Status: ♥ Completed ♥

She's a Rebel, She's a Saint

Huge Mistake

The warm plate of baked ziti was placed in front of me and I smiled at the waiter before turning my attention back to the plate, hearing a small groan from Harry who sat beside me at the large table in the restaurant.

“Awe, that looks good, I should have gotten that instead.” he said with a whine that made me roll my eyes.

“You say that every time we go out to eat.” I said with a roll of my eyes, his mother chuckling slightly from where she and Harry’s stepfather sat across from us at the table.

“Then why do you still roll your eyes when I say it?” he asked with a cheeky smile.

“Do you want some?” I asked him, already knowing from past experience that his answer would most likely be yes.

He nodded his head eagerly and I gestured to the large plate before me, silently telling him to take some for himself and earning a childish whine from the eighteen year old boy beside me.

“What’s wrong now?” I asked with a chuckle, completely aware that everyone in his immediate family sat at that table and they were all examining every move made by Harry and I.

“Feed me!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air with a slight whine added to the end of his sentence.

I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes as I pierced some of the pasta with my fork and brought it to Harry’s waiting mouth.

“So how long have the two of you been together?” one of Harry’s aunts asked Harry and I.

"We've been together for several amazing months." Harry replied with a smile on his face as he started eating from his own plate of food.

"How did you guys meet?" his younger cousin asked, a young girl of about fourteen that was madly in love with the idea of being madly in love.

"My best friend recently married Liam. One day I showed up at the flat they share to visit them before they got married and Harry was there." I said with a smile before Harry pulled me closer to him and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Was it love at first sight?" she asked us, looking at Harry and I with dreamy eyes as if she was planning her own wedding in her head.

"Of course it was love at first sight, the first thing I noticed was that she's perfect." Harry said before leaning closer to me and placed a quick peck on my lips, "The accent kinda helped too."

"What did you first think of Harry?" his stepdad asked me.

"I thought he was charming, pretty attractive as well," I began, the table laughing a little when Harry pouted slightly, "The accent kinda helped too."

The table burst out in laughter except for Harry who merely smiled since he was happy I was getting along well with his family.

"So Ashley, when are we meeting your family?" his mother asked, making my body tense since while I was not ashamed of my parents I was unsure how they would react when they met them, "I would love to meet them all before the wedding."

"I'm sure they would love to meet you all as well." I said with a smile.

"What do your parents do?" Harry's step father asked me, interested in my past just as much as Anne and everyone else at the table seemed to be.

"One of them is a photographer and the other is a chemist." I answered, happy that the conversation was not going down the road I thought it would.

"You have two younger sisters, right?" Harry's cousin asked, probably wanting to know if one of them was her age.

"Yeah, Natasha is eleven and Sophia is four but my parents are also thinking about having another baby." I answered, "They're both pretty fond of harry."

Harry chuckled and nodded his head.

"I think your sisters like me more than you do." he said with a cheeky smile that made me roll my eyes and nudge him playfully with my shoulder.

"While your father be giving you away at the wedding?" Anne asked me with a smile on her face.

I felt my body tense up slightly as I tried my hardest to think of what to say in reply to that, now noticing that all eyes were on me.

"Um, sort of." I responded with some hesitance.

"What do you mean?" his aunt asked with a tone of confusion in her voice.

"Ashley's mom is a lesbian." Harry answered simply as if it was everyday talk around the fire, making my eyes widen in surprise and shoot up towards him.

"Well, that's hitting the nail on the head rather bluntly..." I said in a distant tone.

Luckily, they accepted the fact as simply as they would have if I was telling them when my birthday was. The rest of the night went the same, his family continued to examine our relationship and talk about what they thought would be perfect for the wedding.

"We can start looking for wedding dresses tomorrow," Harry's mom began, grabbing my attention instantly once the words left her mouth, "Have you picked your bridesmaids yet, or the maid of honor?"

