Doing What He Does Best, Leaving. Again.

Chapter One

I really wonder what made me think he would change. That he would be around for our kids. Who am I kidding they are not our kids. They are my kids. He does not care about them. I do not get what made me think he would not walk out again. Whenever the going gets tough Kris gets going.

Maybe it was his eyes. Those smoldering brown eyes always felt as if they were burning a hole through my skin to my soul. His eyes always showed me what he was truly feeling. The passion, the lust, the truth could all be seen in his eyes. But I guess he just used them to lie his way back into my kids hearts and into my bed.

So that is where we are today. Just another broken home. After the divorce I quit my job in Pittsburgh. It was hard enough getting divorce twice to one of their most successful defensemen.
I thought we would have actually worked out the second time around. Yeah sure we stayed married for four years which was a hell of a lot longer than our first marriage. We hardly ever fought until our third year of marriage. The kids loved traveling with him and I did too.

He always showed up to the kids functions. Every single sporting game whether it be hockey, baseball, softball, or soccer he showed up to cheering his kids on. He even took Dakota to the father daughter dance that the school district held every year. We took vacations around the world together trying to teach our kids about the world around us. Every holiday was spent with our families. We even spent many summers in Quebec with his family. The kids even picked up some French.
So where did we go wrong? I honestly could not tell you. It was like one day he became a different person. Moody. Defensive. Just pure anger. He never once showed the kids but I saw it plenty of times. Little things would set him off. During the 2010-2011 season whenever they lost he would come home drunk and pissed. He never once took his anger out violently on me but I was always still scared of his outburst. There was many times where I would wake the kids up and take them over to Ana’s house since he was so loud.

We got divorced shortly after New Years. Our divorce was official on Valentine’s day. How ironic. I wanted to end it sooner but I tried to hold out for the kids’ sake. They needed us to be happy. Well that is what I thought.

The divorce was painful for the kids. Kris wanted full custody but I would have nothing of that. This was the second time of him walking out on my family. How could I let him take them from me? So after grueling lawyer battles Kris let me have custody of the children and he would have weekends that worked with his hockey schedule. Unfortunately that meant I had to live in Pittsburgh.

I did not mind that too much. I made so many friends in the city and so did my kids. I did not want to take more away from them. Two nine year olds is tough and I know being a kid can be tough as well. I got a new job as a photographer for Seventeen magazine. It paid well so we kept our upscale apartment in Pittsburgh. Dakota loved my job since whenever I got to photograph someone she liked I would bring her along to meet them. I did miss my job as the photographer of the Pittsburgh Penguins and I sure as hell missed the boys but that does not mean we still do not hang out.

Jordan is still my best friend. He is always over at my house trying to cheer everyone up. He has been my rock through the entire divorce. The kids loved him too. He always kept them entertained whether it was taking them ice skating or having movie night.

At the NHL 2012 draft Jordan got traded. I honestly do not know what I am going to do without him. We were at his wedding when he got the call. He was happy to get traded to Carolina since his brother plays there but I could tell he was upset. My kids were practically his kids. He always was with them. I honestly do not know what I am going to do without him.

Jordan moved three week to North Carolina. Dakota, Ryan and I were at the airport to see him off. I have not seen the kids this upset since Kris and I divorced for the second time. It broke my heart to see the kids upset. We said our tearful goodbyes and watched Jordan leave us.

Now it is September. Hockey season was about to start and I could not wait. It would mean seeing less of Kris and having the kids to myself. I hated being nice to him. I really wanted to ignore him and curse him out but I always put a happy smile on my face for the kids. Of course Bettman had to ruin that for me and make a lockout.

So what am I supposed to do? With two nine year olds that are rambunctious, a twenty-five year old who I never know will be there for my kids or not, and no hockey season so I have to see him all the time.

I should know better by now not to let him back in my life. But is the third time a charm?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was really upset how I ended the last story. I did not like how I just let Kris back into her life and rushed the story. So I made this sequel. Tell me what you think. If you like it I'll keep writing :)

I've had a rough couple years and this is the first time I have written in so long. So I am happy to be back to my old self and writing again.

I hope you all enjoy!

Next chapter coming soon.