Status: This is just the start so tell me truley how you feel

The Chance to Love Again

pineapple

“Jane, darling dinner time, suppa is ready" My nana said in a muffled voice.

“Coming"

I walked down to the rustic kitchen and sat down at the chair that faced the window.

“Honey why you dye your hair" Nana asked.

"I didn't dye my hair, it turned brown when I was about seven, and momma said my brain wanted

to be some much like her it magically turned brown."

"Sounds like your momma, born a red head, and went out a burnette. You guys always went outside

of the norm, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know, nana I have to ask why am I here."

“Honey you should know that by now." She said with confusion in her eyes.

“Yeah that I know of but why didn't you just leave me in the U.S. with Aunt Sarah?"

"You want to be with your Aunt"

"No but why did you come get me?"

"Honey I am taking you in because you are my child, deary you know your aunt is delusional?"

"Just like dad."

“Don’t speak of the dead; he’s still your father."

She passed me a big plate of lamb and fruit my favorite.

"Are you just going to stare at it or eat it, it’s going to get cold."

"Thank you"

We ate in silence that was just what I needed.

“Darcy Ann come give me a hug."

I turned around and saw a tall boy with curly brown hair and beautiful blue eyes.

“Chance what are you and the boys doing here, hon. you've gotten taller haven't ya?"

There had to be about four boys one blonde with blue eyes, the cute curly haired boy, and two red

heads that looked alike. The boy with the curly hair who I believe is named Chance looked my way.

We held each other’s eyes as if we were in a trance until he looked away.

"I see you have company already; me and the boys will just find another inn." Chance said.

"Ridiculous this is just my granddaughter she's living with me for now on, the bedrooms are still

available boys." Nana said ecstatically.

"Ahh I have my boys back" she screamed.

"And we have you back nana." The red head twins picked my nana up and were giving her bear hugs.

I noticed myself staring so I faced forward and started eating my fruit. Who knew that grilled

pineapple could have the best taste in the world?

"Honey come and meet the boys"

I got up and walked over to them trying not to look to embarrassed, she pointed to the twins
"The one with the freckles is Scotty, he is the loudest."

"Nice ta meet you, and your nana is mad I can out talk her." Scotty said.

"I’m Jacob but you pretty lady can call me Jake." The next red head said which made me blush
"I'm Chase, it was nice meeting you" he said kissing my hand.

“Chance honey, what are you and the boys doing her I thought you were on tour." Nana said.
Chance looked away from my face to my grandmothers.

"We just got down and couldn't go to our flats; way too many screaming fans to sleep there, besides ive missed your cooking."

Chances voice was one that you could swoon over instantly, smooth like butter.

I know, I know what was I thinking crushing on this dude. I just lost my parents, but I couldn't help it.
"Sorry 'bout that my names Chance its lovely meeting you."

I don't what was going on but just the sound of his voice made my knees weak .Escape plan and fast.
"Nana, I’m a little light headed I’m just going to take my suppa and go to bed.’Kay I love ya see you in the morning."

I said faster than I realized. I hurried to the tabled and grabbed my meal fast and ran to my room.
"Sleep well darling, oh and set your alarm for a ring around seven in the morning many things to do." Nana yelled.

I slammed my door and headed towards the bed, the food just didn't sit well with me and I placed the plate on the desk. I curled up on my bed still wearing what I wore on our flight, and fell asleep thinking of these past days.