‹ Prequel: Just A lonely Star
Status: Hey guys! This story is making a return! I've seen You Me At Six twice since I wrote the prequel to this so I've got lots of inspiration, I even met them again too! Also, I'm going to see them at Wembley in December! So you could say I'm kind of on a You Me At Six hype lately so hopefully we'll get

Take Your Breath Away

Somewhere In Neverland

I listen to the strums of the guitar streaming through the windows from the practice space inside. This is perfect.

This has become kind of a routine now. We wake up, I make the boys breakfast, we eat, the boys go practice the new songs, I sunbathe, they go to the studio and then I either join them or go shopping or sightseeing. I really wish I could live like this forever.

I take another sip from my orange juice. I really should go shopping today; we’ve run out of food and drink pretty much. It’s this realisation that makes me move from my favourite spot; the sun lounger, close to the pool and looking out at the beach. I go to mine and Josh’s room, draw the curtain and change into today’s outfit. A dress and sandals. The weather here is divine, it sure beats the unpredictable ‘summer’ they have in England anyway. I leave my hair in its natural curls and do my makeup quite naturally too before spritzing myself with perfume. I pick up my bag and go upstairs to say good bye to
the guys.

`I’m going shopping!’ I announce as I walk into the practice room. They’re all lounging around doing various things.

`Want me to come with you?’ Josh asks.

`No, it’s fine. I won’t be too long.’ I kiss him on the cheek and say my farewells before leaving. It’s only a ten minute walk to the nearest supermarket so I head there. I reach the end of the street when my phone rings.

I rummage through my bag before I locate it, flashing, ringing and vibrating. The caller ID reads ‘Sarah’.

`Hello?’ I answer.

`May! Oh my God finally!’

`Sarah? What’s up?’

`Somebody told me you’re back in the US, am I right?’

`Indeed I am.’

`Are you in New York?’

`No, I’m in LA!!!’

`What?! Why?’

`Nobody has told you the story, huh?’

`What story? Are you in trouble?’

I laugh at that.

`No, very much the opposite.’

`Tell me then!’

`Long story short, I ran away to London, met a guy, guy is in famous band, went on tour with said
band, fell in love with guy, became bands new merch girl, moved in with guy, guy is recording album in
LA, band asked me to join them.’

There’s silence when I finish.

`Let me guess, it’s Blink-182 and you’re dating Tom DeLonge?’

`No, not that famous a band.’

`Ok, so what really happened? Why are you really in LA?’

Ah, so she doesn’t believe me.

`Sarah that is what happened.’

`Sure, who is it then?’

`You Me At Six, remember we saw them at Warped that time?’

`Which band was that?’

`The British band!’

`With the brunette lead singer?’

I can’t stop the wide smile that spreads on my face when she says that, you don’t even have to say Josh’s name and my heart skips a beat.

`Yeah, that’s the one.’

`Oh! They were good! So who are you dating?’

`The lead singer, Josh.’

`Oh yeah and I’m dating Alex Gaskarth.’

`You still don’t believe me, huh?’

`Not really no.’

`Ugh, fine! Come to Los Angeles and see for yourself then!’

`I think you should pay a visit to New York actually, you left in such a hurry that none of us got to say
good bye.’

`Yeah well, it was kinda spur of the moment. It’s been good though, me and Mom have actually been talking and patching things up. She left my step-father.’

`I heard, maybe you could think about moving back now?’

`I’m afraid not, I’m in the US until the albums finished then I’m moving back to England and then I’ll be on tour a lot.’

`Shit. You weren’t joking?’

`No, I really wasn’t joking.’

`Wow.’

`uh-huh’

`Your new man is fine.’

`Ha-ha! Trust me, I know. He’s perfect, I’m so lucky.’

`I’m happy for you. Wow. But seriously, come to New York, if not for your sake then for mine. I miss my
best friend.’

`I miss you too.’ I lie. Well it’s not a complete lie. Truth is, I’d kinda forgotten about everyone and everything back home. Sure, I’d thought about it but everything has been so hectic since I first got to London that I haven’t had the time to process everything properly. But now that I’m speaking to my New York best friend I’ve got to be honest, I’m feeling kinda emotional.

`I’ll let you get back to what you were doing then, speak to you soon May.’

`Bye Sarah.’

I put the phone down and look around at the busy street, I’d been walking without even thinking where I was going but had somehow managed to find the supermarket subconsciously. It’s as I’m walking down the Grocery aisle that I realise that maybe Sarah’s right, maybe I should go visit New York. After all, a lot of my stuff is there and my mom needs to meet Josh!

I finish up the shopping rather swiftly and walk back to the apartment, it’s empty, and the boys must be at the studio. Sure enough, when I go into the kitchen, placing my bags on the counter, I find a note.

“Gone to the studio to finish off a song. Back at around three. J x”

I check the time, it’s half two already. I empty the bags, storing everything in the fridge or cupboards and then search on my IPhone. I find flights to New York leaving in two days and at a reasonably cheap price. I save the page and start cooking some lunch for the guys. I’ll ask them about New York later. I’m pretty certain they’ll be up for a road trip though!