"I've only picked the maid of honor and I promised my younger sisters they can both be the flower girls." I said, noticing from the corner of my eye that a cheeky smile came onto Harry's face.

"There's a boutique around here where Liam and Gabriella found Gab's wedding dress, you should go they tomorrow." Harry suggested.

"That’s a fantastic idea!" his aunt said in a happy tone, clearly already having ha a little too much to drink tonight.

"It's really not necessary. I'm sure when we get back to London I'll have more than enough time to get a wedding dress."

"Oh, Ashley," Anne began, "We don't mind helping you find something."

"Don't you have some designer friends," Gemma began, sensing the tension in my body even though she was sitting a person away from me since Harry's one year old cousin had taken a liking to me and refused to leave my side, "Maybe one of them can make you a custom dress or something."

"I hadn't thought of that." Anne said with a sigh before her smile brightened, "But we should still go look at the different dresses. Maybe you'll get a better idea of what you want."

I nodded my head with a smile on my face, slightly eager to spend time with Anne even though I really didn't want to be in a boutique that would be filled to the brim with wedding dresses.

"Great, Gemma are you coming as well?" Harry's aunt asked Gemma.

Gemma paused for a second as she thought of what to say, going over her pros and cons in her head before she nodded her head.

"I'll go. It might be kinda fun to check out some wedding dress." she replied with a smile etched into her face.

The rest of the dinner went off simply without a problem until we got to the point of the night where everyone was ordering what they wanted for dessert. .

"And what would you like, beautiful?" the waiter that had been flirting with me all evening asked me with a smug smile on his face as he tried to win me over as Harry’s body tensed beside mine.

"I don't really want anything, thank you." I said to him, passing the dessert menu that had been brought to us in the beginning of our dinner back to him.

"Actually," Harry began as he placed an around my shoulders and I chuckled internally since I knew how jealous he got at times, “Can we get the couples special instead?"

The waiter’s eyes widened slightly when he heard the words come out of Harry’s mouth and a second later a look of recognition came onto his face when he finally realized who Harry was.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he began as a blush crept up to his face, "I didn't realize she was taken."

"Yeah, I'm sure you didn't see the rock on her hand that costs more than this restaurant." Gemma said in a sarcastic tone that brought a blush to my face since I was still a little uncomfortable with the amount of money that Harry spent on my engagement ring.

Harry however, looked pretty proud of himself now that he had made a claim that I was his and he was mine. The waiter walked away and a few minutes later everyone's desert was brought out to them. A large plate was placed in front of Harry and I and I couldn't help the low groan that left my lips when I looked at the contents of the plate.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked me, already digging in to the large brownie that was topped with ice cream, whipped cream, and four chocolate chip cookies.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong'?" I asked him with a whine, trying to keep my voice low so that his family didn't hear us, "You know I'm on a diet."

"You know I don't like you being on a diet."

I rolled my eyes and picked up one of the cookies, nibbling on it slightly and hearing Harry chuckle slightly from where he sat beside me.

"You must be insane if you think that you're gonna get away with just eating a cookie."

"Since we moved in together, I've gained ten pounds and gone up a size in pants. I am not eating all of that."

Harry leaned closer to me so that just I could hear the words that would be leaving his mouth, his lips brushing against the outer shell of my ear.

"You probably don't want to hear this right now, but your body looks abso-fucking-lutely fantastic lately." he said to me in a whisper, one of his large hands slowly reaching higher up my thigh.

With a roll of my eyes and a blush of my cheeks, I pushed him away. He gestured to my other unused spoon and pouted slightly, silently telling me to pig out with him. I bit my lip before slowly and reluctantly reaching to the spoon and taking a piece of the warm brownie into my mouth. Once everyone finished their desserts, we all headed into a large limo that would bring us to our next destination.

"I am so exhausted." I said with a groan as I threw myself onto the comfortable bed in one of the many rooms of the gorgeous beach home that Harry had rented for his family to stay in this week.

