Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

The Sickness

Chapter One

9:45 a.m.
“In recent news an outbreak of a new virus is spreading all over in the states. It is believed however that the sun may have some sort of effect on the air and the poulution could be contributing to the sickness-

“Hey, I was watching that.” I pouted and looked over my shoulder at my boyfriend of one year and two months, Tate Harken.

He rolled his eyes and flopped down onto the loveseat, right next to me.

“Ruth, the news is depressing and filled with lies. It’s all crap. They are literally feeding your mind with crap and you’re just allowing it to happen.”

My lips turned up into a smile, “Oh thank you for saving my brain from the vile information that is broadcasted throughout the world.”

“You’re welcome.” He grinned.

Softly, I ran my fingers through his bright blonde hair. It was amazing how bright his hair was, many thought it was dyed but in fact his hair was naturally that color. His eyes were a soft grey color that looked blue in certain lighting. Tate’s nose was a bit crooked from being broken so many times before, forcing him to breathe with his mouth most times (Which resulted in loud snoring at night).

“Shouldn’t you be at work right now?” I asked, glancing up at the clock.

Tate shook his head, “Should be but I’m not.”

“Tate.” I groaned.

He placed his hand over my mouth, “Babe, it’s no biggie. Derek’s my best friend and he won’t fire me.”

I huffed and licked his hand.

“Ew” Tate removed his hand from my mouth and wiped my saliva off on his jeans.

“Derek.” I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled softly, “What’s wrong with Derek now?”

“How do I say that he’s the scum of the earth without being too offending?”

Tate laughed and gave me a quick kiss before getting off of the couch to grab his favorite jacket off of the hanger. Swiftly, he shrugged it on and shoved his phone in his pocket.

“Are you going to come visit me at work?”

I smiled and nodded, “Of course, but I’m going to probably show up a few minutes before you close up.”

“Mmm. Is tonight going to be a good night?” He winked.

Standing up, I moved in front of him and wrapped my arms around him.

“Every night is a good night as long as I’m with you.”