I end up cooking omelettes for the guys and they get in just as I’m finishing up; perfect timing.

`May, we’re home!’ Dan shouts as he walks in. the others trail in behind him, guitar cases in their hands and all say hello before taking the instruments upstairs. I set all the omelettes onto plates and put them around the dining room table.

`That looks beautiful.’ I feel arms wrap around my waist and lips press against my neck.

`Hey babe.’ I say turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck. I kiss him slowly and feel him smile into the kiss.

`Ewww! No kissing in public, you’re putting me off my food.’ Max jokes, sitting down at the table. The rest of the band follow and Josh and I sit down, next to each other.

`So, how did it go at the studio?’ I ask, tucking into my omelette.

`Good, I tracked guitar for one of the songs.’ Chris says.

`That’s good, how many songs have you done now?’ I ask around a mouthful of food.

`We’re five down up to now, still got a while to go.’ Josh says.

`Yeah, it’s getting kinda boring now.’ Max complains. The other guys hum in agreement.

`Ah, so this is where I come in.’ they all look towards me, intrigued, `I was wondering if you guys fancied a road trip. If you have time, that is.’

`We have time, we’re ahead of schedule.’ Dan confirms, `what were you thinking?’

`Well I was on the phone to one of my old friends from New York and she suggested I go there and I thought it’d be cool if we all went. I could show you guys around, I could see my old friends, my mom could meet Josh and it’d give you guys a really cool break from recording.’

`I am so up for that!’ Max exclaims, bouncing up and down excited.

`We went to New York on Warped but we’ve never actually properly had a look around so it would be pretty cool to see it.’ Dan agrees, nodding his head.

`I’m up for it.’ Chris agrees.

`I love New York, let’s go!’ Matt adds.

We all turn to look at Josh who is staring at his almost empty plate of food.

`Josh?’ I ask, reaching over to place my hand over his.

`What?’ he asks, snapping out of his daze.

`What do you think about going to New York?’

`Yeah, yeah cool.’ He says quietly, before standing up, the chair dragging on the floor, `Um…I need to um-go outside for a second.’ He walks away, walking out of the open patio doors and sitting on one of the sun loungers, staring out at the sea.

I turn back to look at the rest of the band, still sat around the table. They all look at me confused looks on their faces.

`Umm…?’ I say.

`I don’t know.’ Max replies, `maybe go talk to him?’

`Did I say something?’

`No, you know Josh. He’s probably just being a diva.’ Matt says smiling. The rest of the boys laugh and
nod in agreement.

`Wish me luck.’ I breathe before going to follow Josh. I close the patio doors behind me and sit next to him on the lounger.

`So, you want to talk about what just happened?’

`What just happened?’ he asks, keeping his eyes focused on the crashing waves.

`I asked if you wanted to go to New York and you walked out.’

`I said I would.’

`Yeah but it felt like you didn’t mean it.’

`What more do you want from me, May?’ he snaps angrily.

`I-I don’t know. I guess I thought you’d be excited.’

He turns to me and smiles.

`I am, trust me, I really am. It’ll be really nice to meet you Mom and all your friends.’

`Josh, just tell me what’s up, please?’

He sighs loudly, taking hold of my hand and then looking down at our entwined fingers.

`I’m just scared that if you go back you’ll never want to leave again.’ He whispers.

`Josh! Are you crazy?!’

`Well you’ll see all your friends, your family and be back home, why would you want to go back to rainy Surrey with me just to go on tour with my shitty band?’

`Because I love living in England with you, I love the rain, I love your family, I love your shitty band, I love touring and mostly because I am so in love with you. Why would I give all of that up to stay in New York? That would be so stupid.’

`It’s your family, you know?’

`You’re my family now and I mean that.’

He turns to look at me, his eyes sparkling with tears, not like he’d ever admit that though.

`Do you really, really mean that?’ he asks, his voice barely audible.

`Yes, I thought that was a given.’

`Wow.’

I stare at him, really confused by his reaction. I thought he knew I loved him and let’s face it, I was never close to my family anyway so for me to consider Josh, the band and the Franceschi’s to be family more than anyone else really isn’t a surprise at all. Well, you wouldn’t think so but Josh is still staring at me in surprise.

He puts one hand on my cheek, the other still holding my hand. He guides my face up to his and kisses me softly on the lips. A quick peck, before pulling back.

`So, when do we leave?’
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this! I don't have any plan as to where this story is going so I'm just going to hope I get inspiration soon! Don't worry though, I won't leave it unfinished and I will come up with some ideas soon enough!
I'll try and update as frequently as possible or as much as my college workload will allow me to anyway ;)

Music that inspired me:
Somewhere In Neverland - All Time Low
Crashland - Twin Atlantic
Another Sad Song - Lower Than Atlantis
Cold World - MMX