Status: ♥ Completed ♥

She's a Rebel, She's a Saint

Confessions?

"Daniel," I began once I finished getting dressed and I walked into the spacious living room where he was sitting down at the couch reading a book, "I need to talk to you about something."

"How much do you need?" he asked without looking away from his book as I sat on the arm of the couch.

"It has nothing to do with money." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Then what do you want?"

"I was thinking about going back to school."

"What do you mean? I remember you graduating, I was there." he said in a confused tone as he placed a bookmark in the book so that he wouldn't forget what page he was currently on.

"I know, I was thinking about going to college. Maybe I could get a start of an actual career."'

"You're a model, Ashley. The last time I checked, that is a job that many girls in the world would kill for." he said with a roll of his eyes before opening it up again and returning back to his book that seemed to be a lot more interesting than my decision.

"I know, but the way I see it is if I go to college I can get an actually career maybe in politics or something like that. I didn't always want to be a model, I originally wanted to go to college and study sociology but I didn't have the chance because-"

"-it is not ladylike to ramble."

"I don't give a fuck, Daniel."

"It is also not ladylike to curse. And you should 'give a fuck' because no one even understands you when you talk in circles anyway."

"So, that's it," I began as I crossed my arms over my chest, "you don't like the idea of me going to college."

"You don’t need to go to college to be successful."

"You went to college, your wife went to college, and some of your kids are in college right now." I reminded.

"Yes, but that's different."

"How?!"

"I support you; you don't need to work a day in your life as long as your looks don't fade away anytime soon."

"So you don't want me to go?" I asked him, eyeing the acceptance letter that was sticking out of my purse.

"I forbid it. Maybe later on in life I'll let you go, but right now I like having access to you whenever I want. I don't want to have to drive to a school to see my girlfriend."

"But I really want this..." I pleaded.

"Look, let's say you actually apply. You probably won't even get in. You're absolutely gorgeous but you're not that bright, plus English is not your first language."

I sighed but nodded my head anyway since I knew I was not going to win this fight and I got off of the arm of the couch, watching as Daniel rolled his eyes before letting out a frustrated sigh and turning to look at me.

"So even if I get in, it's a definite no?" I asked him and with a sigh I placed my phone that was always vibrating because Harry was constantly trying to get in contact with me into my purse.

"Get the college idea out of your head for now. You don't need to go back to school, you're fine where you are in life." he said, gesturing for me to walk towards him.

Once I was within his reach, he pulled me towards him in a kiss and when we pulled away from each other he stared into my eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"I never noticed it before," he began as I moved away from him to pull my jacket on, "But you have really big eyes."

"I don't see the problem..."

"Am I allowed to be honest? Promise me you won't get mad at me." he said, making me nod my head, "But now that I know how big your eyes are its kind of freaking me out..."

I rolled my eyes and walked away, leaving the apartment and getting into my car that was parked down the stairs in the parking lot. I rushed to work as fast as I could, groaning when there were no parking spots left in the designated parking lot so I had to park outside in the street. After finally parking my car, I noticed a few paparazzi taking pictures of me and I groaned.

"Well, this is fucking great." I grumbled to myself sarcastically.

I got out of the car and was quickly met with flashes from the cameras and people shouting questions at me.

"Why did you and Harry break up?"

"Was it your idea or his?"

"Is it true you guys haven't seen each other in over three weeks?"


My uncomfortable high heels clicked against the cement as I walked from my car to the modeling building. When I finally entered the building, I let out a relieved sigh and began to walk to the front desk.

"Good morning Ms. Lopez," the brunette secretary said as I walked into the office, "It's been a while since it saw you."

"I agree with you completely, Georgia." I said to her with a smile on my face.

"The last time I saw you was when you were here with your fiancé, well...ex fiancé."

"Yeah, it was about a month ago..." I said, trailing off slightly since I didn't really want to talk about Harry at all.

"Right, well you've got about an hour and a half until you need to get into hair and makeup for the photo shoot." she said to me.

I nodded my head and walked to the elevator, bored and wanting something to do. I placed the button to go up and when the elevator got to the first floor where I was, I quickly stepped into it and pressed the button for the roof. Once I finally arrived at the roof, I let out a relieved sigh and kicked my heels of before sitting on the ground.

For the first time in weeks I was calm. I didn't have my new personal trainer yelling at me for not doing a move right, I didn't have Daniel criticizing everything I did, and I didn't have Harry calling me once every four hours. But, now being up here I couldn't stop thinking about Harry and one of the most recent conversations that Harry and I have had.

"Some people have such unrealistic expectations of their significant other." Harry said with a groan.

"Oh god, I couldn't agree with you anymore." I said.

"What's your number one rule?" he asked me, "Well, your number one requirement of someone before you guys get serious."

I had to think for a second, not entirely sure what my number one rule I would have before getting involved with someone would be. I looked away from the laptop where I was researching colleges and looked towards him.

