Status: Active :)

When Nobody Else Is Looking

Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Kellin, Austin and Alan were sitting on the couch while I tried to find something to wear for tonight. My suitcase was open and most of its contents were spilled out on either side.
“Oh! Wear that shirt!” Kellin yelled and pointed at a blue v-neck tee.
“With the black jeans,” Austin added.
“And the heels!” Alan finished.
“You three work wonders,” I laughed and walked back to change. Once I was finished, I modeled it for them.
“We really are magic,” Austin laughed and the three of them high fived. And then we waited. Ben showed up about ten minutes later. He looked great, in a plain grey tee shirt and dark jeans. He also had one of his sweaters zipped up half way.
“You two have fun,” Austin said.
“But not too much fun!” Alan and Kellin said at the same time, making everyone laugh as Ben led me out of the bus and into a cab. I’m not going to lie, it was a tiny bit awkward but it was also our first date so it was bound to happen.
Ben and I had a great time at the restaurant. It wasn’t anything special, we split a pizza and it was delicious! It was probably one of the best pizzas I’d ever had in north America. Ben was being his usual stupid self and before I knew it we were sitting back in the grass late at night watching James and Sam try to light one of the roman candles.
“Mate!” Ben yelled from beside me. “I dare you to hang onto that!” We laughed as Sam chickened out and James held the explosive. We were all laughing like idiots and they asked if I wanted to light one.
“Oh my god, we used to do this all the time back home!” I said and got up. Just as James lit the one that was in my hand, I waited a few seconds before chucking it in the air and running. When it exploded it looked pretty cool. When I got back to Ben, he put an arm around my shoulders and noticed how cold I was.
“Here,” He said and put his sweater over my shoulders. I pulled my arms into the sleeves and smiled. It smelled like cigarettes and his cologne. I leaned back into him and wrapped my arms around his waist while we watched Sam and Cam have a fight with the few roman candles we had left.
“There’s no way in hell this is safe,” I laughed quietly with Ben. Eventually I got really tired and Ben walked me back to my bus. I could see all the boys peering out the windows.
“Good night then darling,” Ben said and took me by the waist.
“Good night Ben,” I said with a smirk and he pulled me up to kiss me. It was amazing now that alcohol wasn’t burning away my senses. His lips sent electric currents through me that made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My hands were no longer my own as they tangled themselves in his perpetually messy hair. It was a perfect moment that ended too soon. Ben pulled away first and winked at me.
“I’ll be ‘round tomorrow morning to get you for breakfast,” Was all he said before leaving me in front of the bus like a moron.
~*~ALAN’S P.O.V ~*~
I can’t describe what I feel when I see Brittany with Ben. It seems like they would be an awkward couple. And I didn’t trust Ben one bit with her. He seems like the kind of guy who’s going to cheat on his girlfriend because he’s always drunk. Either that or he’s going to get her arrested.
Yes, I really do like her. Brittany, I mean. I didn’t think that this would ever happen, maybe it’s because she’s just so young. But then again I was one of the youngest too. I’d only just turned 21 and we’d have two days off in Vegas soon enough. Right now, Kellin, Austin and I are helping her get ready for her date with Ben… If he hurts her, maybe I really will cut his head off. I looked at Brye, her long white hair falling in her face as she tears into her pile of clothes and the goofy grin that seems like it’s permanently stuck on her face. I wish I was the one making her smile like that, but sadly she chose Ben. It’d been clear since we met that she had a huge thing for him.
Once the three of us had gotten her all dressed up for the date we waited around for Ben to show up. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping he didn’t show. But he did, and perfectly on time too. Damn him and his stupid ass. After Brye had left with him, Kellin, Austin, Jesse and I hung around. Jesse was probably the most visibly upset with this whole relationship. He was like Brye’s twin and he didn’t want her to get hurt either.
“I swear to god! If he fucks her up, I’ll kill him!” Jesse said.
“Oh I know,” I mumbled, but Kellin heard me.
“Wait, what?” Austin asked, all of them looking at me now. Fuck.
“What?” I asked.
“Shit, you like her!” Kellin said. I tried to deny it but they were too persistent.
“ALRIGHT! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I screamed. “God, it’s not that big a deal!”
“Yeah it is, because I’d rather she be with you over Ben any day,” Jesse told me.
“Well she chose him okay?!” I screamed and walked off the bus. Austin followed me.
“Bro! Wait a second!” He called, but I didn’t stop walking. “Dude, you can’t just sit here and do nothing!”
“And what am I supposed to do Austin?!” I yelled back.
“You become friends with her and comfort her when Ben breaks her heart,” Austin said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I actually think he might’ve had a good idea for once.
“I don’t know if I can…”
“Bullshit, it’s a great plan!” Austin said as we walked back to our bus. Oh god, what am I doing? Because I have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for not updating lately :/ but I have so much written for this and it's not like tumblr where i can put it in a queue.

yeah so here's another chapter and I'll probably post more later in the week since i actually have more of this written up already :) thanks for being patient

and HOLY PEANUT BUTTER JESUS NIPPLES 25 subscribers 0.0 y'all are great :)