumping around in the heat.
“You did great love!” Ben shouted over everything.
“Thanks,” I replied. Kellin said something along the same lines before noticing how close Ben and I were getting.
“When did this happen?” He asked me.
“Last night in a drunken blur,” I laughed and Ben playfully punched my arm.
“You told me you’d remember!” Ben shouted.
“I do! I’m only joking,” I reassured him and continued to help my band load out.
Ben took me back to his bus where we hung out for a while. When we opened the door, I was bombarded by Danny’s dog Luci. She wasn’t even that big but she still managed to knock me backwards into Ben. I’m lucky he was there to catch me.
“Luci!” I heard Danny groan.
“She’s cute!” I said and pet the little corgi. Ben picked her up and we sat on the couch across from Danny who was already drinking. She curled up in Ben’s lap.
“You really do cuddle with her,” I said with a laugh, remembering the interview they did with Bryan Stars.
~*~Flashback?~*~
“So Danny, I heard Luci lost her owner,” Bryan started.
“Yeah!” Danny replied.
“Good, I hate that damn dog,” Ben said.
“LIES!” Danny shouted. “Every time he comes over, all he does is cuddle with her!”
~*~end of clip like thing~*~
“Just don’t get jealous,” Danny joked. I leaned against Ben’s side and scratched Luci behind her ears.
“Please, she’s just a harmless little dog,” I said.
Ben and I didn’t really do too much until they had to go play and I watched from the wing. Ben ditched his shirt about half way through the set, which I did not mind at all. When he got off and loaded out all their stuff, we went for a walk together.
“Did I fuck up again?” Ben asked me, taking my hand.
“Not once,” I told him proudly. We ended up behind all the buses and we sat in the grass.
“So, what are the chances you’d want to go out tonight?” Ben started picking at the grass. I leaned back on my hands and soaked up the sun.
“Very high, but it depends on where you’ll be taking me,” I told him with a smirk and closed my eyes.
“I was thinking of dinner and then we could go watch Danny and James set off fireworks,” Ben said.
“That sounds perfect,” I said and laid down. I knew he’d started smoking because I could smell it.
We both hung around until I had to go for a signing at our merch tent. Ben and I walked back hand in hand which got a lot of looks from the fans. For kicks I jumped on Ben’s back and made him carry me.
“I’ll see you tonight,” Ben said before kissing me and running off.
Just as I figured, almost every single fan asked about Ben and I. I answered them all, but was getting a little bored of it near the end. Ben and I were texting almost the whole time too.
“You two are so cute and it’s only been one day,” Jesse said as we signed a poster for a girl.
“Oh can it, it’s not even my fault,” I said and pushed him lightly. “He’s the one who’s responsible.”
“Are you two going out tonight then?” Brody asked me.
“Yup, dinner and fireworks, it’s going to be fun,” I said with a stupid smile on my face. Of course all the kids who heard enjoyed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because who doesn't love fireworks? And Luci <3 oh my goodness, she's adorable! I'll try and upload soon, but i've started looking at colleges and life might get in the way :/ Tell me what you thought!