A Demon's Toy

Three

Meanwhile in the Hunt Family Estate…

“Sebastian!” A high, female voice screeched for him. Sebastian released a long sigh. Dinner was never going to be on the table in time if she kept calling for him. He pulled out his pocket watch and glanced at the time. Well, he still had another forty-five minutes to put dinner on the table. He had succeeded at more impossible tasks.

He clicked his watch shut and met eyes with one of the other, more reliable servants, Alderin.

“Make sure the preparations for dinner keep on time with the schedule,” he ordered the man. Alderin nodded his head and disappeared inside the kitchen.

Sebastian pivoted on his heel and shifted outside his mistress’s bedroom door. He took a deep breath and let a fake smile spread easily across his face.

“Yes, milady?” he inquired upon stepping into the room. He wrapped his long, slender fingers around the expensive glass vase that was flying towards his head. He calmly set the antique down on the dresser beside him.

“Get her out of my sight! She is fired! Kill her if you must!” Coraline, his mistress, yelled pointing to a petite young woman, no more than sixteen or seventeen, cowering down beside him. Sebastian held back the sigh that he was about to release knowing the sound was displeasing to Coraline’s ear unless it was from satisfaction.

“If I may, Mistress, this is the fourth one this week. Might I inquire as to what this one did to get fired?”

“I caught her trying to wear my clothes!” Coraline huffed plopping down onto her bed, arms folded. For being only twenty years old, the woman had a tendency to act 12.

“Th-that’s not t-true, sir!” the girl quietly pleaded up at him.

“Are you calling me a liar?!” Coraline screeched, getting to her knees on the bed and wrapping her tiny hands around the base of the lamp on her nightstand. Sebastian quickly moved to his mistress’s side and covered her hand with his.

“Please do not attempt to destroy another antique. This lamp cost over $500,000. It would be such a pity to see it go to waste,” he quietly informed her. Coraline’s big, sapphire blue eyes held his for a moment before a sickly sweet grin spread across the young woman’s face. She set the lamp down.

“You’re right, Sebastian. As always,” she cooed stroking a tiny hand down his face. He contained his urge to shudder in disgust at her touch. Her touch would not bother him so if he merely acted as just her butler, but unfortunately that was not the case. Whenever she felt the need, Coraline would use Sebastian to satisfy all sorts of her desires. THAT was something he did not enjoy, but it was a part of their contract.

“Now get her out of my sight and replace her immediately!” Coraline growled digging her nails deep into Sebastian’s flesh leaving bloody gouges in his cheek. Only a few drops of blood were spilt before the wound healed itself. The action vaguely reminded him of the cat from earlier. Or should he say neko?

Sebastian pressed a hand over his heart and bowed deeply.

“Yes, milady,” he responded before making his way over to the young girl still cowering in the corner. He grabbed her hand to help her stand so that he could escort her out of the house.

“On second thought…” Coraline purred from behind him. Sebastian stopped in his tracks knowing exactly what her next words would be.

“Kill her instead,” the young woman demanded gleefully.

“Yes, Mistress.”

Without a second thought, Sebastian grabbed the young maid’s head between his hands and silenced her pleading sobs with a simple flick of his wrist, cleanly snapping her neck. Her body crumpled to the ground at his feet; a look of horror was frozen on the girl’s face as a single last tear trailed from her eye.

“How pathetic,” he whispered to himself slinging the body over his shoulder.

“Indeed she was,” Coraline smiled waving him away to dispose of the body.

In her eyes it probably had seemed like he’d been calling the maid pathetic for begging for her life, but that was not the case. Instead he had been calling his mistress pathetic. She thought that having a demon under her control she was able to kill whomever she pleased and that in return doing these things would gain her his favor. However, that only made her seem more pathetic in his eyes for feeling the need to kill off her servants just to please him. In fact, it only made his job more tiresome because he was the one who always had to go find the new hires.

He shook his head at the thought as he disposed of the body in the large furnace inside the basement. Although when the time came to devour her soul, it would have the loveliest taste.

Sebastian flipped open the cover on his pocket watch to check the time. He released a disappointed sigh.

“It appears that dinner will be late again. And I was trying so hard to put it out on time. Oh well. Time to get back to work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
As always, leave a comment! :)