"I am too." he said in the same tired tone as he plopped down onto the bed beside me.

"I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Should I join you?" Harry asked with a wink as I got off of the bed and walked towards my suitcase to get pajamas.

"No Hazz." I replied with a roll of my eyes as I walked into the bathroom that was linked to the bedroom we were in.

"Alright, I'm gonna head down to talk to Gemma."

"Okay, sunshine. I probably won’t take too long though."

The shower I was in only took a few minutes and when I was done I walked out of the bathroom with my naturally curly hair up in a messy bun to see that Harry was not back in the bedroom yet from his talk with Gemma.

"I guess I should go get him." I said to myself with a sigh, pulling on one of Harry's favorite hoodies since I was freezing cold.

I shoved my hands into the pockets and walked down the hallway towards the bedroom that Gemma was sharing with her boyfriend since I knew that her boyfriend was in the pool and Gemma was in there talking to Harry. My hand was on the doorknob to enter when I realized what they were talking about.

"Wait, so the whole relationship was for publicity?" Gemma's voice asked, making my eyes widen as I quickly pulled away from the doorknob.

"Not exactly, we both wanted to get other people jealous." Harry said to his sister, struggling to explain our relationship.

"That's not any better, Harry!"

"It's complicated." he said to her with a sigh.

"You can't seriously marry this girl, especially now that you have feelings for her."

"I don’t have feelings for her, Gemma."

"Oh, Harry that's such bullshit. I've seen the way you look at her when you think she isn't paying attention, you're in love with her and you know that."

"If you think I'm in love with her than why don't you want us to get married?!"

"Because you're getting married for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't marry someone just because you want to get your slutty ex-girlfriend jealous!"

"I don't love Ashley, Gemma." he said in a stern tone.

"Why is it so bad to be in love with her? I happen to like her and you know I don’t like people easily."

"Because she's fucking messed up in the head. Yeah sure, I care about her now that I’ve gotten to know her a little better but I don't think anyone can solve all the shit that's going on up there."

"Harry," Gemma began, stopping my heart from breaking since at less she was sticking up for me, "You don't mean that."

"Oh, but I do," he began, "And to be perfectly honest, when I first met he at Liam's wedding-"

"-You guys first met a Liam's wedding?!" she asked him, shocked.

"Don't interrupt me." he said in a tone that made me picture him rolling his eyes.

"Alright I’m sorry, continue."

"When we first met at Liam's wedding the only thing I was thinking when I first saw her was that she was absolutely gorgeous," he said, making me feel a little bit better, "The second thing I thought was that she must look amazing naked."

"Harry, I'm not sure I want to hear my younger brother say all of this." Gemma said, her voice trailing off slightly at the end.

"Gemma, the only reason I even agreed to any of this was in hopes that me and be would be able to have sex eventually."

As he put the sour icing on top of the already bitter cake, I walked away from the door and back towards the bedroom that Harry and I were sharing. I pulled my iPod out of my purse along with my ear buds and quickly put them in my ears before turning on my favorite Ed Sheeran song.

"Oh fuck, he ruined my favorite song for me." I said as I quickly changed the song, unable to listen to Wake Me Up without remembering when harry and I stood just to the side of the stage watching Ed sing at Madison Square Garden.

I put on another one of his songs and got under the covers of the bed, lying down and trying my hardest to fall asleep even though I knew it would be hard after hearing what I had just heard.

"Fuck it." I said to myself with a sigh, realizing that I was talking to myself a lot lately before picking my phone off of the nightstand and quickly sending a text.

To: Daniel
I made a huge mistake…Take me back?
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THIS CHAPTER... I posted this eight minutes ago and already lost ten subscribers...

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

And my second Harry Styles story The Things Left Unsaid

Don’t forget my brand new Louis Tomlinson story The Birthday Wish

And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.