"I guess they would have to get along well with my family. They'd have to be okay with getting a drink here and there too." I said, moving around on top of the bed so that I was lying on my stomach with Harry's laptop in front of me and my legs crossed at the ankle.

"I don't know why someone wouldn't get along with your family, they're all amazing." he said with a smile, moving around to lie down next to me.

"What would be your number one requirement?"

"My mom and sister would have to like them. I suppose they would have to get along with the band as well."

"What about personality?" I asked him while I was filling out an application to the same school that Eleanor was currently attending.

"I would like someone that's smart, funny, maybe a little witty and sarcastic." he began before starting up again with a smirk on his face, "An incredibly attractive body like yours doesn't hurt either."

I rolled my blue eyes and nudged his shoulder playfully, knowing that he was just joking around with me anyway. I bit my lip while looking at the application form, toying with the large diamond engagement ring on my ring finger. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Harry watching my actions with a smile on his face.

"What about you? What does your perfect man have to be like?" he asked me.

"He would have to be a little spontaneous, maybe a little goofy and willing to take a joke. I don't know," I began before thinking of something that would make him lap, "He also has to have dimples, green eyes, and curly hair."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, a deep British accent doesn't hurt either." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Harry chuckled and placed a kiss on my cheek, making a small blush warm my face.


The sound of the elevator doors dinging as they opened shook me from my thoughts and I looked to the silver doors to see Harry stepping out with a worried expression on his face that instantly calmed when he saw me.

"Harry!" I yelled not at all happy that he was here.

"Ashley," he exclaimed as he walked over to me and tore me from the floor to pull me on for a hug that I did not return, "I've been so worried about you!"

"Why?" I asked once I successfully pushed him away.

"What do you mean why? I came back from Hawaii and you weren't home. I called you a million times and you didn't answer. When I went to talk to Gabriella she wouldn't tell me where you were. Your mom seems busy and didn't want to talk to me."

"There was a reason for all of that..."

"What reason?" he asked, watching me as I slipped my sore feet into the uncomfortable high heels.

"How did you even know where I was?" I asked him with a cocked eyebrow, noticing that his eyes were searching my hand for the engagement ring he bought me.

His expression changed slightly when he noticed the ring wasn't there but he pulled his phone out of his pocket, his face getting a smile as he did so.

"There's no cell service up here, remember?"

"I have to go..." I said, turning to the elevator and pressing the button to wait for it to come up here.

"No," he exclaimed as his long finger tightly wrapped around me wrist and he pulled me back towards him, "You've been off of the map for the last three and a half weeks. I deserve an explanation."

"Why do you deserve an explanation?! In case you haven't noticed, I'm fucking messed up in the head. I don't think anyone can solve the shit that's going on up here!" I said, tears stinging my eyes.

"A-Ashley," he began in a sad tone, "You heard all of that?"

"Why does it matter if I heard it or not? The only reason you agreed to any of this was because you wanted to have sex with me eventually anyway."

"No, Ashley you don't understand."

"I'm sorry you didn't get your prize, Harry." I said, tears now freely flowing down my face and leaving black streaks on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Ashley. I didn't mean to-"

"-No Harry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I thought we were friends."

"We were friends, we still are!"

"Clearly we were never really friends or anything close to it because friends don't talk about other friends behind their backs."

"Please just listen to me."

I sighed and nodded my head.

"You have five minutes to talk, use your time wisely." I said to him, not sure if I wanted to hear whatever he was about to say to me.

"I love you."

"Ugh, I've heard that one before." I said in a disgusted tone before turning around again only for him to pull me back once more.

"No, let me finish."

"Quickly..."

"Maybe I'm not in live with you, but I do love you more than anything."

"Harry, if this is all you're going to say than I really should be leaving."

"I love the smell of your perfume and that it’s so uniquely you. I had to buy a bottle of it for myself and spray it on my pillows when you left just so i could sleep at night."

"You did?" I asked him, amused by the idea of Harry buying my favorite Michael Kors perfume.

"I love your eyes. I've never seen such big, beautiful eyes in my entire life."

"Really?" I asked him, remembering what Daniel said to me earlier today.

"I also love that you have this weird way of talking that makes perfect sense even when you go around in circles."

"I do? I always feel like no one understands me."

"I do, I understand you."

I bit my lip and stayed silent, looking down at the groin beneath my feet nervously.

"I love your eyes."

"Harry, you said that already." I said to him with a sigh and a roll of my eyes.

"Well I meant it."

"I've been told recently that they're creepy and tend to freak people out." I said with a sigh, remembering what Daniel said to me.

Harry placed a hand on the side of my face to make me look at him and he looked deep into my eyes.

"I'm not done with my list." he said with a small smile.

"Well in that case, please feel free to continue."

"I even love," he began before stopping in order to add a small dramatic suspense to his words, "Your mother..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe, and recommend! I can't put the links because I'm at school using one of the school computers...